Iraqi elections: everything is going well

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Stormwatch

Iraqi elections: everything is going well

Post by Stormwatch »

Here's something nice from Iraq The Model:

"The media is reporting only explosions and suicide attacks that killed and injured many Iraqis so far but this hasn't stopped the Iraqis from marching towards their voting stations with more determination. Iraqis have truly raced the sun.

I walked forward to my station, cast my vote and then headed to the box, where I wanted to stand as long as I could, then I moved to mark my finger with ink, I dipped it deep as if I was poking the eyes of all the world's tyrants.

I put the paper in the box and with it, there were tears that I couldn't hold; I was trembling with joy and I felt like I wanted to hug the box but the supervisor smiled at me and said "brother, would you please move ahead, the people are waiting for their turn".

Yes brothers, proceed and fill the box! These are stories that will be written on the brightest pages of history.

It was hard for us to leave the center but we were happy because we were sure that we will stand here in front of the box again and again and again. Today, there's no voice louder than that of freedom.

No more confusion about what the people want, they have said their word and they said it loud and the world has got to respct and support the people's will."
Specineff

Re: Iraqi elections: everything is going well

Post by Specineff »

Stormwatch wrote:Here's something nice from Iraq The Model:

"The media is reporting only explosions and suicide attacks that killed and injured many Iraqis so far but this hasn't stopped the Iraqis from marching towards their voting stations with more determination. Iraqis have truly raced the sun."
And to think in Mexico the worst we had to worry about was people getting drunk after the counting was done. :shock:
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

It's hard for me to imagine people getting killed just for voting...craziness.

I have mixed feelings on the war as well; the war started based on false pretenses nd now there's 1000+ dead (not counting Iraqis, even), but now Saddam's gone and that's good...
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

The war did not need any pretense. As there is no such a thing as a "right to enslave", no dictatorship is sovereign. Therefore, any free country has the right to invade any dictatorship and overthrow its tyrant, whenever they believe doing so is convenient, not having to seek anyone else's sanction.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Aaaaand cue the can o' worms...
Neon

Post by Neon »

funny to hear all this high-handed talk from Stormwatch, who pirates new games.

I dunno about republicans, man. There are ones who seem intelligent like greg and undamned, but then there's ones like the guys from my high school who joined the marines so that they could go to Iraq to "kill sand niggers."
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

If I can't pirate new games, then the terrorists have won! :shock:
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

LEEEETTT'S GEETTTT POOOLLIIITICAAAAL!
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
Brian

Post by Brian »

Bush speaks about the "fires of freedom" and ending oppression, but he speaks as if Palestine and Iraq are the only 2 countries in the middle east. How come his grand vision does not apply to Saudi Arabia? Afterallm, Saudi Arabia is arguably the most repressive government in the world. Not to mention how he cuddles with Pakistan and refuses to acknowlegde the holocaust that is Sudan.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

I really want to discuss this, but with the new forum giving everyone a fresh start I am gonna restrain myself here. I have strong believes on these issues but argumenting on this sort of stuff isn't gonna do a lot of good to the forum's community so I'll save it for fora which focus on public opinions. :)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!