What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Blinge

Re: What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Post by Blinge »

oh no.. the word cockfight is a trigger that reminds me of the dickslap wars at my boarding school =[

good lads died.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Still working on a single credit clear of Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy. I'm now consistently making it up to stage 13 (final ship assault level) but I'm still making a bunch of stupid mistakes in the various planet stages. I've moved the fire planet to first spot since the boss is total stupidity.. if I screw that up, it's reset o'clock.

I am not looking forward to practicing the boss rush.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Well this won't be for much longer because Xenoblade turned up a few minutes ago (very pleased to have gambled on Amazon getting some of the special editions and my taking a punt on it for a borderline unreasonable ONE HUNDRED BRITISH POUNDS, as the artbook is a good inch thick and the soundtrack is a 12" record, not the 7" the promo pictures made it look like) so that's probably going to be life for the next few weeks but....

Langrisser - Switch

Thanks to whomever sold me on this a few pages back!

Bought the full game having played the demo.... but only once I worked out that you were supposed to recruit mercenaries and that it wasn't just an "easy mode" option. I did wonder why the second mission was bloody impossible!

Greatly enjoying having disposable soldiers so Fire Emblem-esque permadeath reinforcement ragequit ambushes are a thing of the past. This seems to have a good difficulty curve where it gets tense but not proper bricking it that you're going to spend over an hour just to lose and reload a save due to a bad critical roll. A bit like how the majestic XCOM 2, plays out, I want to lose if I fuck up and I want to feel the rush of taking a gamble but not be utterly crucified by RNJesus - this is doing that job very nicely indeed.

Shame about the battle animations though, proper early 2000s Flash garbage that I'm sure would put a lot of people off stumping up full price. Similarly, it would have been nice if they let you bind your mercs to their commander so you can move everyone with one, well, move. Yeah the AI sort of does that if you end a turn having not moved them, but it gets a bit dull moving everyone individually in the same formation for 2 turns just to set up a flanking attack. It's not a game-breaker for me, but can see it being offputting for those with a short attention span.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Tried to get into Code Vein but too many things annoy me.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I wonder, is it a good idea if Soulslikes should go in the fromsoft thread too? :shock:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Steamflogger Boss

Blinge wrote:I wonder, is it a good idea if Soulslikes should go in the fromsoft thread too? :shock:
Thought about it. This one is trying super hard to be Souls. It just has too much annoying shit. Levels only give health and stamina (play style is tied to an equippable thing), bosses seem bullet spongy and the game is too easy. The first thing I mentioned is easily my biggest gripe. Not sure how I felt about having an on screen map, much less of a sense of dread and exploration.
Ajora

Post by Ajora »

Just finished Blood Dragon. I enjoyed this more than I did Doom 2016. I loved all the references to my favorite 80s movies, including Miami Connection. It was a bit easy, but there wasn't a weak moment in the campaign.
There was a time, in the era of great chaos, when the Earth and the moon were at war with each other. A daredevil from the moon piloted a bizarre aircraft. It was feared, and because of its shape, called... Einhander.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:Langrisser - Switch

Thanks to whomever sold me on this a few pages back!

Bought the full game having played the demo.... but only once I worked out that you were supposed to recruit mercenaries and that it wasn't just an "easy mode" option. I did wonder why the second mission was bloody impossible!

Greatly enjoying having disposable soldiers so Fire Emblem-esque permadeath reinforcement ragequit ambushes are a thing of the past. This seems to have a good difficulty curve where it gets tense but not proper bricking it that you're going to spend over an hour just to lose and reload a save due to a bad critical roll. A bit like how the majestic XCOM 2, plays out, I want to lose if I fuck up and I want to feel the rush of taking a gamble but not be utterly crucified by RNJesus - this is doing that job very nicely indeed.

Shame about the battle animations though, proper early 2000s Flash garbage that I'm sure would put a lot of people off stumping up full price. Similarly, it would have been nice if they let you bind your mercs to their commander so you can move everyone with one, well, move. Yeah the AI sort of does that if you end a turn having not moved them, but it gets a bit dull moving everyone individually in the same formation for 2 turns just to set up a flanking attack. It's not a game-breaker for me, but can see it being offputting for those with a short attention span.
Langrisser is back eh? Is this a port of the MD or Dramatic Edition or an actual remake?

It would be nice if more turn-based strategy games had expendable units like this.

Langrisser 3 has a different system where you don't have to move the troops manually but it's kind of a disaster.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Just picked up Elderborn.

