I'm drunk thread!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Obiwanshinobi

Re: I'm drunk thread!

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

PAPER/ARTILLERY wrote:Inverness
Of four and twenty virgins fame?
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Dang, where was this at? I'm thinking of brewing a belgian golden strong ale (Delerium Tremens clone). I gotta pick your brain on that.
Are you going to Beachwood BBQ in LBC for those Hill Farmstead/Cantillon day? Or maybe the Festival? I want to go but I am working bleah.
CMoon wrote:Heading back from work today stopped at a local taproom. Goddamn 15% imperial stout on tap. Dangerous? yes. Completely delicious? Absolutely. Went home and opened a belgian triple (10%) I brewed back in July. The fucker still needs to age, but wanted to make sure bottles had carbonated ok.
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:
PAPER/ARTILLERY wrote:Inverness
Of four and twenty virgins fame?
That's the one. Possibly that number has been exaggerated though, judging by the Halloween outfits I saw.
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety

CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Frenetic wrote:Dang, where was this at? I'm thinking of brewing a belgian golden strong ale (Delerium Tremens clone). I gotta pick your brain on that.
Happy to do a collaborative brew with you at some point. Belgian strongs are great beers, and can be done competantly with good temperature control. I do a shit ton of step rests and make my own belgian candi sugar, but it can easily be done with single infusion and corn sugar.

Gettin' buzzed on trader joe's vintage ale from last year. Not a great beer, but it is a $6 belgian quad from Unibroue. Hard to complain.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Time to update this thread since it's XXXmas. :twisted:

Started with a year old bottle of vintage ale (trader joes), moved on to Samiclaus, poured a glass of a mead I brewed in Oct, 2013, and now working on a tripel I brewed last July. Merry Christomaeoeiha;gjdfhjlfdbnljbnvc bn,mncvm .
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
SHMUP sale page.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

No you're not.
The way out is cut off

CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:No you're not.
No I'm not what? Come to my house, you'll be crying for aborted baby stem cells so you can grow that second liver :)
SHMUP sale page.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Just to remind you I will fuk thk bout u effing ch make me KUCK

TELL ONL YO SECRET make this BE it lik u SUUUUUU

fyi
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Agreed.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
superpretendo

Post by superpretendo »

Hello all,

Very drunk. I just watched Birdman and it was too much, must rewatch when not fucked off my tits. So amazing. Loved it.

Hope everyone is having a great night.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

looooooool im aso fycked
wwwwwwwwwwww
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

If any of my fellow drunks find themselves in St Marks, I highly recommend the continental. Probably the cheapest place to drink in Manhattan. Buy one $4 pint of beer (Lagunitas IPA for the win) and and get 7 shots of your choosing for $10. I hit that pla e up before the Electric Wizard show on Thurday. 2 beers and 7 shots for $18. You can't beat that shit.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Went to a wedding last night. Got absolutely smashed. Missed my flight to Shanghai this morning. Had to buy another for tomorrow morning. Hungover.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BIL

Post by BIL »

I was gonna complain, again, about the various peeves that come with living in a tiny fishing village whose main industries are donkey bothering and scampi. Smelly buses. Dogshit-strewn sidewalks. Toothless idiots. But tbh

1) I CHOSE AN ETERNITY OF THIS 3;
2) booze is cheap :shock:
3) the daytime TV is astonishing
Spoiler
BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

HOLY SHIT THATS ROUGH

NOW THATS KEEPIN IT IN THE FAMILY MIRITE

How swiftly my pretensions dissolve in a hail of sleet, booze and bird shit. :[
o.pwuaioc

Post by o.pwuaioc »

OK, when drunk do I a) play shooters badly, or b0 talk about playing shooters badly here. hm.....
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sonofa

Went to check the mail and got attacked by a badger. I'm about to explode in alcoholic anger.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Fcku

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

frm needs mm ore drauch

opt2not

Post by opt2not »

I got ripped off some home-made Mead this weekend. Actually, it's a Melomel when you add fruit to a mead.

