Diablo 3

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
ancestral-knowledge

Re: Diablo 3

Post by ancestral-knowledge »

well i'm playing with some really good friends since day 1...

sold 1 big weapon i found on ebay for about 500 EUR and several amulets rings and all that shit with attack speed in the RMAH before the nerf... lol'ing big time...

the game itself is rather mediocre... stuck in middle of act 3
powersoul

Post by powersoul »

I just dont get how people are willing to shell out 250usd for remotely good set items even today. I only had a guess to the reason, they sold enough shit and decided not to withdraw them into their own accounts, but continue using the funds as "diablo money". It is as if the money doesnt exist and is lost on bnet...
This is my signature. It's so unique, nobody else has it.

Get the picture?
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

I'm wondering why people even still play this. You see people saying, I don't enjoy it but I make money from it so i can't complain.

Why even bother wasting your time playing a game you don't enjoy? The small chump change really worth wasting your life on something that's a chore to you?
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Playing games like Diablo can be a compulsive behaviour rather than fun. Better than trichotillomania I guess.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I've actually reinstalled and started playing again recently, mostly for lack of much else to do. Still trying to retool my monk's gear on a very limited budget (still having no luck with selling in the AH, pretty much going on in-game income at this point, but getting decent at grabbing bargains.) With the attack speed nerfs, the big focuses for monks now seem to be critical damage and combo all resist/ other resist gear (the monk has a passive that applies the value of their highest resist to all of the resists) and a late game Inferno monk seems to be expected to have something llife 800 in all resists, which would be impossible for most classes to do. Monks have kind of fallen into a situation where there is pretty much one feasible build for inferno, but that tends to happen anyway when enough spreadsheet junkies get into the act.

At this point I can take on most elites in Act 1 inferno as long as they aren't too overpowered, and was able to take out the Butcher with 5 NV... And then promptly hit a brick wall at the start of act 2. Doing better than I expected on Income, you can still get decent drops once you get stacked NV going. Still not the millions needed for the high power gear, but enough to get by.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
powersoul

Post by powersoul »

I gained 100k on nightmare in a few hours by just doing chiltara runs. its not an achievement, but mainly due to that bitch being too rare

Get the picture?
ancestral-knowledge

Post by ancestral-knowledge »

100k on nightmare in a few hours ...

that's not good... don't do that... it's not efficient ... you'll wear yourself out...
powersoul

Post by powersoul »

Well I got that thing to spawn after a few nights of hunt (and helping a lower levelled friend), so im like done. Thank god, im sick of that map already.

Get the picture?
Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

rhaaaa chiltara
did the run prob 30 times before he spawns.
and of course after that he spawed every single time :roll:

monks are currently the new hot farming spot with exploding palm trick to farm packs.
the trick works with all char but exploding palms makes it incredibly easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECBxuy8P ... e=youtu.be

about gear it has been shown in many videos that you can beat the game with less than a million,some did with 200k gear.
kripparian reached act 3 yesterday i think with 440k gear and not upgrading on his way.
that just contradict all the "barbs need 250M gear to be good".
its really fun trying to budget your char and with new drop rates its really easy to find upgrades and neglecting completely AH.
powersoul

Post by powersoul »

I just read a short post from the blues about discussion with MF gear swapping. A hundred dollars says a nerf is upcoming for MF. I mean, why aren't we surprised anymore?

Get the picture?
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It'll probably be some dumbass MF gear equip screen that'd apply to anything you kill...

Why they just didn't use "lucky charms" as equipment slots, for a variety of Item Find (Unique Find, Axe Find, Gold Find, Total Items Dropped Find, Gem Find, Rune Find) I have no idea. After a few years of playing the genre, you'd have ideas like that, especially after realizing how much it sucks swapping to MF gear.

MF shouldn't be designed to appear on combat gear slots, in freaking general.
PSX Vita: Slightly more popular than Color TV-Game system. Almost as successful as the Wii U.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Hahahha.

Okay never mind I read their proposed ideas for "solutions". Disregard all I said.

