Any Winning Eleven Soccer Fans?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Any Winning Eleven Soccer Fans?

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

WE 8 is coming out for ps2 and xbox today...and wondering if any1 is a fan of the series here..I enjoy WE 7 on the ps2 but i keep getting owned by the computer.
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
gmw

Post by gmw »

I've been a huge fan of the WE series for years now. Been playing WE8 for PS2 for the last 6 months, since its Japanese release. Great soccer series around. Hopefully the US release cures the slowdown around the goal that's present in the Japanese version.
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

im getting the XBOX version but NO XBOX live play..even though the EURO release had it..and i dont want to play fifa 2005!
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
vek

Post by vek »

quality game, yeah. was out in europe a while ago, haven't got it myself yet, but played it loads when i was at home over christmas, my brother's got it on ps2 and a friend has the xbox version, both are great :)

i can't say i noticed any slowdown on either version. not 100% sure if that means they fixed it or just means it wasn't bad enough for me to notice, but either way, fine by me.
judesalmon

Post by judesalmon »

The PS2 version is better.
Be attitude for gains:
1) Be praying...
2) Be praying...
3) Be praying...

And a shameless plug for the stuff I'm selling on eBay, if you're into that sort of thing.
OptimusPrimeX

Re: Any Winning Eleven Soccer Fans?

Post by OptimusPrimeX »

I've been meaning to pick this game up for a while. It seems to have a big niche following... at least compared to EA Sports (crap)

how many of them were released in English?
vek

Re: Any Winning Eleven Soccer Fans?

Post by vek »

OptimusPrimeX wrote:I've been meaning to pick this game up for a while. It seems to have a big niche following... at least compared to EA Sports (crap)

how many of them were released in English?
all of them, as far as i know. in europe at least, don't have a clue about america. thing is, we have different names for them over here. although we didn't used to. see, thing is, there are two series, winning eleven (pro evolution soccer in europe) and jikkyou world soccer (international superstar soccer). but in the days of ps1/n64, all the games released here were called international superstar soccer. so perhaps some early ones got missed in the confusion. and i can't remember about the 16bit ones.

there's 7 konami football games released on the ps2 alone here :) and all these people complain about ea? heh. mind you, we love our football over here. pro evolution 3 apparently had 1 million pre orders in the uk alone.

both pes 4 and fifa 2005 were released pretty much at the same time on the ps2, pes 4 was outselling fifa by 50%, although fifa was multi format straight away so it outsold pes 4 overall. perhaps pes 4 has caught back up now it's had xbox and pc releases. i dunno. but yeah, a big following, dunno if you could quite call it a niche following :)
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Ive been a fan of WE since Winning Eleven 2 (Yes, TWO) on the PS1. The game keep getting better and better, it's a zillion times better than the crap FIFA series.

I havent played much of WE7 though, and am still to play WE8 (NO PS2 for me :D). But I am the king of Winning Eleven 2002 (The last one in the PS1) around my friends :)
PlasmaDancer

Post by PlasmaDancer »

I was wondering if anyone around here played this :) I began with the original SNES version back in high school and then went through a period of mostly playing the KCEO games (the Perfect Striker series) on the N64. After that came the PSone and the Konami Tokyo versions. The Cube version (WE6 Final Evolution) is probably the sole reason for keeping many of my chums slightly connected to gaming...

Now I'm up to WE8 as well, although I haven't had much time to devote to it lately. Current mission impossible is winning the world cup on 5 stars (I haven't bought/unlocked/whatever 6 stars yet) with the greatest team to ever have played the beautiful game, *cough* Wales. The current campaign has brought me my finest hour so far, a 2-0 win against Brazil in the opening Group stage :D Next up, South Korea in the first round proper...

The Master League looks great in this version, but I haven't got the time to delve into it at the moment.
'It's all in your imagination...if you put your mind to it, you can be capable of anything.'
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Well, if you want to count the older games that are not called "Winning Eleven"...

then I am a big fan of the series since Konami's Soccer on MSX, back in 1985! :)

Konami have beaten EA in the Soccer games field since the beginning. International Super Star Soccer is thousands time better than any incarnation of Fifa Soccer.