Just received my first order from Play-Asia

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
captain ahar

Just received my first order from Play-Asia

Post by captain ahar »

I bought Gradius Gaiden, XII Stag, SplatterAction (simple 2000 vol 64), and the Chikyuu Boueigun (simple 2000 vol 31)

first impressions
Gradius Gaiden- Gradius V was the first real Gradius I ever played. Playing GG for the first time was like playing G5 the first time.. only harder.

XII Stag- Pretty interesting. I like it okay. I am sure I'll think more of it when I finally get (or make) the joystick I always blather on about. My left thumb hurts from doing the side shots dodging at the same time. I think I have an idea what Psyvariar 2 might be like to play with a PS2 controller.

SplatterAction- I love the art style (why I bought it), but as a game it is different than what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be like Nanobreaker (only like game I can think of). Turns out its a side-scrolling beat-em-up (and a really average one at that). please don't mention that is after all a Simple 2000 release, I was warned a lot in the past. "But it has a green dog pop out of a garbage can and smack you with rotted bone. It has to be golden!", I would say. Well, I was wrong.
URL: http://www.d3p.co.jp/s_20/s20_064.html

Chikyuu Boueigun-This game could be some mindless fun. You start as this soldier, sworn to defend earth, right... from giant insects from outer-space (forgive my taking liberties with the story, I don't speak Japanese).
The slowdown is more than I was expecting, but still, no one can deny the appeal of mowing down a wave of insects and space ships with a shotgun and rocket launcher.
URL: http://www.d3p.co.jp/s_20/s20_031.html

Oh, I just bought Tomba! as well. How I love that game. It won't work on my PS2 though, so I had to dig up my PSone. NOTE: I now have six systems, thoughtlessly stacked in my room. Xbox, two PS2's, saturn, gamecube, PSone, and my dreamcast. Ooh, make that seven! :D
I have no sig whatsoever.
sffan

Re: Just received my first order from Play-Asia

Post by sffan »

captain ahar wrote: XII Stag- Pretty interesting. I like it okay. I am sure I'll think more of it when I finally get (or make) the joystick I always blather on about. My left thumb hurts from doing the side shots dodging at the same time.
Using the analog stick is easier on the thumb, but I know how some of y'all are about analog sticks and shmups. :wink:
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i did try the analog (i have no qualms with the analog, while playing shikigami, some characters i only play with the analog).

wow that last bit made absolutely no sense until i added another comma.
I have no sig whatsoever.