... and it made me smile.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
chempop

Post by chempop »

reading my email for te first time in a week and reading a message from possibly my best student I've had in 8 years of teaching...

The link he sent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4qeL67R9YE

(just got to say that we look off beat for the lockin' because he dubbed the music but not timed perfectly... he needs to remix it, because we always rock on beat!)

This was from "senior night" of this year at the school I work at and have been with since '96. it is the last time I'll be on stage there because I'm finally moving on, so even though it made me smile... part of me was crying too. :roll:
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

undamned wrote:Wear your age proudly, Pa.
Oh I do. I have no problem with being in my 30s at all. It's the birthday ado I hate. There are starving down and out mofos out there that have nothing so why should people waste time, effort and money to have a party for a guy who's got it all (compared to the down and out starving mofos of this world)? When people get upset that I didn't tell them it was my birthday, that's what I always say. Most people don't get it. Even a little. Some people actually think about it though and it makes me think that I'm helping to put the whole self important American "fun through needless waste" scene into perspective.

Anyway, back to the smiley stuff: Yesterday my friend showed me a deserted beach spot not five minutes from my house. Put a smile on my face, but my dogs are going to go EFFING NUTS!!!

Pa
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

They sent me home after only three hours at work! :D

Mind, this was after two twelve-hour shifts :x
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Then get some sleep, before little dancing leprechauns appear before your eyes and tell you to burn people. :P

I also got sent home earlier yesterday, and got to spend the afternoon with Greg, watching movies and eating pizza.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

my girlfriend asked me if she could play a game with my Playstation 2 while I would take a bath

This is a first. Sometimes she comes along and play with me while I'm playing, or ask to play a game just to please me, and once when she found out I had Pac-Man on MAME, she spent a couple of hours playing it... But yesterday she asked to play alone, all by herself, and NO game machine was turned on at the time. She asked to TURN ON the Playstation.

That gave me a small smile.

It happens that other day I introduced her to Puyo Pop Fever, and she's just loving playing it on endless mode. Problem is that she just doesn't hear my tips... she plays on the analogue stick (I even suggested that if she wants to play with a stick, she should use the arcade stick, but she doesn't hear me), she doesn't look at the "next" piece, she doesn't make any planning, and it annoys me that she doesn't give a damn about the tips I give her ....

... and when she's about to lose, she just gives me the controller so I can save her, and when I put the game in a "stable" position, she just gives me a lot of kisses.

And then I do smile :)
fullblownaidzz

Post by fullblownaidzz »

Finally getting around to getting a copy of Dark Cloud 2 makes me smile. Shame i can't play it until saturday, because i don't have my ps2 with me. Maybe i'll pick up Rogue Galaxy too, that looks awesome.
popawell

Post by popawell »

"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?"

-Robot Chicken Star Wars Special :lol:
"There is always an exception to every rule."
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

fullblownaidzz wrote:Finally getting around to getting a copy of Dark Cloud 2 makes me smile. Shame i can't play it until saturday, because i don't have my ps2 with me. Maybe i'll pick up Rogue Galaxy too, that looks awesome.
I hear that game never ends.

Seeing the barge on the lake that was holding the fireworks for the 4th set fire made me smile.

Setting my shirt on fire while lighting off bottle rockets made me pissed. Then I smiled.

Going tubing on the lake yesterday and having the rope pulling me break made me smile.
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
Never_Scurred

Post by Never_Scurred »

Finally having enough saved to go toward my oral surgery.

That Soundwave video on youtube "roll out, bitch"

Going out bowling with a chick from from school tonight.

Finding the only copy of Godhand in St. Louis for $20 bucks yesterday.

Getting paid and not owing anyone shit.

Having the weekend off.

Talking to my General Chemistry teacher this afternoon.

Going a full two weeks without a toothache(that streak ended yesterday night)
"It's a joke how the Xbox platform has caught shit for years for only having shooters, but now it's taken on an entirely different meaning."-somebody on NeoGAF
Watch me make Ketsui my bitch.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

playing dig dug for the first time ever yesterday. i've been asking myself constantly how the hell i missed this one.
I have no sig whatsoever.
No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9Q ... ed&search=

Especially funny if you were big into the cartoon as a kid and remember details...

Prime: Ironhide, Prowl, Huffer, I want you three to...
Kupp: They're not here Prime.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

No_not_like_Quake wrote:The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime -

Especially funny if you were big into the cartoon as a kid and remember details...

ShitPiece... hahah

'You... brought me back to life?'
'It waaass an accident.'
'I thank you.'
:lol:
Oh man, what an awesome clip. Brings back memories from the show and the type of work FenslerFilm did.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

No_not_like_Quake wrote:The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime -

I'm glad someone on here found this. Let's go fuck galvatron right up his ass!

not literally.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

Taking a look at some hot chick's cleavage and feeling good that I'm one of the few guys out there who aren't considered creepy for doing it.

