Demon Front info please...(edit: and findings)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
dimmuborgir

Demon Front info please...(edit: and findings)

Post by dimmuborgir »

Ok, I'm "quite" close to 1CC this game now. But I can't find any info about the game which will help me.

Some questions:

1. Is it possible to obtain any extra life?
2. Does anyone has any info about shortcuts?
I have only found one on the "mining" level. Anyone on level 4 and 5 would be great.
3. On a few occasions you can enter a room where you fight eye orbs. When you have destroyed them a ballon pops up with a heart within. What to do with that? Tried everything but it just lies there.
4. On level 5 (not the ice level) you are being hunted by a wagon. When you destroy that one a key pops up. What to do with that?
5. Other extras/hidden levels/rooms?
6. Full walkthrough? (japanese maybe)

Edit:
1. No one knows.
2. On the stage "Station". After you have completed the carrier run. You will fight a bombspitting wagon and seconds after that a stone golem tries to destroy a hatch. Just jump over the golem and jump from the not-yet-destroyed-hatch to the opening on the right. You will save alot of time and efforts.
3. Every level has a key and a cave containing a sacred item (looks like a balloon). The key unlocks the balloon. The level "Snow" is the most difficult for doing this. The only thing that happens when you unlock all five is that you get points and a different ending.
4. See answer 3.
5. Maybe. There are some different routes. If you complete all five levels within 30 min you get to the last true boss. The boss is different depending on which character you use from the beginning.
6. http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/648 ... front.html
There was also a french FAQ but I haven't been able to find it.
Last edited by dimmuborgir on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:43 am, edited 9 times in total.
TigerCraneFist

Re: Demon Front info please...

Post by TigerCraneFist »

cant offer any answers to these questions but can say that I have been curious about them myself for some time.

Great thread, hopefully someone can shed some light on some of these secrets.
dimmuborgir

Post by dimmuborgir »

Ok, seems that I've found some info when I translate http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/648 ... front.html with http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

Every level has a key and a "balloon" which contains a sacred treasure. I can't translate how to do this but's in the text (Japanese) how to do it. The key unlocks the balloon. When you liberate all sacred treasures on the 5 levels you will fight the true last boss which seems to be some sort of spider (called Thunder) At least what I think...

The boss who preceeds the last one (called Flame) is only available if you complete the game within 30 min. Maybe when you collect all sacred treasures as well.
undamned

Post by undamned »

Cool info! :D Demon Front is a game that I've never played but always wanted to, even though folks usually call it it a Metal Slug rip-off. If you ever get to the point where you can consistently 1CC the game and get the treasures / final boss / etc. you should totally record a replay for us! :D
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

That'd be ace if you can record a superplay run of Demon Front, dimmuborgir.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
dimmuborgir

Post by dimmuborgir »

Well, I'm in a heavy progress now. I have managed to find 4 keys and 4 sacred treasures. The latter are in a cave on every level. I have also find some ways to beat the levels as quick as possible. There are quite much you can just avoid and run from.

When I manage to find the last key and cave I will creditfeed to see if I come to the last true boss.

The game is really good. I have read some reviews where it says that the game is so long but it's not true. Max 30 min.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:That'd be ace if you can record a superplay run of Demon Front, dimmuborgir.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
+1

Show us your skillzorz! :P
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

There used to be a French website that had a full strategy guide, showing pics of all the secrets, treasure, keys, but I can't seem to find it anymore. The game is still misunderstood by many, mostly because of bogus reviews (and of course being unemulated).
dimmuborgir

Post by dimmuborgir »

I'll second that regarding the reviews. I have also seen traces about the french websites, but as you say, only dead links...
dimmuborgir

Post by dimmuborgir »

Yes, thanks to Gaijinpunch:s translation the final key and cave was found.

Hmm, where do I get a videocamera to tape this?
TigerCraneFist

Post by TigerCraneFist »

oh man... thats awesome. Cant wait to see some of these things if you manage to tape it.

Such a great game!
dimmuborgir

Post by dimmuborgir »

Hmm, managed to get all keys and treasured today but no true boss. Don't tell me this has to 1CC:d to get there...
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

dimmuborgir wrote:Hmm, managed to get all keys and treasured today but no true boss. Don't tell me this has to 1CC:d to get there...

Thats probably the case, but I thought you said you were close to 1CC'ing it anyway?
dimmuborgir

Post by dimmuborgir »

Well, yes. If I manage to have 1 life and at least a 50% barrier when the 30 min limit boss comes it will be 1CC:ed. This boss (not the last true) is much easier than the "original" boss (three bosses here for the ones reading this).

I shall translate the Japanese text again to see if I find something useful.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

dimmuborgir wrote:Well, yes. If I manage to have 1 life and at least a 50% barrier when the 30 min limit boss comes it will be 1CC:ed. This boss (not the last true) is much easier than the "original" boss (three bosses here for the ones reading this).

I shall translate the Japanese text again to see if I find something useful.
Great! I really hope you will be able to make a video of your efforts as well!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
dimmuborgir

Post by dimmuborgir »

Hmm, seems that I've been mistaken. There is no third true boss. The FAQ was incomplete but it says >One final boss appears in each player character.

So there are 4 different ones. I have used the same character all the time.

The only thing that happens when you collect all sacred treasures is that you get another ending which I must have missed since I didn't care because I thought I'd fight another boss.

A little disappointment but great to have sorted out. The only thing I don't know now is if the 30 min rule apply even if I have collected all treasures. I think I used more time but came to the last boss anyway.

Edit: First post is heavingly edited.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

dimmuborgir wrote:Edit: First post is heavingly edited.
Perhaps the title could use an edit as well. "Demon Front findings", perhaps? :D