Sin & Punishment 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
szycag

Re: Sin & Punishment 2

Post by szycag »

I didn't know even leaderboards would be affected... damn. That's going to make Star Soldier R just about useless.
That is Galactic Dancing
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

WarpZone wrote:Nintendo is shutting down Wii servers on May 20, so S&P2's leaderboards will be gone. I'm curious what the highest scores for each stage ended up being, though I don't have access to my Wii until past the deadline to check. Just throwing this out there if anyone else cares.
It would be great if someone with access would copy the top scores to a thread on this forum so they are preserved and more widely accessible.
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

I'll get photos of all the Normal Isa scores on the Japanese and Western versions, but I don't really care about anything else. I'll let someone else collect those.

EDIT

I bothered to take photos of all the Isa and Kachi scores in the Japanese version. I'll probably get the Isa+Kachi mode scores later tonight. I'll probably bother to get all the international scores too.
WarpZone

Post by WarpZone »

MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

I got everything except for the two player mode scores, so if anyone cares about the two player leaderboards they better get on that soon. I'm slowly putting everything else in to a spreadsheet. It'll be done some day.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

I recorded the top 15 full game scores for co-op on Normal before WFC went down. I can post them here if anyone is interested.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

It appears that this didn't only affect Wii games but also the DS leaderboards :/ I got this message when I tried to upload my new high score in Aa Mujou Setsuna a few days ago:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

pestro87 wrote:It appears that this didn't only affect Wii games but also the DS leaderboards :/
Yes. The announcement was for both Wii and DS/DSi internet. Metal Torrent's internet was also different than that of a standard DS game since it's DSi specific. No worries about WPA, unlike regular DS games. Sad to see it gone.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I'm necroing this thread to say that Treasure vibe is not dead.

Bleed and Bleed 2 are the best S&P like games I've ever played, they do really get the hang of it. Now on sale less than 5€ on the Swith eshop (EU at least, not sure on NA), ridiculous price for the fun they provide :

https://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Jeux-a-tel ... 16663.html
https://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Jeux-a-tel ... 45609.html
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I LOVE this game to death. But I only have one problem with this game: It's too freaking long.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

I'd consider 1cc'ing clearing the whole 3 hours of madness... if it weren't for the fact that you don't recover full health inbetween stages like you do in S&P1.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
guigui

Post by guigui »

1'CCing S&P2 is indeed a marathon run. Satisfying when done. I guess the real scoring challenge is to be done stage by stage though. MMM was a real pro at it, would love to see him post again sometime.

1'CCing Bleed looks like a 30 minutes run. After more runs, it looks like Bleed 2 is closer to S&P. More intense than Bleed 1 and you get the reflect weapon from the beginning.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

too bad the Switch ports of Bleed don't let you use motion control for aiming like the WiiU port of Noitu Love 2. I'm just... so embarrassingly bad at twin-stick D:

and yeah S&P2's length is more than I can handle :lol: when first playing the game I would actually restart the whole game if I game-overed, but after a while I had to give up on that. Even if I'm not dying, by end of stage 3 my hands are cramping.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Wait, your health is not fully restored at the end of each stage? :shock:
The last time I played full runs must have been years ago but I thought you got back all your health, though I might be remembering wrong. Maybe the lack of life refill is only in Hard difficulty? And what region have you tried? The JP game came out earlier and a bunch of small adjustments were made for the Western versions, such as some mid-bosses being swapped around in Stage 4, or some visual changes against Stage 2 boss. Anyway, damn does that make a Hard Mode marathon appear even more impossible lol. I found Normal to be doable back in the days but you really need to have 2 and a half hours in front of you and hope the stage 6's last boss won't screw you over. credit-feeding to unlock stages in practice mode and learning each one individually is almost a pre-requisite to make progress at a decent pace.

Also, you should rest your wrists on your leg/knees while playing if you use a Wiimote. I suppose you'll emulate it, so a mouse+keyboard set-up should be more comfortable for longer sessions.