It's the combat system from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic in a linear first-person soulslike.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Still at Final Fantasy Tactics Advance RESTARTED, having lost all of my previous run savestates in a mysterious coincidence* before (cart looks legit to me and it keeps keeping savestates again).

*) Just the battery of GBA SP having runned out of juice during battle; not for the first time, either.

I keep liking the storyline as well.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Kids, don't let this happen to you. Don't try to map FF12's dungeons by hand. Be a man, wuss out and look the blasted things up on the internet. :P
Steamflogger Boss

That's awesome though bm.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

It would be somewhat more awesome were it 1) Actually complete, and 2) Not riddled with errors. Heaven knows if I'll ever dare to go back and track down whatever loot I missed.
BIL

Post by BIL »

BulletMagnet wrote:It would be somewhat more awesome were it 1) Actually complete, and 2) Not riddled with errors.
I will do my best to complete this great work (;`ω´;)

(■`ω´■)
guigui

Post by guigui »

Why 8=D were here before getting overbloodyspilled by giant-BIRU-favorite-phallus-shaped-sprite ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Well basically,
Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Spoiler
8=D
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

BulletMagnet wrote:Be a man, wuss out and look the blasted things up on the internet.
I've yet to do this to myself with The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker no fun part of its endgame.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

guigui

Post by guigui »

Ok BIL, I really suck at emoticon reading.

Back on topic, still on my journey in Ys VIII. Hopefully I can get Dana in a bathsuit as I hope BulletMagnet’s earlier hint implies.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

So I like weird kusoge. I legitimately appreciate games with wild and lofty ideas that just don't always pan out as intended. I don't need my games to be perfect. Perfect games are boring.

So on that note, I've owned a Japanese copy of D2 for 13 years and never took the time to actually try it out. Holy shit this game, I can't believe I've just been sitting on this insane gem for so long.

I'm honestly wondering how this thing ever managed to get an apparently uncensored release in the West. Hell I'm surprised they even got this by the Japanese censors, lax as they were compared to nowadays.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

BIL wrote:<snip>
thatsenoughinternetfortoday.gif
BIL

Post by BIL »

Thank you BulletMagnet (;`ω´;) (I apologise for not fully articulating the glans - please consider it an armour-plated shell which increases Gynoug Dickman's blood pressure and attack velocity)
drauch

Post by drauch »

ACSeraph wrote:I'm honestly wondering how this thing ever managed to get an apparently uncensored release in the West. .
D2 is censored in the west, is it not? Almost positive there's some tentacle throat action missing.

*Did some reading before posting this. Pretty sure it's just an intro cutscene that's a bit different, but otherwise the same it appears. I always thought there was more, so glad that's apparently not the case!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
kitten

Post by kitten »

no better reminder for why one keeps logging back in than a dick erupting blood in gif format tbqh. i really miss when absurd gif comedy like that was more prolific, 'forum art' is Real Art and it needs to make a comeback
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Steamflogger Boss

BIL is an artiste.

So people bitch about From games not respecting their time (kekw) but it took me three hours in Xenosaga for anything to even happen.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Gynoug dick man. You are the gift that keeps giving.
My lord, I have come for you.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:BIL is an artiste.
His second greatest masterpiece after the platypus one for Blingey.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL, my non-blood brotha, you are a madman.
must have been at least a decent amount of time and effort, to create this cock joke.

As always, I salute your dedication to cock drawings ;-;7
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

kitten wrote:no better reminder for why one keeps logging back in than a dick erupting blood in gif format tbqh. i really miss when absurd gif comedy like that was more prolific, 'forum art' is Real Art and it needs to make a comeback
Steamflogger Boss wrote:BIL is an artiste.
Stevens wrote:Gynoug dick man. You are the gift that keeps giving.
BareKnuckleRoo wrote:His second greatest masterpiece after the platypus one for Blingey.
FinalBaton wrote:BIL, my non-blood brotha, you are a madman.
must have been at least a decent amount of time and effort, to create this cock joke.

As always, I salute your dedication to cock drawings ;-;7
I am nothing less than blessed with good friends, good pixels, and good monster cocks ;-;7

(and the occasional monster muff :cool: homie is goin ham on that box :shock:)

scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I fucking love FF12!

even if the story falls apart at the end.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

scrilla4rella wrote:I fucking love FF12!

even if the story falls apart at the end.
It's amazing. One of the most beautiful 480i games ever made.