Officially Impressed *Castlevania DS*

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The biggest thing going against creating a new traditional CV game is the fact that it won't sell nearly as well as a Metroid-clone. In this day and age everyone wants more game for their buck and a straight-up side-scroller that can be beaten in an hour isn't going to be nearly as appealing as a game from the same series that promises 15-20 hours of gameplay. Not that this is how it should be, but it's reality. Konami already has taken the series past the point of no return with SotN, now you can only hope from here that they take the series down an innovative path to keep it interesting and preserve its longevity.
Shapermc

Post by Shapermc »

The 3D CV games are a far cry from either Metroid 2D or 3D games. It did not sell well because it is not a good game.
Once the great legend of the joystick master, I am now a ronin floating the boards hoping to strike with a post.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Actually, LoI had a number of characteristics of SotN, and the recently announced CV for PS2 looks even more like SotN in 3D.
99pence

Post by 99pence »

If this was coming out on PS2 or GameCube I'd be pretty exicted right now. Shame.
"When we were talking to one of the executives at the BBC. And he said, 'Now hold on, this man is so incompetent why wouldn't he be fired?' and I said 'Go and take a look around this building. Just go and knock on a few doors.'" - Ricky Gervais