I'm drunk thread!

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

Those things will kill you. There are kids at my school that could be classified as 'Living Dead' if they didn't get their fix every few hours.
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

PaCrappa wrote:I can't stand any kind of ale. Yuck. I enjoy lagers and suchlike. Stella fits the bill nicely.

Pa
Boooooo! I don't like lagers or pilsners. They're too light for me. Much like yourself I can drink a million of them and have to stop because there's no room left. I'd rather drink a beer that kicks your taste buds right in the balls than have something light.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Well I imagine I could fit the same number of ales as lagers, I just couldn't get 'em past my taste buds from all that ball kicking :)

Pa
Davey

Post by Davey »

Acid King wrote:
PaCrappa wrote:I can't stand any kind of ale. Yuck. I enjoy lagers and suchlike. Stella fits the bill nicely.

Pa
Boooooo! I don't like lagers or pilsners. They're too light for me. Much like yourself I can drink a million of them and have to stop because there's no room left. I'd rather drink a beer that kicks your taste buds right in the balls than have something light.
I pretty much agree, but I wonder if it's just an issue of quality as opposed to style (for me, anyway). When I think lager, I usually think of watery piss like Bud Light. But Great Lakes Eliot Ness is pretty good IMHO, but it seems like lagers are largely ignored by microbrews.
Neon

Post by Neon »

You know what's a really nasty drink? Robitussin.

But you'll trip balls after a couple
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Davey wrote: I pretty much agree, but I wonder if it's just an issue of quality as opposed to style (for me, anyway). When I think lager, I usually think of watery piss like Bud Light. But Great Lakes Eliot Ness is pretty good IMHO, but it seems like lagers are largely ignored by microbrews.
I think that because lagers and pilsners are the dominating macro style, you don't see the smaller breweries versions as much just because of saturation. Register at beeradvocate.com and you can search by style or brewery. Glancing through the lagers I see quite a few from smaller breweries, the problem is finding them in your area.

I'll have to look into the legality of it, but if there's anything you're looking for I could buy a case and send you a six pack or we could trade. There is a sick, crazy silly beer distributor about a half hour from my house that carries literally hundreds of kinds of beers, tons of craft brews, just an absolutely ludicrous selection.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Davey wrote:but it seems like lagers are largely ignored by microbrews.
Acid King wrote:I see quite a few from smaller breweries, the problem is finding them in your area.
The reality of it for me is somewhere in between. There is a microbrew joint called "Maritime" or somesuch. They make a Pilsner that is to die for but they don't seem to bottle it. If they do I can't find the fucking shit. And they don't have rock shows at their place so there's no real reason to ever go there. The place where my little brother likes to get his drink on has it on tap but it's the same story. The only reason I'd ever go there is if there was some event taking place for the benefit of my brother.

Anyways, even though I claimed I was swearing off alcohol I got pretty buzzed at a show the other night. I had a pint of Guiness with dinner and five big cans of PBR at the show.

Pa
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

PaCrappa wrote:
Davey wrote:but it seems like lagers are largely ignored by microbrews.
Acid King wrote:I see quite a few from smaller breweries, the problem is finding them in your area.
Though not to mistaken for "lager" beers (which besides Duvel are my favourite) a local brewery sells "Lamme Goedzak" and "Merck toch hoe Sterck" right on the corner of our street. And I´ll tell you they are TASTY (only ever seen them in Brussels outside of our region though... :P)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

Obviously, makes up for my shit you dont like.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

I should have posted the other night when I was real drunk. I had about 10 beers in me in some combination of Stone IPA, Two Hearted Ale and Centennial IPA. I was pretty drunk.
PaCrappa wrote:
The reality of it for me is somewhere in between. There is a microbrew joint called "Maritime" or somesuch. They make a Pilsner that is to die for but they don't seem to bottle it. If they do I can't find the fucking shit. And they don't have rock shows at their place so there's no real reason to ever go there. The place where my little brother likes to get his drink on has it on tap but it's the same story. The only reason I'd ever go there is if there was some event taking place for the benefit of my brother.

Pa
Maritime Pacific? I looked them up real quick, they may only bottle it a few times a year. One of the reviews I read of it (Portage Bay Pilsner?) said that the bottle he had said limited release on it.

