shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:43 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 386  Next

Iran War. When.
2021 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
2022-2025 27%  27%  [ 10 ]
2026-2030 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
2031-2040 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
2041-2050 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Never 49%  49%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 37
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 1689
Dude just went on InfoWars wearing an executioner's hood and had something of an epic time.

Image

Quote:
“They did good things too—we gotta stop dissing the Nazis all the time,” Ye said to Jones.

“I love Jewish people but I also love Nazis,” he added later.

To put it lightly, the show was an erratic mess. In addition to Ye’s prop comedy involving a small fishing net and a bottle of Yoo-hoo chocolate milk, he also took a call from far-right troll Laura Loomer. (“How does she have your number?” Jones asked in confusion.) Ye also claimed he was a vessel for God, led the room in long prayers he wrote, and read out antisemitic jokes about conservative commentator Ben Shapiro.


I just need to take a deep breath here before CTRL+V-ing this next one.

hhhhhhhhhh.....

Ok.

Quote:
"No one in their high school knew what antisemitism was until Ye made it popular,” Ye proudly declared at one point.


>_>

Being a mentally deficient nazi is one thing, there's tons of those. But questioning my high school vocabulary? Fuck you Yeezy.

Quote:
"Every human being has something of value that they brought to the table, especially Hitler," West said.

"You’ve got a little bit of a Hitler fetish going on,” Jones said at one point.

“It's not a fetish! I just love information,” Ye responded.

Jones also didn’t seem to be having a terrible time, declaring in the second hour of the show, “this is lit!”


https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d3av3/kanye-west-says-he-likes-hitler-alex-jones

I think this is less of an ongoing post-divorce meltdown and more of a diffusion of the electromagnetic forces holding him together at a subatomic level. Meanwhile Jones is looking at this man like "You're speaking everything I wish I could let out of my heart. You truly are this generation's poet laureate."

Mischief Maker wrote:
This is my president!

Image


The resemblance is uncanny, but if you look closely you can see that the shape of the Iga flame pipe is slightly different from the real Biden's.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:10 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 17528
Location: Auckland
Image Image Image

It's always such good fun, watching numbskulls of all political stripes attempt to swig from this particular polonium-laced hip flask; all in the fatal pursuit of affected, at-least-the-trains-ran-on-time, Well Aykshualy insouciance. It never works; the great taste of industrialised mass murder is just too strong. 3;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5932776/l ... ntre-sign/

*wracking cough* "No, you don't get it! It was actually a hilarious - yet insightful! - joke about" *blaring EKG*

(yes, I know; the Holodomor and Great Leap Forward and Killing Fields and ripped-out fingernails littering a roach-infested cell somewhere under Havana, etc etc - you're right, pampered first-world pussyholes should get curb-stomped for flirting with that stuff too! but don't have a cry about it ffs 3;)

Quote:
he also took a call from far-right troll Laura Loomer. (“How does she have your number?” Jones asked in confusion.)


You know things are hitting terminal decay when this sket shows up, her battered ham sandwich in tow somewhere just behind. Image

...wait. Image Has anyone ever seen Kanye and Professor Griff in the same room? :shock: (whether you answer "yes" or "no," the outcome is equally Naziriffic; Schrodinger's black Brownshirt, you might say :cool:)
_________________
Image
光あふれる 未来もとめて, whoa~oh
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [STAB & STOMP]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 2758
PPP is in the news again and we're hunting fraudsters--again. Well, some of them... Not all of them.

https://scientologymoneyproject.com/202 ... -business/
_________________
We apologise for the inconvenience


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 5472
Kanye going full Taqu'il, eh?

I always found it hilarious that that character was voiced by Killer Mike. It's the wonderful little things in the world, you know?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 13654
Location: Wherever.
Sengoku Strider wrote:
Dude just went on InfoWars wearing an executioner's hood and had something of an epic time.

And right on cue, the pussies start dribbling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: ...and just when I thought the pussification couldn't get any soggier, their response to the question of why they didn't delete the tweet in the face of Kanye's ongoing cascade of anti-Semitism leading up to the Alex Jones appearance is nothing short of a deluge of salty, mewling brine. :lol:
_________________
Glossary / Discussion / The Bizaar / Vasara HS


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:39 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 17528
Location: Auckland
BryanM wrote:


("...but not the good kind, that you want") :lol:

Quote:
I always found it hilarious that that character was voiced by Killer Mike. It's the wonderful little things in the world, you know?