My gf going easy on me after work and not talking about some new purse that looks exactly like the last one she bought but yet she simply must have.

Taking a good long run and getting all the stress of the workday out of me.
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

Going tubing and nearly getting decapitated by the other ropes because we were pulling 4 tubes instead of the normal 2. Don't ask me why it made me smile, but it did.
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Found a way to transfer shows off my DVR into my PC. Justice League and Teen Titans FTW. :D
RotateMe

Post by RotateMe »

Today when I got to work I crossed a place where a bunch of little children were playing football. One of them shot the ball pretty hard, hit another kid and the ball ended up in my face with full force. As I turned around and just looked at the kids I must've had an angry look in my eyes altough it wasn't intended. You must've seen the faces of those children now. Everyone had nothing but fear in their eyes. I just had to smile and I said "quite a good shot" and all the kids were laughing in releaf.

Seriously though what did the kids think I'd do to them!? They must've had some serious experiences to get this kind of look when they do something wrong.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

I ate mushrooms with my girlfriend and spent the day lying in bed listening to Om. Quality.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

My old friends from 'back home' just paid a five day visit and we ran amok. If I was to try tell all of the foolish shit we managed to accomplish in the last five days it would fill up the whole internet. I smiled the whole time.

Pa
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

thinking that i used to be "morally opposed" to emulation.

someone was just asking about a decent superplay of a game elsewhere on the forums, and i mentioned the .inp's i've seen of it being played.

and it all started because i wanted to see tviks' speed up only multi-loop of gradius 3 asia... oh, the memories.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

hax0red a PSP. R-Type Delta on the go FTW.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

Specineff wrote:hax0red a PSP. R-Type Delta on the go FTW.
sweet.
undamned

Post by undamned »

Yeah, Lou showed me his modded PSP the other day. Harmful park, here we go! :D
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

undamned wrote:
Yeah, Lou showed me his modded PSP the other day. Harmful park, here we go! :D
-ud
people are making me jealous all over the place these days. :wink:
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

someone gave me a 20 inch computer monitor that has built in degauss.

tateable?
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Seeing this game announcement and trailer:

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/953/953313.html

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :D I LOVE Lego Star Wars! :D

And playing Ridge Racer 7, Gran Turismo 5, Formula One Championship Edition, and Genji: Days of the Blade demos at Circuit City this weekend-incredible looking (and playing) PS3 games that blew me away! :D
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Firing up my Dreamcast with my new homemade RGB cable and hearing that DC bootup sound. I was grinning from ear to ear. Home projects can be so rewarding :)

Pa
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

A couple nights ago, we had ourselves a nice, big thunderstorm. Not only was it a storm, it was storm that formed from two storms converging over us. It resulted in some serious winds being kicked up, a rather long downpour, a steady hour-plus rain after the heaviest stuff ended, and a light show that rivaled the last storm I talked about in here... except this one was more colorful. Yellow-orange, orange, pink-orange, pink, pink-violet, violet, blue-violet, blue and blue-green all lit the sky up. Long bolts snaked through the clouds, and some of them had several colors in one stroke. Saw some bead lightning, a few bolts that stayed lit up after the clouds had gotten dark (rather cool effect), and in general, a great show from my bay window.

About three hours later, it was storm time again. A second one blew in, and dumped heavy rain on us with yet another nice light show. This time though, the steady rain lasted for a couple hours after the heaviest stuff ended. When I went to bed, I was lulled to sleep by the rain outside.

For some more smiles, I picked up Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition for the XBox at my local flea market. The box has a few small dents, and the disc's got a few marks (nothing nasty though), but it's complete and thus far, it's working fine. Sure, I have the PC version, but I had read that the levels were adjusted for the XBox's limited memory to the point that it was like playing the game again for the first time. New rooms and hallways, enemy placements that were changed... stuff that made it feel new. So, for $10, I figured what the hell.

The XBox does a pretty good job with the game thanks to the skill of Vicarious Visions. The models look the same (or damn close), the special effects are there (though the game's not as dark), and the only real noticeable change was that the color looks like it went from 32bit to 16bit, and the levels have been altered or split into two levels due to memory constraints. Beyond that, it's pretty good, and it's offered a few surprises thus far.

It's also weird to play the original two Doom games on the XBox controller though. Takes some getting used to, but it's fun. The monster sounds seem to vary. One time they sound normal, the next time they sound a little higher pitched... like they put a little extra code into the game to vary it up. Regardless, it's good stuff.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Resident Evil 4 for the PS2. Untouched if you were to guess its state by looking at the box, disc and manual. $4 because the girl trading it in was only going to get $2 for it, and said, "That's it? I may as well keep the thing" when she learned this. I offered her double, and she said "It's yours". A smile? Indeed.
JoshF

Post by JoshF »

Death Crimson soundtrack. :D
MegaShock! | @ YouTube | Latest Update: Metal Slug No Up Lever No Miss