Though not to mistaken for "lager" beers (which besides Duvel are my favourite) a local brewery sells "Lamme Goedzak" and "Merck toch hoe Sterck" right on the corner of our street. And I´ll tell you they are TASTY (only ever seen them in Brussels outside of our region though... Razz)
You guys probably have tons of great stuff that is impossible to find over here... of course, the same is probably true about American beer in europe.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Newcastle Brown is my ale of choice. Love it's aftertaste.
Trek trough the Galaxy on silver wings and play football online.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

A few drinks consisting of Dripping Springs Vodka (a locally distilled vodka) and Mexican Coke tonight.

I've got to go to work in a few hours... :|
Last edited by MadSteelDarkness on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

So yeah, I'm drunk.

And, I found out, I'm better at Guitar Hero drunk.

/me plays Jordan on Expert
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

hello.

i met some girls tonight.

they better remember me tomorrow???
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

it's hard to play druk
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

If I'm blottoed the Toilet is the hitbox.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

neorichieb1971 wrote:If I'm blottoed the Toilet is the hitbox.

A while back me and my girlfriend were staggering out of a club at about 5 in the morning. I walked into the middle of the road and was almost killed. "It just grazed my sprite!" I shouted. She laughed. I love her.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

I went to the Dogfish Head brewery and brewpub while I was on vacation. Picked up a growler of 90 Minute IPA at the pub and drank it all the next night. I haven't been that drunk in a looooong time. I'll have to post the few pictures I took in the other thread when I get them from my girlfriends camera.

MX7

Post by MX7 »

I'm 21! And drunk. Best place to post this. My girlfriend managed to pick me up a Japanese copy of Mars Matrix from a tidly little London broker (for cheap)... ace! Also, I'm going to order Ibara when some cheques cash... aww. Such a shame I couldn't do STG 2007 I was so up fpr it! Waiting all year... fucking Norfolk... Challenge you next year though. FO SHIT. MxxxxxxXXX
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

And once again I confess...

I´d be a very, very bad muslim or other not-supposed-to-be-drinking- alcohol-drinking member of this world´s population... :lol:

You bet I´ll be making progress at Viper Phase 1 tomorrow though... (/wishfull thinking).

Good news for this week... did get around to booking a 10 day holiday to Egypt after all AND managed to get back on speaking terms (and a date) with a dear friend I almost lost due to my stupid behaviour...
Actually...she´s the only girl I´d ever even remotely consider getting married with.
Don´t you just hate it when you´re too honest when being drunk... :P
Last edited by Super Laydock on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

DJ Rectal Prolapse wrote:
neorichieb1971 wrote:If I'm blottoed the Toilet is the hitbox.

A while back me and my girlfriend were staggering out of a club at about 5 in the morning. I walked into the middle of the road and was almost killed. "It just grazed my sprite!" I shouted. She laughed. I love her.
Lady Luck was with ya on that morning..... ^_~
splitblkribbon

Post by splitblkribbon »

Best thread ever!
I'm the world's first dolphin pilot
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

splitblkribbon wrote:Best thread ever!
You really should consider to stop drinking... ;)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Super Laydock wrote:
You really should consider to stop drinking... ;)
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

drunken DDP inp ! (first try)
PROMETHEUS - Approximately 5,3 M - A-L - Stage 2 wolfmameplus99 REPLAY
OMG!!!!! I DIED AT STAGE 1 BOSS AND AT STAGE 2 BOSS AND SOMEWHERE ELSE

drunken DDP inp ! bis (second try, a few minutes later)
PROMETHEUS - 147,679,600 - A-L - 2-5 wolfmameplus99 REPLAY
I can't believe the gap between those two runs is so large. WTF ?? also this is my survival record in an actual run

lawl

[many A-L were harmed in the making of this .inp]
[japanese DDP used]

I'll try beating my drunken high score next time, hopefully after even more glasses.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ack... I forgot about this thread :)

I got drunk last night and played Berzerk on the Atari 2600. 9th game selection (no extra lives can be gained, evil otto is invinvible) and I scored 24090. I was happy :)

(btw, scoring on berzerk is very low, that was about 15min-20min game.)
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Jeez, can´t we get a sticky for this... it was almost on the 3th page.

Well, maybe it being ramadan and all... ;)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

I'm hyped up on caffeine, ginseng and sugar at the moment. It's like being drunk, only in reverse.
Sleep is for suckas!
Trek trough the Galaxy on silver wings and play football online.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I'm tipsy, not drunk...

... but Atlantis for the Atari 2600 is soooo much fun.
RGC

Post by RGC »

Last edited by RGC on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.