... and it made me smile.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Blinge

Re: ... and it made me smile.

Post by Blinge »

Lol okay.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/09/ ... al-anthem/

“Unfortunately, I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said in a press conference Monday.

"“People that are taking a knee are not saying anything negative about the military, they’re not saying anything negative about the flag, they’re just trying to protest the fact that there are some injustices in America,” Villanueva said."
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Sigh. Why the fuck should Trump, or any other president, care because the anthem is sang in whatever way by these sports stars? Try watching a football/soccer match between national teams, and watch them sing the anthem for a few laughs, half of them just pretend they sing or don't know the lyrics at all.
Oh wait, I forgot the USA is a PATRIOTIC country. :roll:
EDIT: Maybe Trump should see if this guy also bends the knee lol: https://youtu.be/9xvk3GneHBU
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Blinge wrote:Lol okay.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/09/ ... al-anthem/

“Unfortunately, I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said in a press conference Monday.

"“People that are taking a knee are not saying anything negative about the military, they’re not saying anything negative about the flag, they’re just trying to protest the fact that there are some injustices in America,” Villanueva said."
I watched the televised statement that he made in the link you provided. It did not strike me as an about turn. Only Villanueva "taking a knee" during the anthem, would prove otherwise
Indeed, the clip you provided and the quote that you posted, read to me like Alejandro Villanueva is still doing his best to be the bigger man by protecting his disgraced team and coach.

I certainly do not know what is in the mans heart but his history does not indicate cowardice.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Oh he seems okay, but not like a boss really.

Never said it was an about turn, either.
If you see a military veteran standing for the national anthem as some great victory you must love low hanging fruit.
Secondary flag-waving, eurgh. Weak.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

You read all that into my reply? None of it could be further from the truth. Check your imagination, my bitter friend.
Both my posts concerning Villanueva simply referred to behaviour, manners and principle.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Given your politics and the context of the event, I don't need to imagine anything :wink:

However, if you'd like to elaborate on why you made the original post and correct my terrible misconceptions, I'm all ears.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Indeed. Given your complete misinterpretation of my original post, I am confident that what you consider my "politics" to be, is also very much in your imagination.
I was under the impression that I had already corrected you and elaborated clearly in my last post. Again; "Both my posts concerning Villanueva simply referred to behaviour, manners and principle."
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Aye, it's no great victory yet you felt the need to post and link the image.

Do explain how such a piss-easy act of social conformism as standing for the national anthem is a show of behaviour and manners, and why it gave you a hard on.
:mrgreen:

Yeah I know what you mean soprano. The religious fervour associated with the murrican flag is really odd to see from outside sometimes.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

If you refuse to understand the two straight, direct and honest answers that I gave you and continue to falsely imply and mock, I can do no more for you.
You are free to imagine whatever you choose.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Blinge wrote:Yeah I know what you mean soprano. The religious fervour associated with the murrican flag is really odd to see from outside sometimes.
See, I'm not saying you should spit or burn flags, or farting loudly during the anthem or something. Our constitution, at least, say they are to be respected, and it is a crime to do so otherwise. Which is fair and correct.
It's also true that most football/soccer players in a national team, unlike American football players, aren't even from the respective countries at all, so that's something to think about.
Now, government or public officials disrespecting the symbols of a country IS something that should be addressed. I feel ashamed this happened in 2012: https://globalvoices.org/2012/10/08/por ... side-down/
Nothing came out of this, because it was the President. What would happen if Trump, or any other POTUS did this, even by accident? The second Civil War?
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Alright zen don't get your knickers in a twist mate.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I recently learned that them standing for the anthem wasn't even a thing until 2009 or something...
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I recently learned that Americans apparently care about whether someone stands up when their national anthem is playing? Wtf is this, nazi germany? Yes, I'm playing the nazi card here, because that's the only place nationalism fits.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

It's called misdirection guys. These people have explained why they are doing it and what they are trying to accomplish with it, but since Trump can't really address that or condemn them based on what they are ACTUALLY PROTESTING, he makes it about American pride and disrespecting the flag to whip his small base of supporters into a furor.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

jonny5 wrote:his small base of supporters
Unfortunately that small base includes people who are very rich and very connected and have been building up a political apparatus for decades devoted first and foremost to eradicating the New Deal and the idiot Clinton-wing of the Democrats have been only too happy to help out. Hopefully the Democrats have started to catch on that this is a suicidal strategy with the loss of Osoff, they're giving lip service to things like medicare for all and antitrust in ways that would have been unthinkable a year ago.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

More Bromances = safer people
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

This song is so hilariously bad I can't stop laughing! :lol:
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Spoiler
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/conkers-bad-f ... SwJe1Z32cq

At least the postage is reasonable :lol:
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Somehow I missed the news about Little Busters getting a Steam release.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... /913946529

On a related note, Muv Luv Alternative finally received its own Steam release last month. It's kind of scary how overwhelmingly positive the reviews are.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Rob

Post by Rob »

SPOILER: HYDE
Spoiler
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

8BA and his relationship with Alien 3 MD:
8BA, circa 2006, wrote:I got Alien 3 for the genny the day it was released over here in the US and i liked it for awhile just because it was Aliens and i was little but after awhile it got really old. I will admit though it was super tough. I'm not sure i ever beat it. Overall though i think i had the most fun with the Aliens Konami arcade game and Aliens Vs. Predator Capcom arcade.
8BA, circa 2012, wrote:I know most people probably won't agree, but it's because there's such a divide in the fans of the movie it's based on. The Genesis version is almost completely different from the other versions that were produced and I've always found it to be a wonderful test of skill.
8BA, circa 2015, wrote:The Genesis/MD version of Alien 3 is stellar, playing something like a cross between Rolling Thunder & Shinobi but with xenomorphs! The challenge is high, the music is tops, & there's no shortage of ammo.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

That is a really concerning, stalker-ish habit you have there. Considering the forum search function is average at best, I have no idea how long you spent to find those three quotes.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

I've come to accept it as a sweet thing, and a sweet gesture, no matter the shit situation that makes my friend a single mother. She is having her kid at the end of this month and has decided that she's honoring her dead grandpa and myself by using the name we both happen to have as her kid's middle name. I feel at times its like bragging to mention this.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Well those Alien 3 quotes make me very curious to check out the game now.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sumez wrote:Well those Alien 3 quotes make me very curious to check out the game now.
Prepare for disappoint ¦3
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Sumez wrote:Well those Alien 3 quotes make me very curious to check out the game now.
The first quote is most accurate, but it's not bad. Difficult to will yourself to finish. The SNES one is better IMO, more polished - but gets equally trying.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BIL

Post by BIL »

What in the sweet motherfucking Christ :lol:

Jeremy Lin’s Dreads And Kenyon Martin’s Chinese Tattoo Are A False Equivalency

They had an honest discussion about race, but the reality is one offense carries more weight than the other.

LOL STOP PLS

RIP the social justice thread. OTOH, the withering cultural neurosis apparent in that article most definitely made me smile. I have a fairly morbid sense of humour. 3;

To lighten the mood, please check out these sweet saggy grandma titties on Jim Sterling. Damn son. :shock:
Spoiler
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Urghgh

Bullshit cultural appropriation arguments (read: nearly all of them) are where I draw the line.
That part of the 'regressive left' really fucks me off.
It certainly doesn't make me smile!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I wonder when white DJs no longer will be allowed to play black artists' music. Or when male DJs will be banned from playing female artists' music.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.