Uk Postage delays?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Gwen

Uk Postage delays?

Post by Gwen »

Hey guys...., I ordered Resident Evil 4 from NCSX on 13th Jan, and when i've told them I haven't recieved it yet, they told me that parcels from the us to the uk are now taking a lot longer, even up to a month(!!!) in transit due to supposed enhanced checking at customs..... Now, I haven't heard anything about this (I ordered KOF 94 rebout from them just after christmas and it came in less than a week.....) So are they just bsing me? Anyone else getting longer than usual delays?
Gozer

Post by Gozer »

I wonder if it's the other way around as well. I'm still waiting on my Progear PCB to arrive from the UK. I was told it will take 30 days to 8 weeks for it to arrive. The 30 day mark will be Friday for me. I didn't realize it would take this long.
system11

Post by system11 »

Only part of it is customs... The UK mail service is deplorably slow anyway, ESPECIALLY surface mail. Never ever use surface - it's like giving them a license to 'deliver it one day, eventually'.

If you have things sent inbound, use EMS or Global Express. Costs more but is very much quicker, and frequently if customs are overloaded they seem to pass these straight through (note - Play Asia and Lik Sang packages always get taxed for some reason).

For outbound, there shouldn't be any customs checking as far as I'm aware, though it can take up to a week to actually leave the country even when airmail.