See Bryan? Life's not all bad. :3 Chris Chan's Dimensional Merge has been a hoot!
_________________
Image
光あふれる 未来もとめて, whoa~oh
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [STAB & STOMP]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:17 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18669
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
did you guys catch the San Francisco Board of Supervisors vote on KILLER ROBOTS

The initial reports sounded really bad. The latest statements are improved but still sound quite questionable - the idea that robots should do anything more than dispense less-lethal options is a direct line to a very bad series of escalations in the arms race / human annihilation.
https://apnews.com/article/police-san-f ... e6a0754aa5

RE: the previous page's arms race discussion: I'm pretty disenchanted about the state of arms proliferation in the US. It can get even worse, but the "lefties can't be armed" argument could be unilateral disarmament and also not likely to be good. The question for me is if said "lefties" are going to mirror the right-wing tactic of using arms and their display to intimidate and force, or whether they're more narrowly intended for defense. Absent some high-profile appearances of Bad Libs With Guns Scaring Children, which reliably spooks the rules for thee but not me crowd, we'll probably have to wait two years to get anything good going on. This midterm election was somewhat promising but I think many people are misreading it as a popular mandate for untested platform proposals. Roe v. Wade provoked a number of states to adopt constitutional abortion rights, but Ulvade was super bad and still didn't bring down Abbott in Texas, one of the least fit governors in the history of the US.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 17528
Location: Auckland
Ed Oscuro wrote:
did you guys catch the San Francisco Board of Supervisors vote on KILLER ROBOTS

The initial reports sounded really bad. The latest statements are improved but still sound quite questionable - the idea that robots should do anything more than dispense less-lethal options is a direct line to a very bad series of escalations in the arms race / human annihilation.
https://apnews.com/article/police-san-f ... e6a0754aa5


tbh if they voted against it and I were a copper I'd just steal me little lad's R/C car while he weren't looking :o Would save a Robo Life! :shock:

DALLAS (AP) — Dallas Police Department SWAT team members say they told a sniper that a robot would be carrying a phone — not explosives — down the long hallway where he had holed up during a standoff after his ambush attack that killed five officers on July 7, 2016.

"Ok, sir! We're sending you your fish sandwich! From Wendy's! Aight Jonny light this muhfucka up, inshallah Image"

Some cold comfort that for now, oppressed Robo Slaves are merely catspaws for the dark heart of Man 3; Jonny 5 (edit: not jonny5!) in the dock @ Nuremberg after he rolled up and RPGd your crib bcos he heard from Great Value Intel Co that Terror Majoob was seen visiting his grandma across the street last Tuesday, now that gon be some authentic Robo Terror :shock:
_________________
Image
光あふれる 未来もとめて, whoa~oh
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [STAB & STOMP]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:59 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2022
Posts: 534
Location: Minnesota
Ed Oscuro wrote:
The question for me is if said "lefties" are going to mirror the right-wing tactic of using arms and their display to intimidate and force, or whether they're more narrowly intended for defense.


The problem is that this determination is ENTIRELY subjective. Were armed Black Panthers shadowing the police attempting to intimidate them, or were they merely trying to defend their community? Who gets to determine the difference between intimidation and defense?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 2758
Air Master Burst wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:
The question for me is if said "lefties" are going to mirror the right-wing tactic of using arms and their display to intimidate and force, or whether they're more narrowly intended for defense.


The problem is that this determination is ENTIRELY subjective. Were armed Black Panthers shadowing the police attempting to intimidate them, or were they merely trying to defend their community? Who gets to determine the difference between intimidation and defense?


Brandishing and parading firearms in front of others is intimidation by design. And, when two people start pointing deadly weapons at one another, they each expect the other to blink. Of course, the kind of person that goes around pointing guns at other people probably doesn't give a shit (by nature). After everyone involved fails to get the "respect" and complete capitulation they expect, the escalating danger of a shootout is predictable.

This may help. Is North Korea defending it's community when it launches these missile "tests"? We all know what that is. Really no different than getting into some protest or parade and pointing a gun around. Doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe, the gun shouldn't be there. It's not about protection, it's about trying to intimidate others.
_________________
We apologise for the inconvenience


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2022
Posts: 534
Location: Minnesota
orange808 wrote:
This may help. Is North Korea defending it's community when it launches these missile "tests"? We all know what that is. Really no different than getting into some protest or parade and pointing a gun around. Doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe, the gun shouldn't be there. It's not about protection, it's about trying to intimidate others.


