Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Sengoku Strider

Re: Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

Post by Sengoku Strider »

My old Saturn is lost somewhere in Japan and I may never see it again. So I bit the bullet and jumped back in with a new HST-0001, feels good to be back. Ordered two copies of Macross by accident:

More on the way.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Great appreciation of those SMT PS2 games, hella bouncy, maps & dungeons-wise.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

war3zlod3r

Post by war3zlod3r »

That is the craziest PSX arcade stick I've seen
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

Sega Dreamcast - Mode

I decided to give the TerraOnion Mode a shot in my Dreamcast - the dreamcast on a system I like very much but have always thought it was really noisy . Its nice to play games without hearing all the noisy laser sound . All in all I am happy with it . Its a quick swap to put the working laser back in the system .
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Just SMB 1,2J, ball, and a clock (but no alarm), but the d-pad is excellent and game response feels dead on. Buttons are pretty much G&W rubber buttons, which work well and feel true to the original handhelds. Some nice bells and whistles, as well. It also adds the ability to choose from hard and normal modes after beating SMB1.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Looks pretty cute.
Dawn111

Post by Dawn111 »

I just got Raiden Fighters Aces on the Xbox 360, & it's a great compilation of the Raiden Fighters games. Raiden Fighters 2 was my childhood!! The case was
damaged a bit though, but who cares. I also got Paul Oakenfold's Tranceport and Enigma's The Fall of a Rebel Angel, and both of them are awesome albums.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://youtube.com/DawnHibiki
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Black Friday haul:

My friend's a huge SW fan and said Squadrons is good(and has fleet battles!). I only got Spidey for Black Cat action, and Persona 2 is pretty okay I guess.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

Picked this up on release day last week. It's good!

My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
Blackfielding

Post by Blackfielding »

The pother day I decided to get some EOS. I believe that in the long run it will bring good profit.
Last edited by Blackfielding on Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I've bought quite a few kickass 1st press '80s metal vinyls in the last 2 months (maybe I'll list them in another post).

But I gotta say, I damn near had a heart attack when I found this locally for cheap.

-FM Synth & Black Metal-
CIT

Post by CIT »

Magician Lord OST from Wayo Records.

One of my all-time favorite VGMs!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Beautiful sleeve illustration! That's the best depiction I've seen of Elta, his in-game pic doesn't quite get the insouciant warrior mage thing. :smile:
CIT

Post by CIT »

Yeah, the new ML artwork is basically the "I've been practicing this game for two weeks straight" Elta.

While classic ML art is more like the "after ten tries I still can't figure out the stage 1 skeleton pattern derpdy derp" Elta. :lol:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I have seen that before I think..

What's it do again?
My lord, I have come for you.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Stevens wrote:I have seen that before I think..

What's it do again?
Multi-console/computer FPGA hardware simulator. Wide range of systems from c64 to NeoGeo. TG-16/PC Engine core FTW! Some cores are better than others, though. Was disappointed that the Centipede core has incorrect colors and doesn't support mouse/trackball. I also like how the system has 1000Hz polling for wired controllers.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Very cool. Enjoy it.
My lord, I have come for you.
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

New mouse acquired! Last time I bought a new mouse that wasn't just a small cheap one for a laptop/netbook was in Japan, summer of 2007. Now I finally have a scroll wheel that works again and a left mouse button that isn't super fucky.
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Cuisinart Digital Airfryer (Christmas Gift):

Airfryer is marketing speak for convection oven, and I've been wanting a convection oven for years because for many items it's that missing difference between restaurant-quality and home-oven-quality.

I just took it through an un-glamorous maiden voyage with a box of Annie's pizza rolls on the frozen food setting. Night and day difference from the oven, they didn't come out limp and moist, they were crisp, the flavor was superior, and it took way less time.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Damn, that thing looks perfect for soldering SMD components.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Picked up one of those single-player Pandora Box things. Actually pleasantly surprised, I'd heard a bunch of horror stories, but the stick and buttons are actually really nice (certainly on par with the Neo ASP I own), and although the game list is filled with a bunch of duplicates, there's still a good 1000+ titles. Handy for test-driving any future AA releases.

My Astro City mini also landed, though I'm somewhat bummed to find out it only works with the dedicated pad. The on-controls are actually decent-ish, but for huge hands like mine it's still pretty cramped. Death Adder seems nice though.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Marc wrote:My Astro City mini also landed, though I'm somewhat bummed to find out it only works with the dedicated pad. The on-controls are actually decent-ish, but for huge hands like mine it's still pretty cramped.
Not entirely accurate, it also works with the Megadrive Mini controller IF it's the six-button one. Some Youtube video said it worked with their JP Mini's controller, and I just tested my Asian-version Mini's controller which also works.

Now that we're on topic, one thing I really appreciate about the Astro City Mini was that the devs had the foresight to map autofire on one of the extra buttons on the controller, on the games where it makes sense with the button that makes sense. Good stuff. I'm still going through the games and just messing around to see which ones I want to dedicate more time to.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Marc

Post by Marc »

Ah, my MD is the UK version, tried it just in case but no go. Shame. Gonne be an expensive toy by the time I pick up the pad, but I need Rad Mobile and Death Adder on the TV.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

My old phone was acting up, so I got a Moto G8 Power. Nothing super high-end, but very good for the price.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

It is lovely. I can't get enough of these job site radios & boomboxes yet. Been doing some serious boomboxin' with them on Saturdays & nightshifts at work lately.

Couldn't be bothered unboxing it for nearly two months, and since unboxed, I've used it almost exclusively as a portable radio. Watched an anime opening on YouTube earlier on using it for the sake of trying it out, and that was my deal's worth of smartphonisation so far. The very idea of taking internet with me everywhere I go - freakin' bizarre, to me. Internet as I know it is not THAT interesting anymore.

Spoiler
Spoiler
This is the first time I find CDs released in a cardboard sleeve scratched (very mildly, I have to admit, but for a fully priced item - it is a disappointment). It seems A.D. 2001 they still had yet to discover the optimal shape of those sleeves, or had yet to instruct their workforce how to handle them properly (I can do better, so the sleeve stays as a container in my collection). I can't overstate how much safer buys cardboard-packaged optical disks typically are, these days.
The way out is cut off

PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

BrianC wrote:Image

Just SMB 1,2J, ball, and a clock (but no alarm), but the d-pad is excellent and game response feels dead on. Buttons are pretty much G&W rubber buttons, which work well and feel true to the original handhelds. Some nice bells and whistles, as well. It also adds the ability to choose from hard and normal modes after beating SMB1.
I like how you can pause a gaming session of SMB1 or SMB2 & power it down for the night. Upon powering it back up, you can resume where you last off. How cool is that? Plus if you don't touch the controls for a specified time, the G&W handheld will turn itself off to conserve the internal 3.7v lipo battery. Pretty slick piece of portable gaming handheld tech indeed.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Spoiler
This is one of my buys out of my failure to download any half-decent "backup" of it. When I got to search for a CD, an LP appeared much easier to get hold of, not even massively expensive, but I SO wanted just a CD. And here it is.
Reminds me of Red House Painters in a way (I realise that Wipers are The Daddy, chronologically, in this case).
The way out is cut off

Blackfielding

Post by Blackfielding »

My friends and I pitched in and bought a trip to the North Pole to see the Northern Lights. It has been my childhood dream to see this magic happening. Still I can't explain this phenomenon in terms of physics but nevertheless I hope to see it in 2 weeks myself :D