shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:19 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 359, 360, 361, 362, 363
 Post subject: Re: Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm 

Well, this is huge. For the longest time did I crave a PSX arcade stick that is any good (to play the Baraduke port with it first and foremost, but then countless appropriate games on devices I've got trusty adapters for), but an operational PSX arcade stick in this day and age is going to be second-hand, obviously, and a second-hand arcade stick... Long story short, third time's the charm. First game I happened to play with it was Hydorah 1.1 and, ho boy, what a fun way to play that was it. I haven't been this hooked on a shmup for years. Next candidate is either Gradius V, Raiden III or... Psyvariar - Complete Edition -? You get the picture.

Look, does this windshield of Master Chief's refllects the same, orange-brown sky all the time? Why could that be, story-wise? Don't asnwer in detail, I'm just curious if there's any explanation given by the canon writings.
This is my eating humble pie for talking shit about this game (PC port in particular) in my younger, angrier days. Not awful by any means, it's at least serviceable, the port is anyways.

Another haul of supermarket chain store's bargain bin cheap CD finds.

Spoiler: show

Did both bands alwas have GLAMOROUS album covers. Did you know it was also a girl of a model on Avalon's, under that helmet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:40 am 

I have that stick. I like it quite a bit. Microswitched too. I made the mistake of trying to use it with Ghouls 'N Ghosts, though. Diagonals make Arthur stop in his tracks. Too bad the game doesn't have an option to turn diagonals off like with the MD port (controls fine with pad, though).

Finally got around to buying these:

Enjoying the games so far. Had to change the locale to JP temporarily to properly install them, but I was able to install all three. ESD was the most stubborn one, though it runs fine with a frame limiter turned off on the comp with G-Sync on a Freesync monitor (actually, it seemed to be running at 60, but detects 143 Hz with V-Sync off). On the laptop with its 144Hz monitor, it initially ran at 1000FPS, but a DX8 to DX9 file did the trick. Nvidia settings didn't seem to have any effect on the game.

I also went a bit Touhou crazy. Bought most of the steam games (so far, out of the steam ones, enjoying Mountain of Faith, Double Spoiler, and Fairy Wars the most) and Phantasmagoria of Flower View off Amazon, as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:24 am 

My old Saturn is lost somewhere in Japan and I may never see it again. So I bit the bullet and jumped back in with a new HST-0001, feels good to be back. Ordered two copies of Macross by accident:

More on the way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:50 pm 

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:29 am 

Great appreciation of those SMT PS2 games, hella bouncy, maps & dungeons-wise.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:12 pm 

That is the craziest PSX arcade stick I've seen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:24 pm 

Sega Dreamcast - Mode

I decided to give the TerraOnion Mode a shot in my Dreamcast - the dreamcast on a system I like very much but have always thought it was really noisy . Its nice to play games without hearing all the noisy laser sound . All in all I am happy with it . Its a quick swap to put the working laser back in the system .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:50 am 

Just SMB 1,2J, ball, and a clock (but no alarm), but the d-pad is excellent and game response feels dead on. Buttons are pretty much G&W rubber buttons, which work well and feel true to the original handhelds. Some nice bells and whistles, as well. It also adds the ability to choose from hard and normal modes after beating SMB1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm 

Looks pretty cute.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:05 am 

I just got Raiden Fighters Aces on the Xbox 360, & it's a great compilation of the Raiden Fighters games. Raiden Fighters 2 was my childhood!! The case was
damaged a bit though, but who cares. I also got Paul Oakenfold's Tranceport and Enigma's The Fall of a Rebel Angel, and both of them are awesome albums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm 

Black Friday haul:

My friend's a huge SW fan and said Squadrons is good(and has fleet battles!). I only got Spidey for Black Cat action, and Persona 2 is pretty okay I guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:07 pm 

Picked this up on release day last week. It's good!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 359, 360, 361, 362, 363