We're really equating the Black Panthers to North Korean nuclear tests? Good heavens.

See, this is why I don't fuck with liberals and put no faith in their ability to protect my rights as a minority. People like me are regularly targeted by violence. The police won't help me, they'll just arrest me after the fact for defending myself, and maybe get a few licks in themselves just for fun. Surely you can appreciate the fact that brandishing a gun once in a while is a good way to prevent violence? It's worked in the past, most bullies just want an easy target and won't fuck around with someone they know is armed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 2758
Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:
This may help. Is North Korea defending it's community when it launches these missile "tests"? We all know what that is. Really no different than getting into some protest or parade and pointing a gun around. Doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe, the gun shouldn't be there. It's not about protection, it's about trying to intimidate others.


We're really equating the Black Panthers to North Korean nuclear tests? Good heavens.

See, this is why I don't fuck with liberals and put no faith in their ability to protect my rights as a minority. People like me are regularly targeted by violence. The police won't help me, they'll just arrest me after the fact for defending myself, and maybe get a few licks in themselves just for fun. Surely you can appreciate the fact that brandishing a gun once in a while is a good way to prevent violence? It's worked in the past, most bullies just want an easy target and won't fuck around with someone they know is armed.


Yes. Those fuckers pointing guns at each other at the protest (and the resulting "self defense" was deterrence in action!!). Everyone knew not to "fuck" with one another, right?? ?

And, when someone did start shooting, he had the right to gun down anyone--even a guy with a skateboard.

Oh yes, everyone knew not to fuck with all the tough guys with a guns. :lol:

It happened exactly the way I described it.

Let's face it, you can't wait to play out your own personal book of revelations and finally have that armageddon showdown, when someone has a gun and doesn't immediately bow before you..And, there's lots of righties that feel the same way. And, you're locked in an arms race together. And, I have to live next door. Fuck.

The Black Panthers got results? ??? Did they? It's debatable.
_________________
We apologise for the inconvenience


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18669
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
The basic problem with the self-defense guns issue is that what's good for society isn't always good for the individual.
Air Master Burst wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:
The question for me is if said "lefties" are going to mirror the right-wing tactic of using arms and their display to intimidate and force, or whether they're more narrowly intended for defense.


The problem is that this determination is ENTIRELY subjective.

That's downstream of the problem of Fox News already painting leftists as violent and lawless. Fox News and the NRA already have a tendency to dismiss black gun owners who defend themselves, because they know a big part of their audience are racists. Meanwhile, Fox and other like media mouthpieces have already been inciting violence against leftists and minorities regularly. So this 'subjective' concern has limited appeal to me.

But that's ultimately the PR side of things. Two questions are more important:
One: Can lefties get guns and shoot people who use violence against them? Physically speaking, yes, lefties can get guns and use them.
Two: Can lefties justify Defensive Gun Use and get out of jail like Kyle Rittenhouse? Yes, once again. The standard for Rittenhouse was not "does this little bastard have shitty politics," but rather "did he fear for his life?" In the exact same situation with the roles reversed the law says that a leftist can shoot first just like Rittenhouse did. Granted, you can't count on justice being totally blind. But when it comes down to it, the need for some left and minority people to defend themselves from random acts of right-wing violence isn't contingent upon waiting for fair treatment by the rest of the system. Far from it, in fact.

I'm not making the argument that the far left is somehow especially better than the right wing when it comes to gun battles on the streets. That's not what normal people want. But the idea that there is a legal amnesty for right-wing violence or that somehow it's bad when a leftist or minority defends their life is mistaken.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2022
Posts: 534
Location: Minnesota
orange808 wrote:
Let's face it, you can't wait to play out your own personal book of revelations and finally have that armageddon showdown, when someone has a gun and doesn't immediately bow before you..And, there's lots of righties that feel the same way.


See, this is a perfect example. Somehow my desire to not be targeted by hate crimes and some idiot fascist's desire to target me with hate crimes is an arms race where both sides are the same.

I don't want to have to own a gun. I really don't want to have to shoot at anyone again, I had more than my fill of that shit in the army. But for SOME STRANGE REASON my desire to live my life in peace as an open queer person trumps both of those other desires when it comes right down to it. The fact that you can't understand this is exactly why we have to stay armed, because NOBODY ELSE has our backs.

orange808 wrote:
The Black Panthers got results? ??? Did they? It's debatable.


