Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
cj iwakura

Re: Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

Post by cj iwakura »

guigui wrote:Found a copy of the T-30810G version of Shutsudou Minisuka Police for the Sega Saturn.
Of course this is a japanese game where you complete minigames, in order to have female police officers to somehow undress, or make nice things for you.

Once again, this standard version in single CD case is way rarer than the limited version of the game (cardboard, double CD case, figurine). Took me more than 2 years of checking ebay and YAJ daily to get this one.
I missed one on YAJ in 2020, was surprised to see it go for more than $450 (with spine and reg card). This one popped out on ebay march 2021 and went underradar, got it in the $30 range (no spine card though).

Working Designs chose Dragon Force over this? Tsk tsk. :lol:
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Marc

Post by Marc »

I just bought myself some Transformers do decorate my setup with.
War For Cybertron Ultra Magnus, and Generations Movie Scourge. This shit is a lot more impressive that the ones I grew up with.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

R-Type Final 2!
Spoiler
Unfortunately the Fedex guy dropped the package off at 10 PM so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to actually play it.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Sweeet. I have a lot of good memories playing R-type TG-16 with my best buddy. Will def check this one out.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

vol.2 wrote:Sweeet. I have a lot of good memories playing R-type TG-16 with my best buddy. Will def check this one out.
I've had Final for years but still haven't had a chance to play it - no PS2 here.

PCE has a decent port of it, and I quite like the SMS port.

R-Type3 and Delta are faves of mine too.
More Bromances = safer people
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Latest new toy: a Prusa Mini+. I've only had it for about a month (and have only been able to use it a few times) but so far it's been great, and has already made more successful prints than I've ever gotten out of the Ender 3 sitting next to it.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

^^^ cool. I will get one at some point. I do a lot of 3D printing for work, so I'm kind of spoiled with the quality I get from sending the jobs out to places with the big machines.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Snagged one of the Evercade VS founder's packages. Lots of nice extras in there - 2 pads, keyring, art cards, poster, six carts. Just like the idea of having a nice, cart-based machine, especially at the price the carts go for.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

GUNDAM RX-78-2, Bandai 2008
Spoiler
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Had a convenient coincidence when two games I had purchased several weeks apart arrived at the post office on the same day.

No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Blackfielding

Post by Blackfielding »

Read here about one dependable tool to predict price and decided to dive into investing. Ordered on Amazon several books about that.
Last edited by Blackfielding on Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KayBur

Post by KayBur »

I finally ordered surveillance cameras. Not that we have a criminal area, but security will not hurt. I chose cameras from Firstrend, here https://homemakerguide.com/best-outdoor ... -with-dvr/ there is their description. No photo yet, I'm still waiting for my package.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Decades in the making, Sailor Stars finally got an official release:

And the rest of the fam(with soon to be retired bootleg):
supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

KayBur

Post by KayBur »

cj iwakura wrote:Decades in the making, Sailor Stars finally got an official release:

And the rest of the fam(with soon to be retired bootleg):
As a child, I adored Sailor Moon! I saw a photo of your CDs and I was overwhelmed with nostalgia. In childhood, everything was so simple and understandable that now I really want to go back 15-20 years ago.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I'm out of new idea for JP Sega Saturn collecting, so instead I make the Gundam Side Story stupid collection grow...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ya4H9HN1rnZFp86z6

Please help me.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Picked up an Evercade Premium Pack. Neat little handheld, figured I may as well get one for when the home version lands with me.
Thrown an order in for Cotton Reboot, the new Mario Golf, and tacked Team Sonic Racing on the end for my Sonic-obsessed 6-year old daughter.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

How is the Intellivision coming along for you @Marc? Are you starting to get worried?

I warned you there was red flags all over this thing hehehe
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Marc

Post by Marc »

FinalBaton wrote:How is the Intellivision coming along for you @Marc? Are you starting to get worried?

I warned you there was red flags all over this thing hehehe
Honestly, my eyes are wide open. The Astrosmash, Cloudy Mountain and Night Stalker updates look cool, my Dad will play Biplanes with me, and I'll end up picking up the new Earthworm Jim. Other than that..... Oh, wait, there was a Data East logo on the E3 presentation. That's.... something, I guess? Not that DE ports are in short supply.
I pre-ordered the Evercade VS Founder Edition, and with the six included carts alone (including one of, wait, Data East ports!), it's far better value than the Amico ever will be. Not to mention that multi-cart titles go for £15 a throw. You know when you're fully aware you're making a massive mistake, but you're going to do it anyway, even though it's two-thirds of the cost of the Series X I'd really like.......? Yeah, that.

