Public accesss Television

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
thesuperkillerxxx

Public accesss Television

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

alright you guys this is it

1 hour of public access tv cost 50 bucks

what replay should i feature?????

I will get a recording of the show and post it for you MOFO's!!!!

I did not realize Public access TV as so friggin' cheap.

NOW THE QUESTION????

As shmup fans, what game replays should I feature? Mind you this is smal town America, and most of them are not ready for shmups, but I want to force some shit like battle garegga the madness on these people.

Suggestions???:??
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou should be an obvious one. Also, Ikaruga, Gunbird 2, Mars Matrix.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Ikaruga man!

Prettiness mainstreamers desire as well as great (but apparently scary) music.

VTF double plays man...one guy, two controllers
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

That's gonna be great. There's gonna be a lot of wide-eyed folks once they see the bullet spams.

Sorry to hijack your thread for a little, but I toyed with the idea of doing that before, since there's all kinds of stuff on public access here. Just a couple days ago, someone did a video of "jungle combat" in their backyard, using a GI JOE walking through the grass, complete with helicopter blade noises, and machine gun fire. I thought it would be a great idea to use that as an opening intro, then have the action figure hop into a model airplane, then show a replay of Strikers.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

Maybe something that doesn't need them to TATE? I know they'll either bitch about blood unbalance in their heads or the fugly black borders. I mean no offense--just stating an opinion, no torches, please, TSKXXX et al.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
incognoscente

Post by incognoscente »

A partial Gradius V play?
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Radiant Silvergun, Souky, Giga Wing, , Mars Matrix, GW2. No tate for those verts.

Parodius, man. Parodius. People need to see that shit.
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

RSG, definitely. Put a replay of Stage 6 Saturn Mode on there. And how about a bit of Progear? If screen tilting is the issue, that'd be a great one to do. I've never even seen Souky, so that would probably be nice.
Andi

Post by Andi »

There is a show that comes on Public Access in Chicago sometimes called "The Measuring Show". It consists of a blank white screen. Every couple minutes or so, a hand will come on and lay a ruler across the screen horizontally and measure it's width in inches. Then the hand will pick up the ruler and leave you with a white screen. Secretly during this time the cameraman will zoom in or out, so when the hand comes on the screen again and measures, it will magically get a different measurement.

You guys should strive for some genius like that.
vek

Post by vek »

Andi wrote:There is a show that comes on Public Access in Chicago sometimes called "The Measuring Show". It consists of a blank white screen. Every couple minutes or so, a hand will come on and lay a ruler across the screen horizontally and measure it's width in inches. Then the hand will pick up the ruler and leave you with a white screen. Secretly during this time the cameraman will zoom in or out, so when the hand comes on the screen again and measures, it will magically get a different measurement.

that sounds like the best thing ever.
Andi

Post by Andi »

vek wrote:that sounds like the best thing ever.
The only thing that stops it from being the best thing ever is that I didn't think of it.

I'm terribly jealous.
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

The borders won't be an issue I believe. all I would have to do is put game info, gameplay rules, boss info...

Example:

battle garegga, you can explain why the game is so hard, dynamic difficulty, Music facts crap like that.

I also was thinking of highlighting some of thos crazy myamoto vids the super mario 3 one and other crazzy shit like that.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

OmegaFlareX wrote:Parodius, man. Parodius. People need to see that shit.
Hee hee, that'd be a hoot...some poor unsuspecting schmo is channel surfing lazily, and then all of a sudden on comes a bunnygirl straddling a rocket, attempting to kill a giant panda in a tutu with a duck growing out of its head...methinks it'd be even funnier if you splice the game footage with something else, a fishing show or something really pedestrian like that, so that when people are watching the channel they wonder whether they're really seeing what they're seeing. :mrgreen:
landshark

Post by landshark »

Andi wrote:There is a show that comes on Public Access in Chicago sometimes called "The Measuring Show". It consists of a blank white screen. Every couple minutes or so, a hand will come on and lay a ruler across the screen horizontally and measure it's width in inches. Then the hand will pick up the ruler and leave you with a white screen. Secretly during this time the cameraman will zoom in or out, so when the hand comes on the screen again and measures, it will magically get a different measurement.

I must not be close enough to Chicago to see this. Schaumburg area...
Reiki

Post by Reiki »

BulletMagnet wrote:
OmegaFlareX wrote:Parodius, man. Parodius. People need to see that shit.
Hee hee, that'd be a hoot...some poor unsuspecting schmo is channel surfing lazily, and then all of a sudden on comes a bunnygirl straddling a rocket, attempting to kill a giant panda in a tutu with a duck growing out of its head...methinks it'd be even funnier if you splice the game footage with something else, a fishing show or something really pedestrian like that, so that when people are watching the channel they wonder whether they're really seeing what they're seeing. :mrgreen:
Imagine how they'd take to something like Cho Aniki then.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Methinks they might hafta put a "Parental Advisory" warning on that one, heh heh. In Parodius's case, about the only warning applicable for most of it might be "Viewing this game may serve as a viable substitute for mind-altering drugs, and may lessen dependence on actual substances. If you would prefer to remain addicted to said substances, please refrain from experiencing the following." :mrgreen:
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

thesuperkillerxxx wrote:I also was thinking of highlighting some of thos crazy myamoto vids the super mario 3 one and other crazzy shit like that.
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/nesvideos/

Hours upon hours of crazy tool-assisted entertainment.
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

How about making a real show about videogames (not only shmups, but everything "non-mainstream"), with short reviews, comments about the industry ("EA suxx0rz" and stuff), yadda yadda.