I mean, there was the whole Mulford Act thing.

But they also established free breakfast programs for children, community medical centers in underserviced areas, clothing drives, and shit like that. The FBI considered them so much of a threat they assassinated Fred Hampton. Whether you consider that "results" is, I guess, debatable like you said.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:39 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 13654
Location: Wherever.
Air Master Burst wrote:

The handful of Reagan quotes in there are nothing short of priceless.
_________________
Glossary / Discussion / The Bizaar / Vasara HS


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:54 am 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 18669
Location: uoıʇɐɹnƃıɟuoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs
Yeah, minorities always go it alone. As a rule. That's reportedly a big part of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas' worldview: I've read he was a Black Panther in his college days. Now, I don't know how you get from that to some of his rulings, but it's strangely a point people on different sides of the political spectrum sometimes agree upon.

Shorter version:
Social and legal framework for de-escalating the 2A arms race - still very much necessary.
At an individual level - some people rightly feel that they need arms for protection. There's no 100% guarantee they will be right, but if you get this wrong and aren't prepared, that's a bad consequence. Of course, the consequences of being paranoid and shooting are ALSO bad. But I don't have the right to be paternalistic about this, just have to point out that we have some compelling sets of statistics that paint different pictures depending on whether you're looking at crime in your hood, or your state, or nationally, and also internationally. Ideally, we would have far less armed people meandering about.

FWIW, I just go walking around like a loon with nothing for self protection. I'm trying not to add to the problem. But it's damn hard to be optimistic sometimes when locals have "ARMED SOCIETY IS POLITE SOCIETY" bumper stickers...

Disappointed that we still aren't talking about the killer robutts.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:30 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 17528
Location: Auckland
I asked my grandpa about the robot situation and he said "it's not the yanks you need to worry about it's those MOTHERLESS NIP FUCKS" so idk, see you all in the future war bunker flashback I suppose, I'm gonna go work on my cardio. :o

Image

Ed Oscuro wrote:
FWIW, I just go walking around like a loon with nothing for self protection. I'm trying not to add to the problem.


Take care Ed. Mostly in knowing where not to walk, from what I've seen (that and a lucky "where ur hood at" stat, or a good "move TF away" one failing that). I'd regretfully but nonetheless unhesitatingly tool up if I moved stateside again, not that I plan to (lucky on both counts). Not a gun nut like my crazy racist uncle and his glovebox of cornered fury, just a reluctant resident of the ol' homo homini lupus feedback loop. 3; A homoskeptual, you might say. I'd bust a fuckin mournful cap for you and AMB and orange too, my burger brothers in Christ/Dharma/Superman! (`w´メ) He knows the righteous beset by all kinds a bad shit
_________________
Image
光あふれる 未来もとめて, whoa~oh
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [STAB & STOMP]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:53 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2022
Posts: 534
Location: Minnesota
Killer robots sounds like some incredible dark humor material. Like, the combination of random lethal danger and those sad-ass videos where robots try to walk up a staircase or something and fail in spectacular fashion sounds like black comedy GOLD. Sorta like if you put America's Funniest Home Video sounds to ED 209 clips.

I for one can't wait to see what happens when the technology gets reliable enough for rich people to replace all their servants and security guards with robots. Maybe finally realize the dream of making homelessness and poverty punishable by death? Exciting!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:07 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 17528
Location: Auckland
Air Master Burst wrote:
Like, the combination of random lethal danger and those sad-ass videos where robots try to walk up a staircase or something and fail in spectacular fashion sounds like black comedy GOLD.


I know!

Image

Just put a hair-trigger uzi in he little robo-hand, and whoops! Tired old staircase tumble routines are reborn phoenixesque, in a blaze of crowd-scything gunfire! Image
_________________
Image
光あふれる 未来もとめて, whoa~oh
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [STAB & STOMP]


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 4771
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHcLBzuI6vk
_________________
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 2758
Air Master Burst wrote:
But they also established free breakfast programs for children, community medical centers in underserviced areas, clothing drives, and shit like that. The FBI considered them so much of a threat they assassinated Fred Hampton. Whether you consider that "results" is, I guess, debatable like you said.


