Your new music thread **formerly 'Music Production Thread'

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
MJR

Re: Your new music thread **formerly 'Music Production Threa

Post by MJR »

I did this animated music video for Ina Forsman, which was just released yesterday. It was massive amount of work, but I think the song is great so I gave it all I got. Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/Bhs1QxvHHnc

(I was not sure where else I could post this, since there aren't any 'Music videos and animations you just made -threads)
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Hello ladies and gents. I've just dropped an EP with my Horror Synth/Dark Synthwave project.
Think of it as a Slasher or Monster movie OST. And expect some Splatterhouse and Castlevania influences too!

Check it out here :

https://curseofthenight.bandcamp.com/al ... -for-blood

Thanks for the support!

-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

Aww sheeeit :shock: It's obscenely late here, Nice Ol Granny is sound asleep but I will blast the fuck outta that tomorrow you have my word :cool:
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Awesome :lol: thanks for giving it a spin, bruddah
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

That opening track and its followup have mad ATTRACT MODO *COIN* GAME START vibes. :cool: Instantly got the mental image of a scrolling forest from bird's eye POV with sensibly brisk n' terse text, then *BLAOW* splattering zako guts with a two-by-four Image (said zako being EZ to splat yet satisfyingly horrid to behold, Lesson #1 from TEH 'HOUSE Image)

Actually, I could see this working in both Splatterhouse/Night Slashers' full-throttle "BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE DEAD" concept, and nervier, more cinematic Nosferatu (SFC) mode. For a middle ground, perhaps Elevator Action Returns' punishing tactical gunplay.

Actually, holy fuck - a horror-themed EAR would rock. That measured, tactical, shotgun-and-molotov ethos, in an environment infinitely less constrained by reality - and this would be just the ominously driving synth for it!
drauch

Post by drauch »

BIL wrote:Actually, holy fuck - a horror-themed EAR would rock.
Would cum buckets for that. There's a severe lack of horror-themed sidescrollers in general!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

for any1 who has hAppened to be interested in a physical release of "kristallgeist," i got a deal w/ a dungeon synth label called "heimat der katastrophe" who also occasionally releases "kosmiche musik." they're full w/ submissionz currently, but they said tHat they wanted to work w/ me and will release physical copies of my album if i haven't found some1 else in the next few mOnthz. i dOn't mind waiting a few monthz (already technically waited almost two yearz to finally find a label, so wHat'z a few more monthz? lol)
anyway, to any1 interested, i just figured i'd blast tHat on out :3

here's the label'z website:
https://www.heimatderkatastrophe.com/
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:for any1 who has hAppened to be interested in a physical release of "kristallgeist," i got a deal w/ a dungeon synth label called "heimat der katastrophe" who also occasionally releases "kosmiche musik."
nice work mate, i just took a listen to "kristallgeist". reminds me of legendary pink dots' more obscure instrumental stuff a bit. do you record long jams and edit them down, or are you working more meticulously in a DAW? on a side note its so funny to me that "dungeon synth" exists now, since i used to make elaborate soundtracks for my D&D games with friends. even had the players write their own theme songs/motifs for their characters. 10 years too early! haha
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

blackoak wrote:
BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:for any1 who has hAppened to be interested in a physical release of "kristallgeist," i got a deal w/ a dungeon synth label called "heimat der katastrophe" who also occasionally releases "kosmiche musik."
nice work mate, i just took a listen to "kristallgeist". reminds me of legendary pink dots' more obscure instrumental stuff a bit. do you record long jams and edit them down, or are you working more meticulously in a DAW? on a side note its so funny to me that "dungeon synth" exists now, since i used to make elaborate soundtracks for my D&D games with friends. even had the players write their own theme songs/motifs for their characters. 10 years too early! haha
oH dang, sorry for being late on replyin' >.<

i'm super glad tO know tHat you like kristallgeist, dude! i appreciate the cOmpliment a lot =D
the legendary pink dOtz comparison is interesting. i'm still admittedly not very familiar w/ their discOgraphy. i've only heard a few sOngies of theirz and meant to get around to their albumz. which albumz wOuld you recommend the most? =o

uH, also i try to make it all sOund as if it'z a live jam, so if it cOmes across tHat way, then tHat'z pretty rad to know, but i have such a limited setup. kristallgeist is sO much of a shoestring budget album tHat i made it on my bed w/ my laptop and used a browser piano roll called beepbox for step sequencing, along w/ some drones 'n sOund effectz. i alsO played a lot of the step sequencing by hand tOo using analog synth vsts and had to record slightly different variantz too if i changed a note or sOmethin' (like in the ending of zardoz). so, despite a lOt of improv lead solo playing stuff, i worked painstakingly slow 'cause each sOngie took abOut a month to make =x

as for dungeon synth, yA. i think tHat stuff started in the 90s by black metal musicianz who're influenced by jim kirkwood 'n stuff, and considering your username, "blackoak" and also making dungeon synth for d&d campaignz before the style really gained nOtice or a genre name (which is pretty fukken hardcore), i'm gOnna take a guess tHat you make black metal too? ^^;
i'd definitely be interested in givin' yOur music a spin :>
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
AGermanArtist

Re: Your new music thread **formerly 'Music Production Thread'

Post by AGermanArtist »

In 2022 I had the opportunity to work with a long-time musical hero of mine and the result is here
It's all club focused in various styles. Everything I do is influenced by Konami's SCC MSX chip tunes

There are playlists of 4 EPs and some DJ mixes
The EPs have seen support across the board from all sorts of big name DJs inc Richie Hawtin, Jensen Interceptor, Gene Farris, Ralph Lawson, Erol Alkan, Captain Mustache and so on, and featured on quite a few podcasts/mix shows and on the HOR Youtube livestream series in Berlin.

I was interviewed by Steve Wynn-Jones of Irish blog/mag 909originals about it here

Bandcamp
Instagram