Ninja Gaiden Sigma

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Strider77

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Post by Strider77 »

Just showed up on my door via UPS!! Looking forward to some quality time tonight with it.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

you're lucky! I want to play it too
DBH87

Post by DBH87 »

PROMETHEUS wrote:you're lucky! I want to play it too
me 2 ninja gaiden black is my fav game of all time
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

Strider77 wrote:Just showed up on my door via UPS!! Looking forward to some quality time tonight with it.
care to share some insight?
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
Never_Scurred

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Post by Never_Scurred »

Strider77 wrote:Just showed up on my door via UPS!! Looking forward to some quality time tonight with it.
Friend!
Can I come over?
"It's a joke how the Xbox platform has caught shit for years for only having shooters, but now it's taken on an entirely different meaning."-somebody on NeoGAF
Watch me make Ketsui my bitch.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

I wanna buy a PS3 for this game.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Acid King wrote:I wanna buy a PS3 for this game.
hell yeah
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Isn't this just a remake of the original? Then, is it really worth it when you've got XBOX Ninja Gaiden Black out there? Don't take that the wrong way, I'm just curious as to whether or not the extra's in Sigma make it worth the money.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I don't know if it's worth it for someone who already played one of the others, but I've not and I know I'd love to try it so all the bonuses and nice graphics are just welcome to make the experience even better.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

The fact that you get to see a Sony logo when you boot the game up makes it 500x more enjoyable, I'm sure. :wink:

Yes Dave, it's a remake of Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black XBox. However, just as Ninja Gaiden Black added new content, Sigma adds even more including an extra playable character. If I'm not mistaken, the default difficulty is lower, and there is a new highest difficulty. The fact that it looks amazing doesn't hurt either. Plus, there's actually a point in playing the demo all the way through as you get bonuses when you start the full game based on how much of the demo you've completed, which is definitely something more devs should do.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

mannerbot wrote:The fact that you get to see a Sony logo when you boot the game up makes it 500x more enjoyable, I'm sure. :wink:

Yes Dave, it's a remake of Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black XBox. However, just as Ninja Gaiden Black added new content, Sigma adds even more including an extra playable character. If I'm not mistaken, the default difficulty is lower, and there is a new highest difficulty. The fact that it looks amazing doesn't hurt either. Plus, there's actually a point in playing the demo all the way through as you get bonuses when you start the full game based on how much of the demo you've completed, which is definitely something more devs should do.
Gotcha, certainly sounds worth it, then! :D
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

had some time to play it friday night but was out of town the rest of the weekend for a tourny.

It's good, it is the same game but the graphix deff look better and you have some new weapons, moves and the rachel missions. they kinda show what she was up while ryu was doing his thing. so far they have all taken place in the same environments. But i am on her second mission so far so who knows.

Some new enemies also like the soldiers on bikes. You have a new throw also, you jump over and you can gab as you pass over and throw em a decent distance.

It is just a remake but the visual deffinately look better and there is new content so far with the AI being a bit different also.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Reportedly the decapitations are censored from the JP version of Sigma, so the US release will likely be the preferred version.
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
jeremycarrier

Post by jeremycarrier »

Ninja Gaiden Black is my SECOND favorite VG ever(If I ever get around to completing my top 15 list, you'll see it!), so NGZ should be awesome...if only I had a PS3.
DDP current hi-score: http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1766/ddon0011ki3.png
Weave...Dodge...Attack
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

OK... played more tonight.

The dual katanas are very useful and effective, not to mention fun to use. The rachel missions are fun also so far and I you get to fight one of the characters in one of her missions that you'd didn't get to fight originally.

The chapter when you make your way to the military gate and open it has helicopters dropping bombs and you fight the fat guy from the blimp again.

I've seen a few added real time cut scenes and there is a small area you have a few fights in before doku kills you in the very beginning. Plus you get to fight him. I think he is beatable, not sure and dunno what would be the results of that would be.
Reportedly the decapitations are censored from the JP version of Sigma
this is true for humans but not the monsters....
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

I've read somewhere that although PS3 games are regionfree some games boot up the version that suits your console. Means, booting up US-Resistance on a JP console gives you the JP-version of the game with no blood while booting up JP-Ninja Gaiden on an US console activates the uncensored US version of the game. Is this true?
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

What is this, the Neo-Geo?
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

@jeremycarrier
Well, it might be worth it to play the waiting game. According to these rumors Team Ninja will show off Ninja Gaiden 2 at the E3...360, exclusive.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/06/17 ... up-leaked/
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

As the site even notes, all of the shit "rumored" to be shown at E3 sounds a little too good to be true. It's also been known that NG2 would be a 360 exclusive for a while now.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

that would be rly bad news for me as I won't buy both systems and totally want to play NG2 -_-
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

As far as I know all that's been known was that there'll be a big one and it's going to be 360 exclusive. No mention of the Ninja Gaiden name yet and the concept art that was leaked/released didn't look like NG at all.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

PROMETHEUS wrote:that would be rly bad news for me as I won't buy both systems and totally want to play NG2 -_-
Yeah horrible news, it would make zero sense to buy the system that has NG and NG2 on it. France am hate M$!
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

PROMETHEUS wrote:I don't know if it's worth it for someone who already played one of the others, but I've not and I know I'd love to try it so all the bonuses and nice graphics are just welcome to make the experience even better.
I played Ninja Gaiden and the hurricane packs to death and bought Black as well. I'm really interested to see what all they added to it and how it looks. Easily my favorite game(s) of this past generation.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to be fucking fierce.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

NG Sigma already looks wonderful. NG2 is going to be orgasm inducing, though I'd imagine it'll probably be running on the same engine.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

mannerbot wrote:Yeah horrible news, it would make zero sense to buy the system that has NG and NG2 on it. France am hate M$!
Think for a second : if I said that, it probably means that the system I was looking to buy was the PS3 and not the 360. There are other games besides NG2, and I don't like 360's other games except DOA4. I don't really give a fuck whether the system is microsoft or sony.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Don't really want to pull this topic too far off topic, but it's my fault anyway. Forza 2 doesn't interest you but Motorstorm does?
jp

Post by jp »

PROMETHEUS wrote:that would be rly bad news for me as I won't buy both systems and totally want to play NG2 -_-
Given that Itagaki (the guy that made the game) thought Sigma was a stupid idea to begin with and had virtually nothing to do with it... I can't fathom anyone is actually surprised that he's going to continue working exclusively on the 360 (and DS... but who doesn't make stuff for the DS except Sony now? Even Microsoft is putting games on the thing).
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

mannerbot wrote:Don't really want to pull this topic too far off topic, but it's my fault anyway. Forza 2 doesn't interest you but Motorstorm does?
yayaya forza 2 sounds cool and so does viva piñata but I'm still more interested in the PS3. I'm not going to give you all the details of why I prefer it over the other, that's just how it is. The 360 is attractive, but just not attractive enough for me.
Also I dunno why you're so upset that I might be interested in Motostorm lolz. Who cares if you think it sucks ? a lot of people think it's good, and I want to check it out. Maybe I won't actually like it, I never know.....
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Nothing personal, just busting your balls a bit and calling you out on your Playstation homer status. :lol:
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

forgot to note that the game does have some new music tracks in there. as far as I can tell they don't replace older tracks exactly... it's just sometime on your second time through an area (u do back track in NG) or a sub area will have it's own tunes as well.

thought it was worth noting..