Bleed 2 looks pretty cool as well from what I've seen.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I only play this game on Easy anyway. I hear the game's way too brutal on Normal and Hard.
guigui

Post by guigui »

As far as I remember, you get life refill between stages in S&P2, normal mode. I guess I'm lucky since I've never encountered the arm issue when playing long session on the Wii, good couch here :D
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Normal 1cc on S&P2 is very reasonable. Hard mode though.. just 1ccing stage 7 itself is brutal. I swear the last boss on hard is mode difficult than anything else treasure has made, at least any individual boss in their shmups + run & guns
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

On top of that, any big projectile in Hard Mode inflicts 20HP of damage and life bonuses only refill 30 HP. It's very unforgiving, even more so on a full run. @_@
Stage 6 and its terrible lisibility must also be a nightmare under those conditions.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

The game's good enough on Easy for me anyway.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I do not remember if you miss some gameplay elements by playing easy ? Or is it just less damage, more firepower ?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Probably the latter.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:Even if I'm not dying, by end of stage 3 my hands are cramping.
The default buttons assignment is no good at all, just saying. Also, playing any point & click Wii game requires a thing (such as pillow) to brace your hand holding Wiimote against.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

For me, I just cleared (one life) all the individual stages (separately) on Normal and just completed the game on Hard.

If there was some way to practice individual sections for stages, then I might have contemplated one life for each of the individual stages on Hard difficulty too.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Spoiler
If I do the game on Normal, I'm afraid I'm gonna keep failing the part in Stage 6 involving the train, the crane, and the baby Keeper. Because those parts are easily my least favorite parts of the entire game, along with the entirety of Stage 4, since that stage was boring to begin with.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

yeah, Stage 6 is a sonovabitch
Obiwanshinobi wrote:
mamboFoxtrot wrote:Even if I'm not dying, by end of stage 3 my hands are cramping.
The default buttons assignment is no good at all, just saying.
I had switched the controls around to make them more comfortable, swapping the functionality of A and B, and putting Melee on C since Jumping does not seem to have a use. Tho honestly at this point it seems that my hands are just not what they used to be. Last time I tried to play Mega Man X4 I had to take a break after just four stages due to the constant Buster charging and holding down Dash all the time - and that's after I put Dash on R2 so I'm not doing some silly claw-grip. D:
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

It's funny, the parts I dislike the most in Stage 6 are actually the beginning with the eye-bleeding orange lava that hides the orange shots from the spider mechs' orange shots (WTF Treasure?!), the battleship boss attack that uses shitty visibility as an actual weapon (WTF Treasure?!²), and of course the last fight. The first phases last forever and are both milkable (and the second one's milk is really dumb, once the snake is dead just spam dodge + 2-hit sword combo all the time and you're set) and the last phase is...well, you know. :lol:

And to think a 2-loop shmup can be played in the same amount of time it takes to score this stage. @_@
mamboFoxtrot wrote: I had switched the controls around to make them more comfortable, swapping the functionality of A and B, and putting Melee on C since Jumping does not seem to have a use.
I put Melee on C and Jumping on the D-pad, following MMM's advice from a few years ago but never thought about switching A and B. If you also set jumping on the D-pad, do you have any issues with Stage 5 , as this one actually remembers you have a jump button? (also it's easily one of the better stages in the game, short length, good pacing, and zero milking)
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Oh yeah, the orange shots REALLY hurt.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

M.Knight wrote:I put Melee on C and Jumping on the D-pad, following MMM's advice from a few years ago but never thought about switching A and B. If you also set jumping on the D-pad, do you have any issues with Stage 5 , as this one actually remembers you have a jump button?
I... completely forgot this stage uses the jump button. I can't even remember jumping. So I guess that means I didn't have any problems with it. Or, alternatively, I just beat the stage without jumping, but uh, that seems unlikely.
The boss on that stage is an asshole on Hard, tho. I swear it felt like the hitbox for his fire-stream attack reaches you before the graphic does :lol:
I switched A and B not just because holding A is more comfortable, but also because I found it easier to tap B without moving the Wiimote (and thus the reticle) much.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Some of the sections in Stage 5 have floor mines you're supposed to jump over, so your configuration should have allowed you to do that without problems. Otherwise you would remember it I guess!

Yeah, the boss is tricky. I think I start rolling as soon as I see him initiating the roll he performs while breathing fire instead of relying on the fire itself, because as you said it does not give you enough time to react. I also keep one of its reactors alive because the tornado+missile attack that ensues when you destroy both always messes with my depth perception for some reason, so I would rather play it safe. With that in mind, I think it becomes a bit easier, though still challenging enough to keep you on your toes.

To me, slight Wiimote movements caused by B-tapping were definitely a concern when I had the sword mapped to B, but I didn't think about it once it was on the Nunchuck instead. I haven't checked whether A-tapping messed with the Wiimote aiming. It didn't seem like it bothered me otherwise I would have thoght about switching too, but it's an interesting observation.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

This bump has made me nostalgic. I decided to listen to the OST again and this was a good decision.

My copy of the game is in a box somewhere miles away - has anyone attempted to play this through emulation?