shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 527, 528, 529, 530, 531
 Post subject: Re: Movies you've just watched
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:26 pm 

Stevens wrote:

That said it had one truly outstanding moment that ensued in laughter so fierce my face spazzed out (Bells Palsy 15 years ago - recovered like 90% of my movement, but face is prone to painful spasms for like 15 - 30 seconds if I stretch the muscles too much).

Well I can't find it - but it starts with JCVD kicking the dude in the ribs. He stumbles into a fire and immediately ignites, like he bathed in gasoline just prior to leaving the house. Then falls into a car and explodes like he was made of dynamite. Amazing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: this is some of the funniest shit I’ve read on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re Cyborg, yeah what a horrible movie. I saw it in the theater and don’t remember much else other than it sucked ass and ruined my day.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:15 am 

Good old schlockmeister Albert Pyun.

Dude can not get enough of making terrible direct-to-video movies revolving around cyborg characters.

...yet he started his career making one of the top 10 fantasy movies of the 80s: The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982)

Apologies for the sub-MST3K subtitles, it's the only animated gif I could find of that ridiculously awesome sword:

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:41 am 

Bill and Ted Face the Music:***

There are a lot of ways that making a sequel to a pair of films that last saw a theater almost thirty years ago could have turned out to be a complete disaster, but fortunately this manages to avoid most of them. I think the producers realized pretty early on how ridiculous this whole premise was (both the movie itself and the premise of making a "teen" movie starring a couple of actors pushing 60 years old) and just ran with it, and the result is a reasonably entertaining film that doesn't take itself too seriously

That said, the plot of this one can at times reach Christopher Nolan levels of confusing (haven't seen Tenet but I've heard it's pretty bad) and Alex Winter has not aged well (he has had a fairly successful Hollywood career on the other side of the camera but hasn't been in any major feature films in quite a while.) It's also rather short at only 91 minutes run time, which feels more than a little rushed at times, mostly because they spend too long on other things that don't add much to the movie (but were presumably cheap to film.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:10 pm 

Just watched Locked Down and Outside the Wire.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:33 am 

Stevens wrote:
Just a heads up -

5 Element Ninjas is on Netflix and you can watch it in Chinese.

I don't know how I've missed this for 40 years. Just watched and it's gold.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 527, 528, 529, 530, 531