I'll see you back here in 12 months, when I've enjoyed two or three of the games that actually release for it and support has all but dried up, and we can all have a good laugh about it. In the meanwhile, I'll keep it nice and shiny, and can only hope it goes the same way as the Jaguar - where excess units dropped to around £30 six months after release, but for some reason brought a more than reasonable sum when I sold it on last year.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Since you've pledged money on it and probably can't get refund, I really do hope you get it and that it has at least a couple fun fully-fonctioning games and a low-lag system and half-decent controller.

But man I'm worried you won't get a good product. they really are the epitome of non-professional. pushed back 3 times already, no finished games, no exclusive games, no finished hardware, Tommy lying like he breathes and acting like a pure sociopath(intimidating reviewers)... this is not looking good.

Here's hoping for the best

In comparison the Evercade looks a lot better (it's out and it's playable and has games)
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Marc

Post by Marc »

FinalBaton wrote:Since you've pledged money on it and probably can't get refund, I really do hope you get it and that it has at least a couple fun fully-fonctioning games and a low-lag system and half-decent controller.

But man I'm worried you won't get a good product. they really are the epitome of non-professional. pushed back 3 times already, no finished games, no exclusive games, no finished hardware, Tommy lying like he breathes and acting like a pure sociopath(intimidating reviewers)... this is not looking good.

Here's hoping for the best

In comparison the Evercade looks a lot better (it's out and it's playable and has games)
I'd only argue one point there - a good number of its games are currently exclusives, pretty much all the ones I'm interested in actually. I can see EWJ ending up ported when the machine flops to recoup some costs though.I thought they'd ironed out the lag and the hardware was pretty much done now? I'm not aware of this stuff with Tallarico though, will have to have a browse on the internet - though there are some pretty, erm.... 'passionate' shall we say, fans that don't want to hear a single word of concern or complaint. Quite an odd bunch. I actually had an XSX in my cart on Amazon today and was trying to tell myself how damn stupid I'm being, but.... yeah, I held off :oops:
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I hope there's gonna be exclusives. From what I've seen, a bunch of the 'exclusives' are reskinned games and mobile/web games with a different name. But maybe I got the info wrong

I did hear they acquired some IP though. Maybe thet'll make games for 'em. But probably not ready at launch
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

My classic horror movies figures collection, recently finished and finally in the display case

Marc

Post by Marc »

Damn, that awesome, nice collection!
guigui

Post by guigui »

Great setup !

I just learned a new acronym, and I think it is time to use it : what is the WAF all of those figurines ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
cvaniafan

Post by cvaniafan »

Marc wrote:Damn, that awesome, nice collection!
Thanks
guigui wrote:what is the WAF all of those figurines ?

:?: connais pas cet acronym
_rm_

Post by _rm_ »

cvaniafan wrote:
guigui wrote:what is the WAF all of those figurines ?

:?: connais pas cet acronym

WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Gorgeous setup, but that surge protector scares me. :lol: I hope it's a tank.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Looks like a regular power strip to me. I'm not sure a few sets of LED lights really qualify for a surge protector? :D
Marc

Post by Marc »

FinalBaton wrote:I hope there's gonna be exclusives. From what I've seen, a bunch of the 'exclusives' are reskinned games and mobile/web games with a different name. But maybe I got the info wrong

I did hear they acquired some IP though. Maybe thet'll make games for 'em. But probably not ready at launch
So, I did a bit of reading and decided to ask a few questions on the FB 'Intellivision Amico and gaming community' page. My word, they're a sensitive bunch. I've crossed the line into outright trolling now and expect a ban very soon :D After looking at the E3 presentation properly - pre-order cancelled. I'll pick one up for £50-£100 at Christmas when Amazon realise they've a warehouse full of machines that nobody has ever heard of that they can't sell on. That's if it lands in October - I'd say that's very much in doubt now.

Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain do look cool though.