The Official Cool PCB You Just Got Thread!

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L »

"Youjyuden" is the latest and hopefully next week i will get "R-Type" from Sven666 :D

yojo!

Post by yojo! »

I just bought some obscure 2D shooters:

-Fighter & Attacker
-Eight Force
-Sky smasher
-Mystic Rider
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Post by Raidenfighter Kirkov »

sven666 wrote:RFK> ive got original SNK rotary sticks if youre interested, $75 including shipping for a pair..
Hi !

Thx for the offer...but i really dont want those obscure sticks in my nice astro city cab.
:wink: :lol:

And to buy a cab only for some ls 30 stick games ?
Naaahhh too much trouble.

Greetings
RFK
Neon

Post by Neon »

Got Star Trigon from GaijinPunch recently.

Still haven't fixed the SG :lol:
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Cowabunga !

Recieved the 4 player edition of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.

Superb side scrolling game.

Greetings
RFK
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Its punishing time again.

Recieved Growl (sidescrolling hack and slay made by Taito) and Crime City (side scrolling shooter by Taito, very similar to the classic Rolling Thunder made by Namco).

Greetings
RFK
zinger

Post by zinger »

Raidenfighter Kirkov wrote:Its punishing time again.

Recieved Growl (sidescrolling hack and slay made by Taito) and Crime City (side scrolling shooter by Taito, very similar to the classic Rolling Thunder made by Namco).

Greetings
RFK
Ah, Growl is one of my favourites (take a look at my avatar, it's the last boss from that game:))! The only beat 'em up I can play properly (as in, having fun while playing it, it's pretty hard still). Really, really weird game if you pay attention to what's actually happening, with some of the greatest voice samples and engrish ever. :) I just wish I had a 4-player control panel...
SOUNDSHOCK
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Hi !

You are right...the voice samples are really great; engrish at his best :wink: )

I have a 4 Player Arcade machine. So i think its time to work on a 4 player adapter for growl.

BTW: The music is fantastic. Reminds me of Gunfrontier (the same sad melancholic theme...gunfrontier has one of the coolest intros i have ever seen and the last boss fight is terrific)

Back to growl: I think you have lost if you loose your weapon (best ones are the whip and the sword).

Greetings
RFK
Last edited by Raidenfighter Kirkov on Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zinger

Post by zinger »

Raidenfighter Kirkov wrote:BTW: The music is fantastic. Reminds me of Gunfrontier (the same sad melancholic theme...gunfrontier has one of the coolest intros i have ever seen and the last boss fight is terrific)
Ah yes, it's by the same composer; Yasuhisa "Yack" Watanabe (who also did Border Down, Elevator Action Returns and Metal Black which is my favourite, to name a few). A very good and varied soundtrack indeed!

"Get lost, you wisp" :lol:
SOUNDSHOCK
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Ohhhh...all these soundtracks rock.
Especially the Border Down music is extreme untypical for a shoot em up.

*i would call it "jazzy"*

Greetings
RFK
Raidenfighter Kirkov

New pcbs arrived today.

1) Hellnight (brilliant lightgun shooter made by konami in 1998; uses the M2 hardware).

I got the pcb with all the three lightguns (2 pistols and one pumpgun).
The game is a nice clone of the famous "the house of the dead" made by sega.
The pumpgun rules.

Really nice game, and it was damn cheap *hurrah*

2) NBA Jam Extreme (ok another Basketball game, this time with 3d graphics).

Awaiting further packages.
:wink:

Greetings
RFK
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Hi again !

Huge update for my arcade pcb collection:

1) 1942 (classic shooter by Capcom)

2) 1943 (sequel to 1942, nice shooter by capcom)

3) Galaxian (first arcadegame with colours, made by Namco, classic shooter)

4) Phoenix (who really has made this game...taito ?, splendid game, i really like the music by beethoven)

5) Space Panik (classic platform game form the early 80ies, to sad i didnt get the rare german version)

6) Double Dragon (sidescrolling beat em up, true classic, so i have to get the other two double dragon games too)

7) Mr. Do´s Wild Ride (the last game in the Mr. Do series, classic labyrinth game)

8) Chamelon (very very strange game made in the early 80ies...platform game like donkey kong)

9) Bomberlord (very nice bomberman clonewith a huge amount of extra weapons)

10) Mr. Do Run Run (oh...Mr. Do again...nice game, but nothing can beat the original Mr. Do (one of the fist pcbs i have bought))

11) Crude Buster (sidescrolling beat em up made by data east...nice slogans => what a day !)

