... and it made me smile.

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Skyline wrote:Last night proved to be quite entertaining. Helped my friend layout/build a soon-to-be multisystem arcade stick.

...out of a ramen box.

lulz ensued.

That made me smile!!!

Actually, my girlfriend kissed me for the heck of it yesterday...that made me smile. :)
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Roommate shit-talked about how he was gonna spank my ass at bowling.

I beat him by 2 pins. Spare-Strike at the 10th.

I made a scene at the bowling place.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGtV3JgXOac

A dutch guy starring in a long stop-animated movie. Funny and great. Plus, I like Holland, so that made me double-smile!
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

I got my Dreamcast repaired. :D
fl0w

Post by fl0w »

I got my cryptic "Heaven for cathodics" T-shirt

http://www.lafraise.com/product_info.ph ... =26603#vis
np: Image
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

Getting a root canal today, but then coming home to find Raiden 3 (pc) in my mail box. Oh and also coming home with a bottle of codine.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

malcolm wrote:Getting a root canal today, but then coming home to find Raiden 3 (pc) in my mail box. Oh and also coming home with a bottle of codine.
Liquid codeine=stomach ache.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
J-Manic

Post by J-Manic »

Watching "The Victim" for the first time the other day and witnessing some of the best kung fu scenes ever onscreen made me cheese real big.
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Making all the way through my entire birthday without anyone finding out :)

Pa
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

:) Seeing Dragon Blaze on this week's poll.

:D Seeing Dragon Blaze winning this week's poll.

Happy Birthday, Pa!
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

And we're back.

It took a good four hours, by my PC is all spiffy clean. I deleted stuff I wasn't using, defragmented my hard drive, updated my Nvidia drivers, did a spyware and virus scan in safe mode, and cleaned out the inside of my PC and graphics card.

The only thing missing is that new PC smell.
Never_Scurred

Post by Never_Scurred »

Getting an 98 on my algebra exam
Getting a 20(all twenty problems correct) on our Chemistry quiz
having an A average in both my classes-Chemistry and Intermediate Algebra
Seeing the biggest booty on a white girl tonight at the movies
Getting her phone number
playing Twinkle Star Sprites for the first time on a real Neo Geo
Playing a NEo Geo AES system for the first time
Reading Enough by Juan Williams
Getting my hair cut this afternoon
knowing I don't have to go back to work til next monday(the 13th)
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Three. Count 'em, three thunderstorms earlier this evening. One in the afternoon that gave us a glancing blow (short lived rain, but plenty of lightning and thunder), one about two hours after dinner (rained like hell, with very close lightning), and a third one about an hour after that one ended (lots of heavy rain, but the least amount of lightning and thunder).

Forecast for today? More storms and severe storms... possibly even more numerous than what was around yesterday.
eight

Post by eight »

Seeing that Contra 4 DS won't look like complete shit made me smile.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

contra for the ds- there's videos of it yet?

anyways- I smiled when I got close to beating the first boss in death label (ddpdoj)...sad I know..but it made me smile : )
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I had some DELICIOUS french toast last night.

I LOVE french toast.
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Squirrel wrote:I LOVE french toast.
Me too. I go to the diner around the corner a couple times a week and get either my special omelet (with fries instead of hashbrowns) or double French Toast. Because three slices is never enough. I used to eat there every day but I couldn't stay under 215 lbs.

Anyway the main thing that has me smiling all the time is hanging around with the three new puppies my friends have. Sally is a pitbull that the cops confiscated offa some teenage gangsters when she was only five weeks. They gave her to my vet, my vet showed her to me and I gave her to my jiu jitsu teacher. She is totally wild just like my Linda was when she was a baby. Here's a short video fo her helping us sweep the mat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfQl3VrZNmE

Rosie is an Olde English Bulldog (not to be confused with an English Bulldog or an American Bulldog) who is really super mellow. In fact I can't believe how mellow she is for being only ten weeks old. Here's a longer video with her playing with Linda. My other two dogs and LBJ with a busted knee all make appearances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgyjEuA9m7g

The third puppy is a borboel (sp?) which is sort of like a small African mastiff. He's a puppy, he's cute but he ain't a bulldog so he gets shortchanged by me. By my estimation he's less than half as smart as either Rosie or Sally. Plus his name is the retardedest: Tuga. Please. To me, if you don't name your dog something that you'd name a kid then you're disrespecting the dog. Much to his owners' chagrin, I call him Randy :) I have no vids of him.

The other thing that has kept me smiling for two weeks now is winning a tournament match by applying a submission hold known as the triangle keylock (aka: triangle americana or triangle shoulder lock). In all of my billions of hours of watching MMA fights and grappling tourneys I have never seen anyone win with a triangle keylock. If I had a pic or video I'd show it.

Pa
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

It's funny that after 1952 views, only 46 times has anyone had anything to smile about that was worth posting. Hell, three of the 46 posts are from me.

You miserable fucks need to smile more.

