... and it made me smile.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
mesh control

Re: ... and it made me smile.

Post by mesh control »

Met a girl with pink hair at the grocery store and we exchanged several smiles and talked for a minute and now I have a date with her on Saturday. :D

I wasn't too sure how to get close to her, so I asked her over facebook if she wanted to go eat dinner with me and she gave me her phone number.
:D :D
lol
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

mesh control wrote:Met a girl with pink hair at the grocery store and we exchanged several smiles and talked for a minute and now I have a date with her on Saturday. :D

I wasn't too sure how to get close to her, so I asked her over facebook if she wanted to go eat dinner with me and she gave me her phone number.
Nice work man! :o

You'll have to let us know whether she's a natural pink a little further down the road.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

mesh control wrote:Met a girl with pink hair at the grocery store and we exchanged several smiles and talked for a minute and now I have a date with her on Saturday. :D

Get in there buddy!! 8)
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Turning this thread into the dating advice thread.

Should I plan out where to go for dinner or ask her where she want to go?

Maybe I'm taking this too serious. :?
lol
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

It's very hard to tell for sure without knowing her, but I'd go for "plan out yourself" and don't worry too much about it :)
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Date was ok. nothing special. watched true blood. i am boring.
lol
drauch

Post by drauch »

Eh, you can't judge a first date as the entire package, though. First dates are always kinda awkward. If you enjoyed it you should just keep talking to her and go on another one!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Yeah, I will. It's just been so long since I've dated, I feel old and weathered (I'm only 21 :().
lol
Siren2011
Banned User

Post by Siren2011 »

Yeah, I will. It's just been so long since I've dated, I feel old and weathered (I'm only 21 ).
Don't beat yourself up over it, and do what comes natural. I suggest using humor. When you can laugh with each other, that in itself says a lot about the progression of your friendship.

Personally, it's been 10 months since I had a date. I ended up dumping her, not because I was moving per se, but because her personality was like cardboard. Nevertheless, Sarah was very attractive, and gave off a "younger than she looks" vibe, which was probably one of the reasons I pursued her in the first place. :P I prefer brunettes, anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I still think you're an asshole, but I really hope it works out between you two. I met my last crush in a similar situation. She was at the cash register of a buy/sell/used place, and she winked at me. During the transaction she grabbed my arm and wrote her number and email address, then whispered in my ear, "We won't accept trade for this At the Drive In CD, because that's for the both of us to listen to later on."

I've never wanted to fuck anyone this badly in my entire life.

I don't want to drag the thread down with depressive nonsense, but it ended up not working out between us and the date never happened. :( Out of all the times I could have met a unique chick like this, it HAD TO BE WHEN I WAS HAVING A PSYCHOSIS. Because I thought I was going to die (I wrote many pages on the "prophecy" or whatever my insufferable ass was hallucinating), I sent her an email stating that I can never see her again, because I was dying.

By the time I figured out that the death thing was an delusional belief rooted in superstition, it was too late. Where the fuck is the bangyourheadagainstwall emoticon? I needed therapy to rinse all of the "what could have been" thoughts that were depressing the fuck out of me.

Hmmm...how to redeem all of this depressing crap...

sunflower&gumdrops.jpeg
"Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die. Trapped in a moe~ existence"
drauch

Post by drauch »

Don't feel bad; I'm the worst ever at dating. It took me years to be somewhat confident, but I still don't know what the fuck I'm doing--and don't really care, at this point. I find dating tedious and generally a waste of time, mainly because I am so cynical. Personally, I feel like if love is going to happen to "real" people it will happen naturally, and shouldn't be forced. That sounds a bit too whimsical, maybe, but whatevs.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Another date.
here we go. :D
lol
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

drauch wrote:Don't feel bad; I'm the worst ever at dating. It took me years to be somewhat confident, but I still don't know what the fuck I'm doing--and don't really care, at this point. I find dating tedious and generally a waste of time, mainly because I am so cynical. Personally, I feel like if love is going to happen to "real" people it will happen naturally, and shouldn't be forced. That sounds a bit too whimsical, maybe, but whatevs.
You should go on every date with the intention of getting laid at the end of it. Otherwise you're just paying for someone else's dinner.

mesh control

Post by mesh control »

:/

Well, we went to watch planet of the apes and one thing that has been bothering me because I'm not sure how to address it. She tries to pay for some of the stuff, but I prefer to pay for everything (i do this with everyone, i'm an asshole) Should I just let her pay when she offers or stick to my guns?

