What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
null1024

Re: What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Post by null1024 »

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
PS1 port looks surprisingly good, although the pixelated frames of animation on some of the Stands is a bit of a bother.
[sure, there's MAME, but gah]
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

By far the worst 3 minutes of my life. Thanks/
drauch

Post by drauch »

i loled.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
AttObl

Post by AttObl »

Front Mission and it's spinoff, Front Mission: Gun Hazard.

I like these games, but I really like Gun Hazard a lot.

Thinking about deleting ePSXe (For more disk space), but I'll hold off because of LSD: Dream Emulator.
Glory with the Moon. Mercy on the Earth.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Crazy Taxi
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

AttObl wrote:Front Mission and it's spinoff, Front Mission: Gun Hazard.

I like these games, but I really like Gun Hazard a lot.

Thinking about deleting ePSXe (For more disk space), but I'll hold off because of LSD: Dream Emulator.
Just buy a new hard drive ... 2TB I think is < $80 these days in these parts.
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

FFXIII & 3SOE

I gave DFK BL a few goes some time last week but haven't been playing shmups much lately.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Casual Romance Club. Dating digital is so much easier.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Have very nearly finished "Alice: Madness Returns"

It's pretty epic.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

shmuppyLove wrote:Have very nearly finished "Alice: Madness Returns"

It's pretty epic.
Finished! Managed 84% completion. No interest in trying for 100%, even though it has a "New Game +" option, which I'm assuming lets you start over with all the upgraded weapons.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is next!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Been playing lots of Super Contra lately. After realising the laggy aiming actually had some point to it (16 directions rather than 8... just way too slow about cycling through them), and more importantly could be counteracted by jumping or avoiding diagonals, and furthermore is actually kinda useful when you know exactly what you're doing, it got a hell of a lot more fun. Like the original it's a *very* short ride once you suss things out, but very replayable as there's nary a second one is not either shooting motherfuckers or blowing up large machinery and reaping the gloriously floor-shaking explosion sfx.

Also been revisiting, as I frequently do, a few other Konami classics where gun-toting heroes battle hordes of monsters while coming to terms with their own uncooperative aiming controls.

Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Slowly becoming a Falcom fan, Xanadu Next is a great Diablo / Vagrant Story like dungeon crawler. It could use a jump button though.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I beat Dark Souls twice, so I'm done with that for now(I may hop back into it, after the patch, just to see what's up). Just completed RE4 HD(probably gonna work on Separate Ways soon). Now, I'm back to Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes, on XBLA.

You know, GH HD graphics looks kinda poor. I hook mine into a CRT, and use the original graphics. I find it looks less pixelated, than the Saturn version(obviously because it's upscaled to 480...and probably has a filter applied).

I just bought a pair of gamer's glasses, because of all the eye strain these games are causing me. Dark Souls was the primary culprit, by far.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Popped back in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity on the PS2. I really like the whole gravity control system in this game, it's a very flexible engine that's actually fun to manipulate (unlike the awful Air Point system in the first game that was downright abusive towards the player). Plus, much better course design (they got rid of the constant bottomless pits, fixed the jumping mechanic, and got rid of that stupid 'twirl the analog stick around during this canned sequence' nonsense).

I'd love to see a revamped version of this on XBLA/PSN with a tournament mode (of sorts) that removes the ability to use the extra (broken) boards that can be unlocked.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

BIL wrote: ***Mystifying picture***
What is that mystifying picture of?
I have no sig whatsoever.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

funny and also mildly irritating. congrats/ :)

incidentally needs a level select code, so i don't have to play the whole thing to see how it ends.

seriously though. enjoyed for what it was.
I have no sig whatsoever.
BIL

Post by BIL »

captain ahar wrote:What is that mystifying picture of?
France, by way of Silent Hill 3. ^_^

104: The drawing that became the foundation for the map of the church was
done by the daughter of a friend of the staff. What she drew was "France."
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Kiken wrote:Popped back in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity on the PS2. I really like the whole gravity control system in this game, it's a very flexible engine that's actually fun to manipulate (unlike the awful Air Point system in the first game that was downright abusive towards the player). Plus, much better course design (they got rid of the constant bottomless pits, fixed the jumping mechanic, and got rid of that stupid 'twirl the analog stick around during this canned sequence' nonsense).

I'd love to see a revamped version of this on XBLA/PSN with a tournament mode (of sorts) that removes the ability to use the extra (broken) boards that can be unlocked.
Man, I'm so glad someone else realizes how nice this game is compared to the first. Only issue with playing it is that when going against another person, it takes ages before they figure out the gravity system. The collision boost thing trips them up the most, they think it'll slow them down.

Also, playing Street Fighter III Third Strike. Been forever, haven't played it much since this thread was made. So good!
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

null1024 wrote:
Kiken wrote:Popped back in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity on the PS2. I really like the whole gravity control system in this game, it's a very flexible engine that's actually fun to manipulate (unlike the awful Air Point system in the first game that was downright abusive towards the player). Plus, much better course design (they got rid of the constant bottomless pits, fixed the jumping mechanic, and got rid of that stupid 'twirl the analog stick around during this canned sequence' nonsense).

Man, I'm so glad someone else realizes how nice this game is compared to the first. Only issue with playing it is that when going against another person, it takes ages before they figure out the gravity system. The collision boost thing trips them up the most, they think it'll slow them down.
Yeah, it's incredibly confusing at first, and a little unintuitive. I think having people actually take the 5 minutes to go through the tutorial mode is a must. Of course, track familiarity is also a big factor as is knowing the best route for the character type you've chosen.
geotrig

Post by geotrig »

bombjack and ssf2x! :D
NZA

Post by NZA »

Battlefield 3 on PC
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Licked blood with the metal slug series in MAME... Considering getting a mvs-motherboard for my cab now. :)
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
AttObl

Post by AttObl »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.

Tough game, but it's very awesome once you beat it.
Glory with the Moon. Mercy on the Earth.
1up

Post by 1up »

Another game from my backlog, Assassins Creed II.

No chance I will complete it before I get Modern Warfare 3 this week (tuesday). And will probably play that for the next couple of months. :oops:
Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

replaying medal of honor allied assault on PC (the 1st one).
played it when it came out and it's still fun and I have chills at some places remembering stuffs :D
This is a game whe you actually play and not stare at cinematics or scripts all day long.
The music is good and the graphics don't hurt the eyes (but I can't run it in max settings somehow game's crash if I do that).
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Although killing civilians with a cardboard box broke the immersion somewhat, this seems to be capturing the feel of the original (I had a little squee moment when I found an e-mail from Manderley).

Only had the one boss fight so far and I can see the annoyance with them. I'd not invested in any armour so a guy with a chaingun was a massive difficulty spike. Then I remembered I had grenades and a shotgun and promptly made light work of him. So yeah, the bad thus far is bosses and the lethal cardboard box.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Back to working on Chess...still suck. Probably around 1200. Figured it belongs here because I'm playing chessmaster which is a videogame.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Chugging through Batman: Arkham Asylum. Just got through the WTF Scarecrow/Psycho Mantis fake out bit, that was pretty awesome.

At least I didn't have to plug my controller into another port though ahahahah

"Dodge the Joker's bullet with the middle stick"

WHAT FUCKING MIDDLE STICK oh fuck you
geotrig

Post by geotrig »

currently playing, jojo's bizare adventure was surprised by how much I'm enjoying this:) also back playing Intial d!
njiska

Post by njiska »

Just finished:
- Mega Man X
- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
- Uncharted 3

Loved them all. Now on to:

- Earth Defense Force 2017 (finishing)
- Sonic Generations
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.