Pa
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

Disgaea/Disgaea 2 make me smile.

Getting lost at a state park while on a Cross Country run made me smile.

Getting kicked off the (kiddy) flying elephant ride at Silverwood theme park made me smile.
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Silverwood? Is that in Idaho?

Pa
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

Yeah. I live in Washington and every year during our summer training thing each of us gives our coach $45 and she rents a greyhound bus and hauls all of us to Idaho to run at Farragut State Park and then we spend 7 hours at Silverwood.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I crushed some asshole's foot because he was stepping on my arrows while I was playing DDR.
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Pirate1019 wrote:Yeah. I live in Washington and every year during our summer training thing each of us gives our coach $45 and she rents a greyhound bus and hauls all of us to Idaho to run at Farragut State Park and then we spend 7 hours at Silverwood.
Sounds like good clean fun. I used to live in Cd'A for the winter of 95-96 and drove past Silverwood every day to get to Schweitzer (sp?). That was a great winter.

The memories put a smile on my face too :)

Pa
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

Yeah, but 7 hours is a bit excessive. Especially on a weekday so there are no lines. You ride everything to the point where you only ride the roller coaster for the pictures of you they take mid-ride.

Cour d' Alene is actually somewhat of a second home for me. My aunt and Uncle live there and we would always go there for vacation during the summer. Hell, we're going up there for the 4th of July this year. I hope the barge on Hayden Lake holding the fireworks for the show catches flame like last year. :lol:

It made me smile.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

<polarityy> Benoit House show results
<polarityy> Hardcore death match: Chris Benoit d Nancy Benoit via submission
<polarityy> Submission death match: Chris Benoit d David Benoit via chokehold
<polarityy> Hang 'em high match: Weight machine cord d Chris Benoit via chokehold
<polarityy> Attendance: 3

..and it made me smile.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
undamned

Post by undamned »

Jon wrote:All the great new music that was released this week (The Junior Boys, Mastodon, and the new Album Leaf CD) definitely put a smile on my face. Seeing the season two of Dr. Katz DVD set finally get a release date also pleased me to no end. :)
Thanks for telling me, jerk :D
dave4shmups wrote:And reflecting on the fact that, 10 years ago this week, I began my personal relationship with Christ. And His undying love, strength, and forgiveness in my life ever since!! :D
Excellent!
TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:Actually, my girlfriend kissed me for the heck of it yesterday...that made me smile. :)
Isn't that the greatest!
PaCrappa wrote:Making all the way through my entire birthday without anyone finding out :)
Wear your age proudly, Pa.

Ok, for mine :D I've been dating this gal for a month now and she's absolutely ridiculous. Too much goodness in one human being. She makes me smile.

-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
icepick

Post by icepick »

Lots of stuff in this topic made me smile just now. :) It's a great topic.

The other day, I had the funniest fall on my skateboard. There were a mom and a dad and a kid on a walk and crossing the street, and I even thought to myself that I shouldn't be doing what I was doing since I was working on something else and didn't want to carelessly get hurt.

I must've rolled around three times in different directions, and it all seemed to happen in slow motion so it stood out that I was planning the next step of the roll as I came to it... I noticed that I'd end up rolling in a backwards somersault (?!), and I knew the people were watching and might be worrying, so I finished in a kneeling position with both of my arms in the air. The kid goes "... ARE YOU OKAY?!" and I go "yeah! thanks!" and stood up to brush myself off (I was wearing kind of a nice buttoned shirt).

Really, I didn't quite hurt anything (no scrapes or bruises) so I was fine, but it must've looked so funny. I couldn't help but smile as I went back to where my water bottle was, to have a drink. The people had continued on their way, but the kid was on inline skates and I noticed him skate back a bit to see if I was actually alright, and then went to catch back up with the mom and dad.

I noticed after a bit that my ankle hurt a little, so I laid down in the grass and looked at the cloudy sky. That made me smile too; it was a really nice evening.

PS- I like French toast too! I'm slowly figuring out how to make it nicely.
PPS- I think it's pretty rude when people step on your arrows while you're playing DDR. I'm sure that they just want attention, but it's not like the attention is going to be very positive when they do that.
\\ /\/\ \
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

I just called Fedex to leave a compliment for the employee who helped me pack and ship the monitor I sold to Piratero. She really went above and beyond the call of duty, and was very nice and helpful while at it. A real angel in uniform, and the kind of people companies should be looking for while hiring for their counters. Bet her manager will be happy to get the report, just as the person who took my call was.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

When I remembered about Fire Tripper from Salamander 2, that easily made my day. :)
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Monk 0 Nuggets

Post by Monk 0 Nuggets »

Today wasn't the best of days, but ordering 4 new pairs of 1/2" organic earrings made me smile. I haven't gotten any new earrings in about 2 years, and to move from 00g to 1/2" is exciting. These earrings aren't cheap either, so getting 4 pairs is fun indeed.

I bought them at http://www.onetribe.nu if you want to check out some organic jewelry. Sweet folks.