This batch was started in Feb, split into 2, one had Mango and the other had Blackberries added to them.
After letting it ferment, settle, and applying a fining agent...I bottled it recently, and ended up drinking some this weekend. Just in time for the summer!
They both measure at about 18% :shock: The buzz we got was real... :lol: 8)

drauch

Post by drauch »

Skykid wrote:frm needs mm ore drauch
I wish. :wink:
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Spoiler
Emuser wrote:I discovered how amazing Salamander 2 is just about 2 hours ago. I had a few drinks along the way playing through this game I've never played before and the journey was amazing, I cannot freaking believe that this game gets absolutely no attention ever. Shame on you Shmups farm, this game is truly like no other hori I've ever played and definitely wins the award for biggest hidden gem if I ever saw one. Even the unused music is on an unreal level that I am now forced to play BWR+ to the tune of some of these tracks because it is illegal how good they are but not used anywhere. FIRE TRIPPER DO YOU BELIIIIIIIIEVEEEEE IN DAT SOUNDTRACK

It sickens me how racial yall can be to hori shooters, they want a chance to be played too you know, but naw yall just gon' hate on them cause they're hori. Go ahead, hate on dat Gradius III all you want but the day you finally see the light about how awesome Konami really is, yall will thank me and wonder why you hated them so much. I mean Gradius I and II made people mad because they were too easy so they bitched x 10 about it, so Konami got really butthurt and decided to make Gradius III to get angry Konami fanboys to just stfu about their game being for babies. Yall pushed them so hard because they were a hori shooter company, and look what happened! They got so mad that they decided to make a game they weren't absolutely certain anyone could actually beat.

Inb4 gay checkpoints, bullshit, too hard, unfair, checkpoints, can't comeback, maoi, bubbles, volcanoes, stage 3 being way too fucking long for anyone's good, checkpoints, being fucking stuck on the boss rush or 10-B boss even after clearly safe spotting that mother fucker to an alternate dimension, Konami, destroy the core/mouth/chest/gayjokeshere, IwasbornoutofthegreedinessofmankindwhilemenexistsowillIBLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHEPICSHITHERE, speed section, dumb checkpoint to like 2 minutes back after that checkpoint, 2nd loops gay, stage 4 is impossible,lack of DAT SOUNDTRACK, stage 1 sand in yourV, etc. Its all memo trash dont like it gtfo Alamone for god tier, saucy and tvicks also get mentions for clearing it as well without playing exclusively Gradius III like a dumbass and playing other better shmups. Not saying Gradius III is bad, but if thats the only shmup you play then you're just trolling everybody.

I used to hate hori too till I gave them a chance and realized that honestly there's nothing seriously wrong with them. You just have to work a little harder because its generally a given that there's going to be other things you have to worry about than just bullets. The bullets are not like cave where its like HERP DERP FILL THE SCREEN WITH PINK BULLETS, INSTAN SUCCESS LOL inb4 kid gets mad and doj being excellent rant.

For a very very long time I wondered whatever happened to Konami in their endeavors of making the most frustrating shmups ever known to mankind. I just assumed that they went to hell after Gradius II and Trigon, but for some reason it took me nearly 6 years of playing shmups to finally discover Salamander 2 sitting here on my Salamander Collection. I'd heard it was too hard and stupid so I ignored it since I first downloaded mame, but I decided to just give it a shot since I had cleared Gradius III yesterday and honestly I cannot imagine any video game being a worse experience to successfully 1cc than Gradius III(just 1 loop, you have to be fucking diseased to think of playing the 2nd loop in that game). But anyways Konami, I know now that they realized just what they achieved after releasing this game years after Gradius III, the team actually quit very shortly after because they knew their lives were now complete with Fire Tripper and the rest of DAT SOUNDTRACK. They knew everything afterwards would be futile as people would just be like "this isn't as good as Salamander 2" to everything Konami released afterwards. Look what happened to Gradius IV, no one likes that game and never has because it is stupid unlike any other Gradius game ever made: IV<I<V<II<<<<<<<<<<<<III=Gaiden. Guess which Gradius games were relatively good?

