Treasure: New DS Game Countdown: Bangai-O Spirits

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Leroy

Treasure: New DS Game Countdown: Bangai-O Spirits

Post by Leroy »

Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Judging by the size of the words contained on that page, this game shall rock.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Cool - is this Treasure's debut on Nintendo's little money printer?
X - P - B
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Hmmm, published by esp could mean that this is a "true" and original Treasure game and not some licenced stuff. Silhouette, Silvergun, Bangai, and Ikaruga were all published by esp...
Contra 4, Ketsui and now a new Treasure game :D
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Turrican wrote:Cool - is this Treasure's debut on Nintendo's little money printer?
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Turrican wrote:Cool - is this Treasure's debut on Nintendo's little money printer?
Actually, they have two Bleach themed fighting games on DS.
Last edited by Zebra Airforce on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

PLEASE BE A SHMUP (or Alien Soldier sequel).
THE BULLETS ARE NOW DIAMONDS!
MX7

Post by MX7 »

FrederikJurk wrote:Alien Soldier sequel.
Fuck yeah!
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Project RSG 3.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I'm hoping it won't be a sequel. Gunstar Super Heroes was a bit disappointing. A shump would be awesome, but I wouldn't mind a 2D blast a thon/action game either.
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

WHAT???
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

I'm excited about gaming again after a long time. Ketui, Contra 4, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, and now a new Treasure game. If we could just get Castlevania 1999 and MM:Maverick Hunter X2...
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
MX7

Post by MX7 »

EOJ wrote:Project RSG 3.
I lol'd, but the more I look at it, the more that countdown looks like the countdown to somthing really special...

Of course, if it's Bleach 3, i'm going to scream :lol:
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Bangai-O 2, BANGAI-O 2!!!! BANGAI-O 2!!!!11!!!!
Trek trough the Galaxy on silver wings and play football online.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Freak Out DS, Freak Out DS, Freak Out DS!

:wink:
cody

Post by cody »

Bal-Sagoth wrote:Freak Out DS, Freak Out DS, Freak Out DS!

:wink:
Light Crusader DS. You heard it here first.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure DS 8)
Trek trough the Galaxy on silver wings and play football online.
RyanDG

Post by RyanDG »

Nuke wrote:McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure DS 8)
I would be all over that.
http://www.arcade-renaissance.com - My little home on the web.
Frogacuda

Post by Frogacuda »

BrianC wrote:I'm hoping it won't be a sequel. Gunstar Super Heroes was a bit disappointing. A shump would be awesome, but I wouldn't mind a 2D blast a thon/action game either.
My analysis:

1) Very likely won't be a shmup, as the shmup team is working on a 360 game.

2) Very likely made by the handheld team that did Bleach, Astro Boy and GSH, but probably won't involve hideyuki suganami, who was the main guy behind Gunstar Super Heroes.

3) Won't be a sequel to Alien Soldier, Bleach or any other game made for Sega, since Sega shares the rights to those. Won't be a sequel to anything they did with Enix either.

4) Maegawa mentioned that his teams wanted to get away from sequels for a bit, and ESP is their publisher of choice for their original projects, so there's a good chance it will be 100% original.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

I just hope it's an action game. The balls to the wall kind.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Frogacuda wrote:
They stopped development on that 360 shooter months ago.
jpj

Post by jpj »

obviously this is a shmups forum, but treasure do excellent side-scrolling action games. i would prefer a great, original action game to an ill-advised RS sequel. though, i was under the impression iuchi and nakagawa were part of treasure's 'arcade division' (which then receive console conversions - i think even gradius v started out life as a type-x game), so i can't see it being a shooter. vote for thread to be moved to off-topic :lol:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

jpj wrote:obviously this is a shmups forum, but treasure do excellent side-scrolling action games. i would prefer a great, original action game to an ill-advised RS sequel. though, i was under the impression iuchi and nakagawa were part of treasure's 'arcade division' (which then receive console conversions - i think even gradius v started out life as a type-x game), so i can't see it being a shooter. vote for thread to be moved to off-topic :lol:
A few of their home games have shmup levels, including Astro Boy GBA, so I don't feel a shooter is out of the question. Also, who said that a shmup needed to be an RS sequel? A side scrolling action game with shmup levels would be just as cool, though.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

jpj wrote:obviously this is a shmups forum, but treasure do excellent side-scrolling action games. i would prefer a great, original action game to an ill-advised RS sequel. though, i was under the impression iuchi and nakagawa were part of treasure's 'arcade division' (which then receive console conversions - i think even gradius v started out life as a type-x game), so i can't see it being a shooter. vote for thread to be moved to off-topic :lol:
I don't really care what genre the game is, I'm sure everyone's going to be interested in this puppy. I always think of Gunstar Heroes and Alien Soldier being more of a 'shmup' than something like Gradius anyway. Might as well keep it in the main news section of the forum and then switch it if peeps get sniffy later, eh?
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

my hopes:

1) it's an original project

2) it's almost as good as Astro, and hopefully not as bad as their recent lineup.
X - P - B
Frogacuda

Post by Frogacuda »

EOJ wrote:
Frogacuda wrote:
This is speculation based on the fact that they were hiring people to do character animation for a 360 game, but has not been confirmed. They may be working on two 360 games or their 360 shmup may require character animation. We really don't know.
Turrican wrote:my hopes:

2) it's almost as good as Astro, and hopefully not as bad as their recent lineup.
The only games they've done recently are the Bleach games, which are excellent, especially the second one.

And since you didn't even know they had done a DS game, it's clear you're just talking out of your ass on this one anyway.

I hope they do a beat 'em up using the Bleach engine for their next game, in fact. It would be like Guardian Heroes but way better.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Frogacuda wrote:
EOJ wrote:
Frogacuda wrote:
This is speculation based on the fact that they were hiring people to do character animation for a 360 game, but has not been confirmed.
Um, no. It has nothing to do with hiring people for animation, and it is quite confirmed. It was stated by Treasure's president in an inteview with Japanese magazine Gameside way back in March. Here's a link (in Japanese) detailing the contents:

http://game11.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/fam ... 360117/432

He said the development was "stopped", and they're working on other projects in the meantime.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

He said the development was "stopped", and they're working on other projects in the meantime.
awsome, I'd much rather have a portable game then some crappy next gen shooter.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Well theoretically they could "restart" development. I'm not sure whether or not they'll do that, considering the lousy X360 sales in Japan. Maybe they'll transfer development to another console?
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Frogacuda wrote:
Turrican wrote:my hopes:

The only games they've done recently are the Bleach games, which are excellent, especially the second one.

And since you didn't even know they had done a DS game, it's clear you're just talking out of your ass on this one anyway.

I hope they do a beat 'em up using the Bleach engine for their next game, in fact. It would be like Guardian Heroes but way better.
Nope, it just means our concept of "recent" are different. I was referring to Advance Guardian Heroes / Gunstar Super Heroes, both less than spectacular.
Last edited by Turrican on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X - P - B