I was thinking like a person and not a Blizzard.
PSX Vita: Slightly more popular than Color TV-Game system. Almost as successful as the Wii U.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Anyone here still playing the game? Might want to change your Battle.net password.
This week, our security team found an unauthorized and illegal access into our internal network here at Blizzard. We quickly took steps to close off this access and began working with law enforcement and security experts to investigate what happened.

(...)

Some data was illegally accessed, including a list of email addresses for global Battle.net users, outside of China. For players on North American servers (which generally includes players from North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia) the answer to the personal security question, and information relating to Mobile and Dial-In Authenticators were also accessed. Based on what we currently know, this information alone is NOT enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts.

(...)

As a precaution, however, we recommend that players on North American servers change their password. Please click this link to change your password. Moreover, if you have used the same or similar passwords for other purposes, you may want to consider changing those passwords as well.
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

I still play on a daily basis but the overall player base has dropped off a cliff.
I constantly bounce back and forth between characters. With the exception of my Monk (42), all
the character are 55+. The WD is my most powerful character. Act 2 inferno, not having many problems.
He's also the most difficult to play.

I have very little respect for blizzard anymore. allowed greed to blind side them and pushed out a shit game.
# of players left remaining reflects it. weren't there threatened law suits from various countries (France, Germany)?
Last time I was so excited about a game prior to release was D2. Can't say I've been so dissappointed. :(
drauch

Post by drauch »

My thoughts exactly man.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Ex-Cyber

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Ruldra wrote:Anyone here still playing the game? Might want to change your security question/answer on every site.
Fixed.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

rapoon wrote:# of players left remaining reflects it... Can't say I've been so dissappointed. :(
The population isn't any great mystery - they built a six hour long hamster tunnel that plays itself, looped it a few extra times, and called it a day. With the advertising and word of mouth to squeeze all the blood out of this stone right off the back, it's no surprise the peak of the population curve was the first month.

Hellgate: London was a fantastic example of flagshipping; it's one thing to make a crappy game, but to keep crap in it like the feed system when it was an obvious turd they could have gotten rid of in a couple seconds... there was no excuse.

Ironically, I feel more like I want to play Hellgate again than buying Diablo 3, ever.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

and the oddity is so many incredible ppl from Bliz N worked on Hellgate (day 1 for me. loved it for 2 weeks...). then you got some, but most ppl at bliz who didn't work on d2 and churned out a steamy pile of shit this round. example of the wonderful synergy they had with one another and how weak they are solo.
1.4 is coming to d3 soon. d3 is slowly leaning towards d2: gameplay mechanics, difficulty ramping, drop rate, attributes associated with items, double roles on items (the initial drop then indentification), etc. we'll see. D2 should have been a model to strive towards, not an example of what not to do. fuck man, i could go on for hours. it's my fav franchise. such a fuckup on blizzards part.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Public service announcement: Hellgate had box mattresses, that were stained with pee.

Diablo 3:

I'm not remotely surprised to hear they didn't have a design document. It's like, man, even the shitty Ti-Basic games I made in high school had some documentation and planning ahead of time. Christ.

Contrast: The Path of Exile guys have a very fleshed out roadmap of what their game is supposed to be. You see an extreme amount of efficiency in it with skill reuse: see the new Lightning Orb and Thunderstorm skills the boss uses? Almost certainly going to be for players too eventually.

So anyway, just such a luxurious, wasteful use of resources, is the Blizzard development process.

I occasionally google up their forums to see how steep the hatorade is. I know forums by their very nature are angry unhappy gutters of sad, but man. Seems like only 10% of their customers were satisfied with this game.

My one regret is I don't know another language so I can hear people bitch about it from another culture's POV.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Diablo Mobile announced at Blizzcon.

While watching the video of the game, I kept thinking, is this what Diablo is now?

I don't care about the platform or microtransactions - it's just so... empty and void of new ideas. Same six freaking classes we've had since 2000. When the competition is all over the place, bursting with creativity. Lost Ark, Wolcen, Dragalia Lost.... all of them are a bit more than "Diablo 3, but with tappy slidey controls".
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Fun fact, Blizzard isn't developing this game. It was outsourced to NetEase, a chinese mobile company.

