RE4: new thread

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
CMoon

RE4: new thread

Post by CMoon »

Thought I'd start yet another thread since the last one is gone.

So yes, this game is really, surprisingly good. Beautiful graphics, tight gameplay, and sort of doing the FPS thing without feeling like Doom.

Unfortunately it's not quite the upskirt action game it could have been, but you can solve that with the rifle scope... :twisted:

This is probably one of the last big hooharahs on the GC and well worth giving Capcom a bit of your hard earned cash. Like with Street Fighter, it seems they have once again boxed themselves into a corner, but RE4 shoots its way out, bullets flying every which way. In a way, it's almost more like Metal Gear 3, but not as funny.

Still, Devil may cry 3 is out next month--Capcom is one busy mutha.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
jp

Re: RE4: new thread

Post by jp »

CMoon wrote:
Still, Devil may cry 3 is out next month--Capcom is one busy mutha.

They have to be. Its my understanding that they're on the verge of bankruptcy. Then I guess EA will buy them... :evil:

At any rate, good to hear that RE4 is excellence. I shall definitely have to check it out in the near future. Whenever I get a new GC anyways.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

I thought RE 4 was going to be ported afterwards to PS2. Going Cube-exclusive was not a good idea to begin with. Whut happened to Killer 7, by the way? Is it going to end up being the Robotech Crystal Dreams of the Cube?
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

Uh, how about no, they're not close to bankruptcy? Take random comments found on internet with a mountain of salt.

They've lost a bit of money in the last two years, including what seems to be a big restructuring charge the year before last, but have enough cash to survive for quite some time.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/lease.htm

They do have a surprising amount of convertible bonds owed though, strange.

As for RE4 needing to go PS2 - it's true that it was necessary. But still, they could have waited until after the GCN version launched to announce it.
jp

Post by jp »

*shrugs*

Whatever man, I don't really care about 'em these days. But it is nice to know that RE4 turned out good. :D
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
beatifik

Post by beatifik »

RE4 is sick as hell.

and that's all i have to say.
say, by the way...

and in the meantime, it's gone away....
Neon

Post by Neon »

Can't wait for the ps2 port, if it's as good as everyone says. But it's a resident evil game...meh.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Oh man! First Sega, and now Capcom. What's next, dare I even ask!
zer0eight

This game is beyond belief!

Post by zer0eight »

All I have to say is play this game! This is hands down the killer app for the Gamecube and reason alone to buy and keep a gamecube system. Hell, you can buy refurbished GC systems for like $59.00. Even if it comes out for the PS2 I think something will be lost in translation. This game seems like it was tailor made for the cube and everyone involved was really focused when they made it. It is an excellent game and breath of fresh air for the Resident Series. I had lost intrest after part 2. If they had not revamped it, I would of not of liked it as much. Hats off to Capcom... this is one of their best IMO.

zer0eight
Less than zero, more than infinity.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I'm playing it at the moment, im at the salazar boss at the moment.. and finding it quite hard..
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
jordy

Bring on March

Post by jordy »

I'm hanging for march, when this gets a australian release. Looks fantastic.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

I think the one boss that gave me a REAL challenge (well other than Salazaar's right hand which is just stupid) was Krauser. I guess I hadn't upgraded enough coz I just couldn't drop in the two minutes they give you. I finally just bought a missle launcher and blew a big hole in his chest. If this hadn't had been a timed fight it would have been easy, but whatever.

I'm actually looking forward to the big salazaar fight again now that I have my semi-auto rifle powered completely up, should be a breeze.

Oh speaking of the rifle, I love the fact that the El Gigantes or whatever drop like flies when you have the rifle powered up. I don't even have to get near them and no jumping on their back. Just keep shooting them from far away--they maybe take 8 bullets or something...wow!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
SHMUP sale page.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I also haven't enjoyed an RE title this much since part 2. Capcom really went above and beyond with this title. I am actually looking forward to Devil May Cry 3 after spending time with this one. Survival horror games always kill me though. My OCD like tendencies to take as little damage as possible while being as ultra conservative with ammo as I can really drag these games out for me. Oh well, just my nature I guess.
jordy

Post by jordy »

I couldn't wait. Thanks to Play-Asia, I soon be enjoying my first experience of import gaming on the cube. Not to mention some RE4 action. All for cheaper than than it will retail here when it finally releases in March. Counting down the days. Gods speed my trusty little order. Gods speed.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Killer 7 is scheduled for a June 7 release.
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

Neon wrote:Can't wait for the ps2 port, if it's as good as everyone says. But it's a resident evil game...meh.
No it isn't.

Well, not really. I mean, it's called Resident Evil, and it has some characters from Resident Evil, but the actual gameplay is extremely different. That's why it's actually good this time around. It's not just "a good Resident Evil game," it's a good game period.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Biohazard/RE 4 totally blew me away. I waxed on about how great this game earlier (I failed to notice this thread, my apologies :oops: )... but yeah, this is just fantastic stuff. Best horror game since Fatal Frame :D

If DMC3 is half as inspired as this game then it'll be great... Viewtiful Joe 2, Biohazard 4... maybe Capcom can pull off 3 great sequels in a row. Wouldn't that be nice?
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Haha! Just got the unlimited rocket launcher. Of course, it immediately ruins the game, but still it is pretty cool wading through millions of corpses.

Viewtiful Joe 2? I must be the only one in the world who didn't like Viewtiful Joe 1 so I haven't bothered picking it up.
SHMUP sale page.