she's so sweet. :P
lol
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

Skykid wrote:
You should go on every date with the intention of getting laid at the end of it. Otherwise you're just paying for someone else's dinner.
ffs, I actually agree w/ you. :lol:

unless she's your old lady, never ask a girl "where do you want to go." take the lead and tell her. "lets grab some food and drinks at xyz, I'll pick you up at 7:00" throw in a cute/harmless joke.
mesh control wrote::/

Well, we went to watch planet of the apes and one thing that has been bothering me because I'm not sure how to address it. She tries to pay for some of the stuff, but I prefer to pay for everything (i do this with everyone, i'm an asshole) Should I just let her pay when she offers or stick to my guns?
let her pay, now she's made an *investment* in you. tell her you'll grab the bill next time. if you're determined to pay, pay and tell her "you can grab it next time." either way, you've just landed a next time....

Since we're discussing women. I met a gorgeous Asian girl yesterday at work. she opened her mouth and out came an Australian accent. She has dual citizenship. she's my AAA. and that made me :)
she's also got an enormous rock on her finger. and that made me :cry:
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

:lol:

Actually this is quite timely. I'm trying to take my girlfriend out on more dates but lately school shit gets in the way (weve been together for like a year and have only gone out enough times for me to count on my hand which I think is shameful of me).

Yeah, it is definitely one of the more awkward things in life but I think improvisation is key. Planning works too but don't go too elaborate.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

rapoon wrote:
Skykid wrote:
Lol, well there's gotta be something! :)

Then again, getting laid is usually high on most guy's list of priorities.

rapoon

Post by rapoon »

Skykid wrote:
rapoon wrote:
Skykid wrote:
Lol, well there's gotta be something! :)

Then again, getting laid is usually high on most guy's list of priorities.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Brad's pathetic shmupforum soapbox
Made her a mixtape with a picture of a creamsicle.
It was mostly bad 90's emo, but she liked it. We kissed.
:D
lol
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Made her a mixtape with a picture of a creamsicle.
What the... why would anybody-
emo
nevermind.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

?

I will make a mixtape for you, Jockel.
<3

http://youtu.be/4DFF9Wi9gX4
lol
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Seriously though, mixtapes suck. Quality sucks, it's inconvenient to switch tracks, you're ripping songs out of their original (album) context, etc.
Especially the last point gets on my nerves all the time when I look through friends MP3 collections.
mesh control wrote: http://youtu.be/4DFF9Wi9gX4
I don't mind that, but it's not quite my cup of tea.
Siren2011
Banned User

Post by Siren2011 »

AT THE DRIVE IN IS FUCKING GETTING BACK TOGETHER AFTER 11 YEARS!! I thought this day would never come; that the opportunity to see them in concert ever was passed and never to return.

I have never been so glad to be wrong. They're from Texas, too. So I should see them here at least 3 times.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

word on the street is that coachella's line up is being released tomorrow.

Anticipate ATDI will be participating.
lol
Siren2011
Banned User

Post by Siren2011 »

Dear god, that would be amazing. I've never been to Coachella before, but I guess there's a first for everything. :mrgreen:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

The only "emo" band I ever liked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgNvkvn9nCA I'm biased though, as I was in a with the drummer (who was my co-worker at the time). Singer/Songwriter mega-star José González is the backing guitarist btw. 8) Listening to it now DID make me smile, so this is on topic.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Siren2011
Banned User

Post by Siren2011 »

That song is awesome, emphatic. I'll track down their CD.

I also forgot to mention that I was reading the youtube comments section of a Ketsui 2-5 video and this one dude said, "Ketsui: my favorite survival horror game."

I lol'ed.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

M83
Atari Teenage Riot
Deer Hunter
Firehouse
At the Drive In
Greg Ginn

Everything else will be a surprise.

Going.
lol
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Wow, that lineup's amazing. Check out Arctic Monkeys and Miike Snow.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
chempop

Post by chempop »

^Amon Tobin should be good!

Today was full of smile.

My cousin and his wife drove in from out of town to check out my art show, they bought a 8x10 print, which flattered me because they aren't the type to spend money unless they really want something. I of course offered to gift it to them but they insisted on paying me. :)

For work I took my class of second graders to the art show which was hilarious. I made a huge deal about safety and crossing the street. One of them brought up "stranger danger", which prompted another to tell the group that "if you get lost, a man might tell you he'll drive you home, but really he might chop you up and put you in his freezer..." (I'm paraphrasing)! We had a blast and no one got lost and/or hit by a car. :D

I won rancors contest! :mrgreen:

Subbed a great night class and hopefully recruited a few students, overall A++ day.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Marc

Post by Marc »

At The Drive In? back together? Fuck, that made me smile.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell