Underrated SNES games

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

If you have someone to play it with, Tetris Battle Gaiden (I forget the Japanese title, but it's Tetris -something- Gaiden) is the best version of Tetris I've ever played. It's not much fun by your lonesome, but if you can lure a few friends into it, you're set. :D

BTW... how can you claim that the best puzzle game ever is Puyo Puyo when your avatar is from Mr. Driller? I see a conflict of interests here. :wink: :lol:

For what it's worth, I think Puyo Puyo is the best classic ochige (falling stuff game) ever as well. :D
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I love Super Puyo Puyo Tsu remix! The hard course and four player modes rock!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Davey wrote:Granted, I'm sure the American public would gravitate more towards Tetris Attack than they would towards Panel de Pon, but it's misleading regardless.
I tend to think that it's more a matter of the time in which the games were released; back in the 16-bit era, Japanese culture and such wasn't as big in the West as it is now, so a lot of stuff that was brought over here was heavily localized...these days you don't see nearly as much of it. Heck, in some cases the Japanese "elements" of certain things are emphasized rather than downplayed. I tend to think that if Puyo Puyo, Panel de Pon, etc. were just coming to the West now, a lot more of the original stuff would be left in.
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

I've heard Outlander is really good
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

IMO, Pac-Attack/Pac-Panic/Cosmo Gang the Puzzle is underrated. Not the most original game out there, but still very fun.
Recap

Post by Recap »

Magical Pop'n

Doremi Fantasy is even better, thoe.

Also, while it's not "underrated," if you like Prince of Persia, the SNES one is the best version of all IMHO. Probably has something to do with the fact that Konami made it.
Konami just bought the rights for publishing it in the Western countries. The game's from Masaya.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Recap wrote:Magical Pop'n

Doremi Fantasy is even better, thoe.
Wow, I'll check those out! Woot, more platformers for the SNES~

Also, while it's not "underrated," if you like Prince of Persia, the SNES one is the best version of all IMHO. Probably has something to do with the fact that Konami made it.
Konami just bought the rights for publishing it in the Western countries. The game's from Masaya.
Really? Wow, never knew that.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Recap wrote:Konami just bought the rights for publishing it in the Western countries. The game's from Masaya.
The Choaniki guys? :shock:
Imhotep

Post by Imhotep »

araiguma rascal
majyuuou
gourmet sentai barayarou
melfand stories
mersi

Re: Underrated SNES games

Post by mersi »

Urban Strike
Sunset Riders