Fun fact 2, it's just a reskinned copy of other NetEase games. Look at this and this.

Blizzard deserve all the hate they're getting right now.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

It takes a divine level of incompetence and cosmic unawareness to deliver an announcement so baffling and ridiculous that it has your legendarily fervent legion of fanboys skip the Denial phase entirely and go straight to Jail.
This announcement is about as clear you can get that what you loved is completely dead now and there's no hope of that level of glory ever being reached, which is only made worse in hindsight that the telltale signs were blindingly obvious.

If the Chinese encroachment on the AAA gaming market won't be what makes the frog jump out of the boiling pot, then nothing will.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I stopped caring about Diablo the day D3 was released, but seeing the retaliation to this warms my heart.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Sumez wrote:I stopped caring about Diablo the day D3 was released, but seeing the retaliation to this warms my heart.
I stopped caring about Diablo when I sold my PC in, like, 1997. Had the best time with Diablo 1 on it.

Have not read anything on the series since, but just bought D3 for the Switch. Started a run and having fun with it for now. Cartoonish sprites are a bit surprising at first, but I do not really care about them. Gameplay looks faster and more centered around hitting hard and fast.
What is the general consensus on D3 ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Personally I think D3 just stinks of soulless cashgrabs. But if you skipped D2 I get that it's easy to imagine that this was just the direction the series had been headed all the time. I guess D3 isn't really bad, I just found it super uninteresting.

D2, however, is amazing.

I've replayed D2 over and over again with a group of friends who just have fun blasting through it, experimenting with different classes, and grabbing all the gear you find along the way. The atmosphere of that game is just perfect, IMO, and very far removed from D3.
The day D3 was released, we all got together to play it through, and by the time we were done it felt like we all just collectively shrugged our shoulders, and less than a year later we picked up D2 again for another run.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I always thought of Diablo 1 more of a single player game, with 2 being built for multiplayer. I think 2 was a step back in some ways. (Town NPCs, art, and oh my god are the monster designs terrible.)
guigui wrote:What is the general consensus on D3 ?
I'd say it was fine to great for those superficially into Diablo, but mediocre to bad for those heavily invested into the original games.

My personal experience from the demo was that I always had a massive headache after a couple hours of play. The flashing text everywhere all the time has to have triggered some epilepsy, but for me the metal-scrapping-metal sound effect of every single attack was probably what did it.

The aesthetic preferences of the grognards probably trends closer to reality than outright fantasy. There was always a bit of embellishment, but the stuff characters wore actually resembled something an actual human would wear.

There wasn't this extreme sexual fetishization of having gigantic pauldrons cover everything up. Other pieces of armor, that actually fit together on a body? Gorgets????! Fuck gorgets. Our characters don't have any necks anyway.

Here are some leaves on this shaman. That's all they need. Jungle-dwelling people would never wear metal in this situation even if it would be realistic and pragmatic!

Also we're gonna name our town after the same town that spawned the lord of all evil where everybody died or got eaten. Seems like it'll help rub off some of the luck they had onto us.

<- I'm the same guy who was making fun of people prior to release who were complaining about colors. Colors are fine, they exist in real life too. Giant lego block buildings don't.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Sumez wrote: I've replayed D2 over and over again with a group of friends who just have fun blasting through it, experimenting with different classes, and grabbing all the gear you find along the way. The atmosphere of that game is just perfect, IMO, and very far removed from D3.
The day D3 was released, we all got together to play it through, and by the time we were done it felt like we all just collectively shrugged our shoulders, and less than a year later we picked up D2 again for another run.
Same. I think I've played it almost every year since it came out. Big part of it for me has always been the atmosphere. D3 has a lot of stuff I don't like, but it feels like Candyland in comparison. Especially since one of the first bosses is a moth lady or whatever.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Definitely steering clear of this one, except when the inevitable lack of sales occurs when I will happily sit there and watch lots of videos tearing the game apart.

It's totally not going to be a micro-transactioned pay to win piece of trash.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

one of the first bosses is a moth lady
Why you dissin' moth ladys?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

There are Diablo fans on this board? Hello. Welcome to how Command & Conquer fans feel.