Information on Hisayoshi Ogura (OGR)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Dragon God

Information on Hisayoshi Ogura (OGR)

Post by Dragon God »

I wasn't exactly sure if this was suitalble for the Shmups Chat board as I'm looking for information on his musical background(IE, how did he end up there) rather than his career at Taito. I'm wondering about his origins, his inspirations, his style and all.

I know this is a bit vague, but if any of you has information on him, I'd greatly appreciate it so I can pay tribute to him the best way I possibly can. I'm planning a website dedicated to the musical minds of Zuntata (obviously), and of course I felt I needed to start off with acquiring info on OGR as he appears to be the main person of the team. Am I wrong in thinking he might have been at Taito since Space Invaders (or earlier) and may have founded/started Zuntata ?

Again, I apologise if I'm being too vague, and any bits of information will be appreciated.
gameoverDude

Re: Information on Hisayoshi Ogura (OGR)

Post by gameoverDude »

I think OGR may be the very first Zuntata member. Released in 1985, Kage no Densetsu (The Legend of Kage) is the earliest work by him that I know of.

Jungle Hunt/King and Elevator Action had BGM but I don't know if OGR composed these.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Tar-Palantir

Post by Tar-Palantir »

Taito's website has a Zuntata section, and seems to have extensive composition credits or OST listings. Sadly, it's in Japanese :( And I like your avatar :)
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

This is an interview with OGR, in japanese however. Hope it can help :?

Note: OGR won the VGM Gamest award in 1997 for G-Darius, considered his masterpiece with "The Ninja Warriors".[/url]
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

From a Babelfishing of this, I gather that he joined Taito in 1983- only as a sound person at first.
Kinect? KIN NOT.