Before my first credit I asked someone what to expect, and they said more or less the same Konami bullshit that I'm familiar with already. Well I booted it up and the music in the intro and the intro itself gave me this impression that I was about to dive into something bigger than the same Konami bullshit. After playing my first credit and getting to stage 4, I talked to Ratikal about it and apparently DAT SOUNDTRACK he knew about the game for some time now. HE KNEW. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE FUCKING TELL ME ABOUT THIS GAME?? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I PLAYED GRADIUS III?? IF I KNEW HOW AWESOME SALAMANDER 2 WAS I WOULDN'T HAVE TOUCHED GRADIUS III OMFG. DAT SOUNDTRACK

Yall don't realize how happy I could have been whenever I mentioned Gradius III and an angel from heaven or a hero against all odds emerges from the shadows and is like "Yo dawg I herd U like Konami Bullshit, but instead of bullshit you about the bullshit, I'm gonna bullshit the bullshit and tell you to fucking play Salamander 2 right the fuck now!" Go play mars matrix? Moar like get off your fat ass and play Salamander 2 you stupid mother fucker, why would you listen to anyone but the TRUE authority on Konami bullshit, and I assure you there's absolutely a little bit present in this game DAT SOUNDTRACK.

So now I must ask, is there some reason no one ever mentions this game? I've played many many shmups, and I have to say this is truly a god tier hori, no doubt about it that this is one of the best from its era and definitely a candidate for best hori Konami has ever made. From the words of someone I can't really remember right now: "If you do not like this game then you are a huge faggot" Maybe a little bit exaggerated but UTTERLY true. This game is so fucking amazing that the decision to go for the 2-ALL in it has never been easier. Get ready SHMUPS FARM, KONAMI GOIN DOWN AGAIN!!
Aww this post always amazes me for full reasons...
Salamander 2/Gradius III ... Go play it 8)
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

"Essay like no other" indeed. The forum's crowning post.
The way out is cut off

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Was in KTV last night until 6am.

You make weird discoveries when wasted. I never new the little dinosaur on the Chrome browser's connection error screen was an endless runner game, until somehow in my frustration with the KTV wifi I suddenly realised I was playing it.

Subsequently my fiercely-competitive-with-regard-to-any-mobile-game friend and I spent most of the night trying to one-up each other's high score, while drunk. In the end I was too wasted and conceded defeat, which prompted her usual winning fanfare: a mock evil laugh followed by gang signs up in your face and lots of reminders that she's no.1 and you're shit and can't beat her.

Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

I just watched the BBC dramatization of the creation of GTA starring Daniel Radcliffe.

It drove me to the bottle don't make the same mistakes as me.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Weak Boson wrote:I just watched the BBC dramatization of the creation of GTA starring Daniel Radcliffe.

It drove me to the bottle don't make the same mistakes as me.

Ahahaha actually LMAO! :lol:

blackoak

Post by blackoak »

having a couple shitty asahi after an invigorating 10m jaunt around Gifu today. watched the sunset from a nice viewing platform in the hills. one thing i've always loved about japan is their civic pride... you'll find nice structures like this in really weird, unexpected places. or maybe it's just unexpected to me because i live in the land of who-gives-a-shit adobe stucco mall architecture. ugh. see: james howard kunstler's books. and to think i live in that supposed bastion of wealth, the bay area... if you travel outside of here it gets even shittier, real fast.

the downtown train station in Gifu has these cool colored lights and fountains all over. its enough for me to pretend im in ye olde anime fabled "80s japan". on that note, i played bubblegum crisis ost while checking out the nightscape cityview too, from the viewing platform of this 43 story building... livin' the dream
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

Hope you lot are having a great evening. .. on bud at the mo after a bishops finger and just posted on a thread i said i wouldnt post on again oh well the game deserves it l:) sod it im getting drunk!
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Hockey and vodka.

Anything will do when I don't have weed.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Aww man...two posts in a row here and its been a wek?

I want one more, but I don't need onw more. I'm going to take the high road for once.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

beer after helping the new neighbors with the moving

anbdfjovu gbgfmdljbx:kv!p1$

EDIT: not just beer #Towelie
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"