You knew exactly what I meant. You aren't arguing honestly. You knew I was talking about the guns.

I don't see anything in there that was accomplished by brandishing guns. Did they shoot breakfast, doctors, clothes, "and shit" out of their guns?

:mrgreen:

You mention plenty of things that actually do work and they can have very positive affects on communities--and they can (ultimately) make them safer, too. Those old white men didn't change their minds because of the guns, they died or got drown out in the shift of public opinion. With the last of them gasping on their oxygen in Florida, shitting their adult diapers, and complaining about Disney--and entropy will soon silence their voices forever. The trick is making sure they don't have anyone to carry the torch after they collapse and that's on all of us.
_________________
We apologise for the inconvenience


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:49 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2022
Posts: 534
Location: Minnesota
orange808 wrote:
Air Master Burst wrote:
But they also established free breakfast programs for children, community medical centers in underserviced areas, clothing drives, and shit like that. The FBI considered them so much of a threat they assassinated Fred Hampton. Whether you consider that "results" is, I guess, debatable like you said.


You knew exactly what I meant. You aren't arguing honestly. You knew I was talking about the guns.

I don't see anything in there that was accomplished by brandishing guns. Did they shoot breakfast, doctors, clothes, "and shit" out of their guns?


Air Master Burst wrote:


Shockingly, there are no recorded statistics on how many cops decided not to abuse their power because armed citizens were actively policing them. Personally, I would definitely put sweeping gun reform in the "results" column, but I'm also not the one advocating for sweeping gun reform.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:21 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 2758
Ain't that something?

There's secret information on all these politicians that I'm not supposed to know...

But.. nothing about Bernie Sanders.

And, he was the unelectable one. Stay classy, everyone! :lol:
_________________
We apologise for the inconvenience


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:22 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 2758
Air Master Burst wrote:
orange808 wrote:
Air Master Burst wrote:
But they also established free breakfast programs for children, community medical centers in underserviced areas, clothing drives, and shit like that. The FBI considered them so much of a threat they assassinated Fred Hampton. Whether you consider that "results" is, I guess, debatable like you said.


You knew exactly what I meant. You aren't arguing honestly. You knew I was talking about the guns.

I don't see anything in there that was accomplished by brandishing guns. Did they shoot breakfast, doctors, clothes, "and shit" out of their guns?


Air Master Burst wrote:


Shockingly, there are no recorded statistics on how many cops decided not to abuse their power because armed citizens were actively policing them. Personally, I would definitely put sweeping gun reform in the "results" column, but I'm also not the one advocating for sweeping gun reform.


What actively polices the authorities now?

Cameras or guns?

The guns didn't do the work back then, either. The press stopped playing ball with the right and pushed back. That ultimately led to things like Fox News, because they couldn't get anyone to play along. Nothing really gets done pointing guns around.
_________________
We apologise for the inconvenience


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 892
Congress and the president have just made it illegal for railroad union workers to go on strike, effectively forcing them to accept whatever conditions the railroad owners want.

Anyone who still thinks the Democrats aren't just Republicans with better branding is a fucking moron.
Anyone who still believes "capitalism is just voluntary interactions" is a fucking moron.
Anyone who still thinks working class people can get what they want from 90 year old pedophiles who control both the government and big business by simply voting or asking nicely is a fucking moron.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 5472
The DARPA robot challenge back in the day was a poopshow. A far cry from the Boston Dynamics ads.

The hope was that it would be like the self driving car thing: complete failure the first year, followed by massive gains on the problem in the years to follow. It... still hasn't worked out as well, for robots. Even Google's cutting edge doesn't have legs. Legs are hard.

So I guess the first generation killbots on the ground will be like garbage cans on wheels. Daleks, basically. Who says scifi can't predict the future?

(.... ok ok... they would just be stupid little cars. Reality is boring, boooooo.)

Google's mobile trashcan is pretty impressive, though. You can tell it "go fetch me that coke over there", and 70% of the time, it'll succeed in its mission after ~7 minutes! Incredible. We're living in the Jetson's.

Vanguard wrote:
Anyone who still thinks the Democrats aren't just Republicans with better branding is a fucking moron.
Anyone who still believes "capitalism is just voluntary interactions" is a fucking moron.
Anyone who still thinks working class people can get what they want from 90 year old pedophiles who control both the government and big business by simply voting or asking nicely is a fucking moron.


I feel ya, man.

