Finally Another Ghostbusters Movie?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Vexorg

Re: Finally Another Ghostbusters Movie?

Post by Vexorg »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:Edit: That HT vid on it was pretty good. I didn't even know about those shitty Tarzan and Bourne movies before that... Glug...
You didn't miss much. Didn't see the Bourne movie, but the Tarzan one was a trainwreck.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
drauch

Post by drauch »

I mean, for real... Let this stuff die. Going back this many years later with franchises is almost always a terrible idea.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Ye... Ghostbusters 3 was the video game. This one at best can be Ghostbusters: The New Batch. God I hope Dan and Ernie get a lot of screentime at least.

Like with Star Wars it could never recapture the magic of being someone's first favorite movie, such is the fate for those who aren't first. Zazz and content inflation has raised the cultural standard beyond what a mere movie can ever provide.

Still, I have a crumb of hope I can stay awake through this upcoming one.
Vexorg wrote:There was absolutely nothing in the 2016 Ghostbusters film that warranted the big political firestorm it sparked.
There was an actual material political struggle: The franchise was forcibly taken out of the hands of its original creators against their will. And they threatened to sue the shit out of Murray and the rest if they refused to show up for their pointless 5 second long cameos.

The dumb marketing stuff about misogynist h8ters just brought out a bunch of assholes who don't give a shit about Ghostbusters to complain very loudly on my internet. It's an irritating as hell phenomenon.
Steamflogger Boss wrote:
BryanM wrote:
Blues Brothers 2000
Never got around to seeing this. Kind of feel like I should.
Only if you like train wrecks.
BryanM wrote:
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Vexorg wrote:
Steamflogger Boss wrote:Edit: That HT vid on it was pretty good. I didn't even know about those shitty Tarzan and Bourne movies before that... Glug...
You didn't miss much. Didn't see the Bourne movie, but the Tarzan one was a trainwreck.
I definitely plan to watch 0 seconds of any of them.
drauch wrote:I mean, for real... Let this stuff die. Going back this many years later with franchises is almost always a terrible idea.
:idea:
Interesting.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Vexorg wrote:There was absolutely nothing in the 2016 Ghostbusters film that warranted the big political firestorm it sparked. It was a very average movie that deserved (and generally got) very average reviews.
It's kind of funny considering the general consensus about that movie was exactly that. It was a completely pointless and uninteresting movie, but people were downright fishing for anything they could use as some kind of controversy, so they reeled in a tiny minority, and tried to make a deal out of it.

When Jason Reitman first announced the news, I surfed the interweb for details, seeing if there was more information out there, and this was the top article that came up. Take a deep breath:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... box-office

I especially love how desperately it continually tries to paint Jason Reitman as a complete failure as a director.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It's Forbes so they have a vested interest in distracting people from away from politics. Like all of the conglomerates that rule our lives do.

There is actually a legitimate complaint to be made about nepotism, but god knows it's better in his hands than some Ghostbusters-agnostic pervert. The game's writing was quite good, and I do hope his father and Dan will have input on the script again.

Heck this really could be alright.

(One of the meme jokes on this topic.)
Marc

Post by Marc »

Was the game any good? Or an average game with a Ghostbusters skin?
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'd say it's an average-to-good game with a ghostbusters skin. But the ghostbusters skin is pulled off really well, which honestly counts for a lot.
If you aren't a fan, it's an enjoyable game. If you're a fan, you owe to yourself to play it.
NYN

mother puss bucket

Post by NYN »

Don't do it, man. There's some vulgar revision in it.
They actually CROSS STREAMS and it's not the end of the Twinkie as Spengler knows it!!
You know, first they slime you and then you just lie there in ectoplasm, going "waah".
"I've transmuted into a super being. I'll proof it by killing you." -NGIII ( words to kill by )
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Would there be an angry torch-and-pitchfork crowd over a gender-flipped reboot of Aykroyd's opus Nothing but Trouble?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Mischief Maker wrote:Would there be an angry torch-and-pitchfork crowd over a gender-flipped reboot of Aykroyd's opus Nothing but Trouble?
Yes, his nose is supposed to be a penis.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I only liked the first one, and enjoyed the cartoon, as a kid.

They need to let it go.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

pls no

for every ghostbusters movie they don't make, they make seven star wars movies. we definitely don't need more of that
PSX Vita: Slightly more popular than Color TV-Game system. Almost as successful as the Wii U.
BIL

CLICKBAIT-FREE POST ^O^ GET SCOOP W/OUT PAYING CUNTS

Post by BIL »

*zip* (sound of urine hitting burning garbage)

3+ hour GB2016 cut from THE REGENDARY PAURU FEIGU? Now THAT IS HILARIOUS. DO HE B JUST JOKING? ITS A GR8 JOKE IF SO Image

Image Image Image
PAGING DR PLINKETT

The Sheer Balls On This Smarmy Cunt Image :sad:

Tell you what I wanna see, FEIGU VS DAN AKYLOYDO in...

ImageHOLLYWOOD TOSSER PARKING LOT SHOWDOWN Image

Would be dead cheap - just need a car park, EMTs, and some chalk! I reckon Feigy has AKYMAN beat on stamina - the old boy is heftin some pounds - but if Danno chugs some of that high-grade antifreeze-free WODKA, activating his latent SPERG FORCE, he might eat the smug face right off that fucker's skull, specs n' all - just like grandfather do, when he drive back fascist scum after marching all night on compound fracture to Eastern front! :shock:

Alright, so you'd need a car park, EMTs, chalk AND a fire team. Eat my ass! You KNOW it'd be more profitable than GB2016!
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Don't be mean, Feig has neither the mass nor an inclination to violence to stand a chance. I can't even find a photo of the man not wearing a jacket to hide the twig-like appendages I'm sure are hidden inside.

Argh, I'm still reeling from Sony shoving this movie a year into the future. We're not even guaranteed to have drinkable water when the Fourth or Fifth Impact lands...
BIL

Post by BIL »

Just footage of Feig running for his life from an enraged, inebriated Aykroyd would be the sort of Cinematic Horror Action™ modern audiences love, tbh - especially if each has a GoPro attached for the FOUND FOOTAGE FEEL™, and especially if Feig must scramble up a fence, laddering his socks in the process :shock: (while saying "OHHH NONONONONO," obviously)

If Danny boy's not still mad at Paulie for shitting the Ghost Corps bed, we can sweeten the pot by forging an interview in which Paulie calls him a big spergy dildo-head, and says his premium vodka tastes "just like piss," and that Michael Chiklis is a better actor than John Belushi ever deserved to portray him. Image

memo: parking lot, chalk, EMTs, fire team, GoPros x2
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Whatever happened to that upcoming ghostbusters soft reboot with the Stranger Things kid as Bill Murray?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

March 5, 2021.

It might be the first Ghostbusters movie that's not a shot for shot remake of the first film? If you don't count the video game?

I just learned the second one had a Sizzler commercial reference.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Does Ghostbusters 2 not exist?
Actually I know the answer. No, no it doesn't.