12) Dreamland (Bubble Bobble bootleg...Bubble Bobble is one of the best platform games aver made)

13) Kageki (Beat em up by taito...hm...trashie gameplay if you ask me)

14) Pirates (nice shooter similar to CABAL with tons of voice samples. made by NIX (nice name...in german NIX means nothing :wink: )

15) Punk Shot (basketball game by Konami)

16) Rainbow Island (very nice sequel to Bubble Bobble)

17) Rastan Saga (fantasy Jump and Slay made by Taito)

18) Mr. Do´s Castle (second part of the series, very nice gameplay)

19) Jail Break (classic game by Konami)

20) Super Contra (us version, what the heck...this pcb is twice the size of the japaneseversion :shock: )

21) Super Bubble Bobble (another clone of Bubble Bobble...you can never have too much Bubble Bobble :lol: )

22) Gaplus (very nice sequel to Galaga, damn difficult)

23) Combat School (similar to track and field, by Konami)

Greetings
RFK
CIT

Post by CIT »

Uh... this is gonna sound really puny compared to RFK's massive new PCB load, but I picked up a Blazing Star MVS cart this weekend. Great, huh? ;)
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

CIT wrote:Uh... this is gonna sound really puny compared to RFK's massive new PCB load, but I picked up a Blazing Star MVS cart this weekend. Great, huh? ;)
Quite great indeed, Blazing Star is ace 8)

My latest purchase is a Last Blade MVS cart.
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Yes, Blazing Star and Last Blade are really great games.

SNK at his best.

Greetings
RFK
sven666

Post by sven666 »

the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Hi !

Very nice Strikers 1999 kit.

Little update for my arcade collection:

Newzealand Story (very nice cude Jump and Shoot game by Taito)

First the pcb has no sound. I used different arcade cabs, checked the - 5 volt etc. etc.: result: no soudn at all

At last i noticed a very very small thin wire on the jamma connector.
This wire went from pin 10 (component side) to pin 10 (solder side) :shock:

So i desoldered the wire and VOILA the pcb runs perfect...with sound.

Greetings
RFK
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Hi !

Another nice pcb joined the collection.
House of the Dead 1 (model 2 C CRX board) with header, guns sound and i/o board.

Now i have to find the original manual or a connector guid to run the game in my astro city cab.

If there is someone with tech infos for this game, please send me a pm.

Greetings
RFK
sven666

Post by sven666 »

model 2 & 3 share the same pinout if i remmeber correctly, only the special controls that differ (from game to game) but since hotd uses lightguns i dont think it'll matter.

i made an adapter once but its long since sold and i dont have the pinout chart anymore, im sure a sly google session will suss it out tho :)
if not there are adapters for sale on excellent/cosmico...

nice find btw.. hotd rocks!
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Hi !

Thx for the information.
The normal connection will be no problem.
The problem is the sepcial connection for the gun i/o board.

Greetings
RFK
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Oh happy day! Finally got myself a complete mushi kit. :D

All the artwork, instructions, etc are brand new, never used. The auction didn't mention the box, but the guy included the original box and bubblewrap! What a treat. Got it from Yahoo.jp auctions for $762 including Rinkya fees. A pretty good deal I think. :D

The guy also gave me the mushi soundtrack CD (complete/mint), one mushi promo page, one mushi promo postcard, and Ibara and Pink Sweets promo pages, all in brand new condition protected in plastic sleeves. Not sure what any of those are worth though (the back of the Ibara one has directions on how to make a cut-out finger fan thingie out of the promo page).
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Just got it today, too bad I can't play it til I make a board for it. When I tried connecting it to my cab it was like the connector was too tight for the board and I kept feeling like I was about to break the thing. Also, that is one small PCB. Compared to my two others that shit is tiny.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Congrats, Acid King! I'm sure you'll love Galuda 2. Be sure to join in on the hi score thread once you get the board up and running. :wink:
bay

Post by bay »

twe wrote:Oh happy day! Finally got myself a complete mushi kit. :D
so that was you that nabbed that kit, unfortunately i didn't have the fundage at the time :( now i'm back to looking for a mushi, but with the holidays i don't see myself having extra $ till january.

enjoy it!
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Thanks bay. Keep hunting for a mushi board, they're dropping a bit in price nowadays. And yeah, this is the auction I won:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h45121595
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

twe wrote:Congrats, Acid King! I'm sure you'll love Galuda 2. Be sure to join in on the hi score thread once you get the board up and running. :wink:
Oh for shizzle. I'm at a disadvantage a bit though since I don't have a fourth button for full auto but I'll give it... just a couple more shots!!!
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
sven666

Post by sven666 »

following the trend..

mine was $100 cheaper than twe's :P oh and thanx to twe for hooking me up with his spare original manual (which the one i bought was missing) :)

also got strahl, dogyun and wow fantasia kits but i cant be arsed to take pics..
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Nice kit Sven. Seems after you bought my extra artwork we paid about the same though. :wink:

It's nice that mushi kits are finally somewhat affordable. Not sure how long that will last however.
bay

Post by bay »

twe wrote:Nice kit Sven. Seems after you bought my extra artwork we paid about the same though. :wink:

It's nice that mushi kits are finally somewhat affordable. Not sure how long that will last however.
i want mushikit!!!!!!!!!111one!!1eleven! :?
Raidenfighter Kirkov

sven666 wrote:following the trend..

also got strahl, dogyun and wow fantasia kits but i cant be arsed to take pics..
Strahl is a nice shooter.Did you get an original one or a bootleg version ?

Meanwhile im am hunting down a lost world kit (model 3 pcb with guns, gun pcb, sensors and amplifier).

Did you ever had a time crisis pcb ? Do you know how to make a jamma adapter for this game ?
I could buy a time crisis kit from the same guy who sold me the house of the dead kit.

Greetings
RFK