... it's only going to get worse before it gets worse. Fashier and fashier.

One of these days they're probably going to abolish money, but not in a good way, like you'd want. Money for the few, ole timey monopoly money for the rest.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 2758
BryanM wrote:
One of these days they're probably going to abolish money, but not in a good way, like you'd want. Money for the few, ole timey monopoly money for the rest.


Fun trivia fact about that:

Most everyone agrees that Egyptian grave robbers were paid a pittance. Probably some food and a few small items. Egypt had no currency. Only the extremely rich could melt down and trade precious metals. Things were even more difficult with a grave, because it was stolen property. The rich probably robbed one another within weeks of burial. :-)

Talk about a dangerous job. Crime really didn't pay. Also, we see how much people really care about religion and we can see how much they respect one another. On a positive note, that discouraged burying capital and losing it forever. That's actually a really stupid idea. Can't run an economy that loses capital and wealth every time someone dies.

Could be worse. You could have been a slave child that stayed in the crawl space beneath a wealthy Roman home and kept the fire burning--and lived in the smoke.
_________________
We apologise for the inconvenience


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:42 pm 



Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 506
Location: Washigton DC
Vanguard wrote:
Congress and the president have just made it illegal for railroad union workers to go on strike, effectively forcing them to accept whatever conditions the railroad owners want.

Anyone who still thinks the Democrats aren't just Republicans with better branding is a fucking moron.
Anyone who still believes "capitalism is just voluntary interactions" is a fucking moron.
Anyone who still thinks working class people can get what they want from 90 year old pedophiles who control both the government and big business by simply voting or asking nicely is a fucking moron.


Anyone who generalized groups of people and wants to distill complex issues is a fucking moron.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:55 am 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 5472
People who are the employees of billionaires work for those billionaires. It really isn't complicated at all. "4D chess" is just a cope or propaganda.

Accepting slightly less evil because they're holding the gun of fascism at our heads is an entirely differently game. Delaying the inevitable and hoping the kids will be better than us is the best some can hope for.

.... I feel kind of stupid for feeling slightly optimistic solely because Oz lost his run by 1.03%....


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:17 am 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 892
XtraSmiley wrote:
Anyone who generalized groups of people and wants to distill complex issues is a fucking moron.


What a silly thing to say. Of course one must generalize groups and distill issues to make decisions and function. There's not enough time in the world to learn every facet of every issue or to get to know every single human being on earth. For example, it is quite clear that the billionaire class is collectively very bad for the poorest 95% of the world and I do not need to memorize the name and life story of every single billionaire to know that.

Furthermore, the DNC and RNC are privately owned entities, whose owners are wealthy and powerful, which are funded by the wealthy and powerful, and which serve the interests of the wealthy in powerful. This could not be further from a complex or nuanced issue. It is simply the truth. One can reason, that since it's rich people paying rich people, that these systems are probably intended to benefit rich people, and you'd be right. You could also observe their actions and outcomes, and correctly conclude that yup, these guys want to further impoverish the working class. You might also try asking yourself "why don't the democrats make any attempt to pass any of the pro-worker policies which they've promised us, which a supermajority of their base supports (and sometimes even a majority of republican voters), even when they have both the presidency and majorities in congress?" The only sane answer is "because they don't want to pass those policies."

You don't need to know that every congressman is your enemy to know that congress is your enemy. And indeed I'm certain that a tiny irrelevant minority of them are not. Sanders seems like an alright guy. He's far too weak, far too willing to tolerate bad behavior from his own side, but I know better than to let perfect be the enemy of good. Likewise I don't have proof that every cop in the USA will start firing their guns wildly upon being spooked by eg. a barking dog or some kids playing with brightly colored, plastic water pistols, but I do know that it isn't a good idea to test your luck. I'm sure that not every billionaire on the planet is a pedophile. JK Rowling and the Minecraft guy probably aren't. Doesn't change the fact that there sure are a lot of big names on Epstein's old contact list, none of whom seem the least bit interested publicly discussing the matter to try and defend their own reputations, let alone find out which of their peers were among his clients. You'd think you'd want to clear that up, right? If a normal person found out that several of their associates were part of a pedophile ring, they'd want them exposed, wouldn't they? From this we can reasonably conclude that any given billionaire has a very high chance of being a child predator.

I hope this has illustrated for you a bit of the usefulness of rational generalizations.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 386  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BulletMagnet and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group