New Dreamcasts at Amazon/TRU

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Accutron

New Dreamcasts at Amazon/TRU

Post by Accutron »

Weird...

http://tinyurl.com/4rhcp

$80 eh...I knew you could still get new JPN units through Lik-Sang, but these are obviously NTSC-U.
stoneroses

Post by stoneroses »

I just learned about the early vesions being able to play inports with the swap disk (has a circled 0 or 1 next to the NTSC U). I would assume these ones are the newer ones, which would prevent this. Not that it matters much, but noteworthy nonetheless.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Yeah they're undoubtedly no-CD units.
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

Isn't EB Games still selling used units for 10 or 15 bucks? I can't see why somebody would want to pay 8 times as much for a new unit. I wonder if they'll stock Dreamcast games, too.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Blue Lander wrote:I can't see why somebody would want to pay 8 times as much for a new unit.
Agreed, though I've seen some pretty gnarly-looking refurbs come from EB and Gamestop, and avoid them like the plague. I bought my second DC at a local pawn shop about 2 years ago for $20, and with the exception of not having a box, it was brand new, and luckily a rev. 1 unit.
vek

Post by vek »

some of these reviews are wonderful.

"Manufacturing Date: 1999 same as the PS/PSone and Nintendo 64
Model: standard and some limited or special edition such as the Pikachu, Gold, Transparent Colored etc.
System: 64 bit, powered by Win Ce"

man, 64 bit pikachu dreamcasts? they must be super r@re!!!1 gotta find myself one and stick it on ebay...
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

vek wrote:man, 64 bit pikachu dreamcasts? they must be super r@re!!!1 gotta find myself one and stick it on ebay...
Maybe he's mistaken Pikachu with Hello Kitty.
vek

Post by vek »

Skyline wrote:
vek wrote:man, 64 bit pikachu dreamcasts? they must be super r@re!!!1 gotta find myself one and stick it on ebay...
or maybe he's mistaken dreamcast for n64 and is talking about the even r@rer win ce n64???!?!?!?! omg the excitement!
OptimusPrimeX

Post by OptimusPrimeX »

vek wrote:
Skyline wrote:
or maybe he's mistaken dreamcast for n64 and is talking about the even r@rer win ce n64???!?!?!?! omg the excitement!
lmao... exactly what i was thinking