Wikipedia removes links to Destroy all Monsters! ;(

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

The n00b wrote:Take a look at the Texas Rangers article which was rolled over by a couple "America FUCK YEAH!" idiots who have little knowledge of Texas but love Walker Texas Ranger.
From a cursory inspection of the "Texas Ranger Division" article, I can't see what the hell you're talking about. It seems legit to me. Basic facts about Texas and the Texas Rangers. Link pls.
SWY: Games are just for fun
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

The yellow journalism piece about diablos tejanos is still in but having reread the article, the whole thing seems closer to the real nature of the Texas Rangers.

I even found one story concerning Presidio County in the article that even I didn't know. Ranger stories of the early 20th century have also been cleaned up.

I've been proven wrong here. Maybe wikipedia can actually work...
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Hey, maybe you could correct the "diablos tejanos" part. Or at least add "The neutrality of this section is disputed".
SWY: Games are just for fun
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

doctorx0079 wrote:Hey, maybe you could correct the "diablos tejanos" part. Or at least add "The neutrality of this section is disputed".
I've tried but it keeps getting added back in. Just reading one book about the war from the Mexican perspective would add doubt to the story. Why would you revere an enemy who's job it was to terrorize local villagers and loot their churches, in the hopes of rooting out guerilla fighters? It was most likely a pejorative term. That's another assumption. See why it's better if the whole section was just deleted?
Proud citizen of the American Empire!