Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

Sengoku Strider

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by Sengoku Strider »

“President Trump took that approach. He said, ’You know what, we’re not going to prosecute Hillary Clinton,’” Waltz said Sunday on Fox News of the 2016 Democratic presidential candidate that Trump routinely said should be sent to jail.

“Despite the blatant, blatant destruction of thousands and thousands of documents with BleachBit that she got to decide what would get presented to the archives,” Waltz added. “And [Trump] said, ’You know what, let’s move on. Let’s move forward.′ But they are just incapable of doing it when it comes to him.”
Link

When are these guys getting their own Netflix special?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

. “And [Trump] said, ’You know what, let’s move on. Let’s move forward.′ And, then, I woke up. What a crazy dream that was!"
:mrgreen:
We apologise for the inconvenience
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Yang giving a Kodos speech on his new party is... Well, really makes me feel how much of this wrestling show is looking at a lineup of a bunch of fuckers, and we get to debate how and what kind of fuckers they are.

Always held Carson and Cain in some esteem; at least they came to the show with a few stories in their pocket.

Ah... Andrew you fucker. Of all the people who've been scammed by a candidate, I don't think anyone gotten burned and betrayed as badly and quickly as the Yangbros desperate for some income.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

More hand wringing on Afghanistan today. :roll: You know, there are reasons it didn't work out.

Nation building doesn't work.

----

And, just so we can understand that human beings have always been fuckers:
“God is angry with this land. The potatoes would not have rotted unless He sent the rot into them…God is good, and because He is, He never sends a scourge upon His creatures unless they deserve it – but he is so good that He often punishes people in mercy, when he sees them going in a bad way He chastises them.” -The Rev. Edward Nangle, in the Achill Missionary Herald, February 1847
Holy, holy, fuckin holy. If there is a hell, I'll see you there, Eddie.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Sengoku Strider

BryanM wrote:Ah... Andrew you fucker. Of all the people who've been scammed by a candidate, I don't think anyone gotten burned and betrayed as badly and quickly as the Yangbros desperate for some income.
"What is your position on anything?"

"Not right, not left, but forward!"

"What is forward?"

"Allow me to sidestep that question."
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Speaking of things Yang would rather not give a straight answer on, so much for the repeal of Roe v. Wade being all about "letting the people decide" on abortion. Especially in light of increasingly fun stories of its real-world effects.

EDIT: Message from the "2000 Mules" crew - we totally would have revealed the raw data behind the movie like we promised, but Chinese hackers probably deleted it and we're not going to try again. :lol:
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Kurzgesagt released a collapse video today. But doesn't even try to answer the titular question of "Is civilization on the brink of collapse?" Just gives a few historical examples and gives a "gee whiz, people will probably bounce back in a few centuries."

The comment section points out the lack of fossil fuels with which to re-industrialize.
Sengoku Strider

BulletMagnet wrote: EDIT: Message from the "2000 Mules" crew - we totally would have revealed the raw data behind the movie like we promised, but Chinese hackers probably deleted it and we're not going to try again. :lol:
“We had to make a decision,” he said. “The volume of bandwidth was so significant here that if we just published this thing, the bad guys are going to take it down.”

So you see, our problem was that we just had too much evidence. So we decided to go with none. To beat the bad guys.

Also, when they attempted to launch their online repository of evidence, something “basically wiped it clean” — the work, they assumed, of Chinese hackers.

And then a Chinese internet dog ate our homework.

Cue near silence from the audience at The Pit.

“Hold your applause for one more second,” Engelbrecht urged the crowd, before admonishing them about the upcoming midterm elections.

“It’s time to move on,” she said. “Not to move on to what happened in 2020, because we still have to understand what happened. That is critical. We have to understand that. But we are 88 days out from midterms.”

“We have to find that balance,” Engelbrecht added. “You have to understand the past is prologue, we have to understand what happened. But we also have to be positioned to move forward.”

What's really important here is striking a balance between noticing that this was a completely fabricated grift, a cynical, manipulative bag of lies if you prefer, and complaining about something else. What's really, really important here, is only doing that last part.

Now you may applaud.
Spoiler
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The Deep State Cassandras somehow remain uncharacteristically quiet. For no particular reason, of course.

After all, we are dealing with unquestionably deeply-held and very personal beliefs here.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Anyone have that old Trump supporter copy pasta. The one that goes "he can't be trusted with the nukes! So I'm voting for Hillary"? It's been stuck in my head all day and I only remember the gist of the thing. Driving me crazy.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

The through-line in Tulsi Gabbard's politics is her isolationist policy and argument against sanctions impacting Russia. In 2015 she said Assad was necessary to fight ISIS. In practice this meant blaming the White Helmets for Russian-dropped gas barrel massacres. By the 2019 Presidential debates she had to admit that Assad was actually a "brutal dictator," a view that would have been nice to share somewhat earlier. Here we are three years after that, Tulsi still having learned nothing: She's on Tucker just days after complaining, once again, about sanctions on Russia. Earlier this year she was promoting an insane conspiracy justifying the invasion of Ukraine. We haven't seen a lot of biological weapons used, except some homemade poisoned food. She has never had useful or trustworthy insights into the causes of war. We've already got cranks like Mearsheimer and Chomsky clowning themselves on Ukraine - but at least they can point to having been there first with long-standing theories (wrong ones). Even in my most generous read, Gabbard is simply useless on policy, and has been since 2015.

Who actually looks good on recent foreign policy? Nancy Pelosi, for bucking the insane trend of wussy US diplomatic policy giving up insisting on normal things like traveling to friendly countries. We spend billions of dollars on doing "freedom of navigation" tours in the South China Sea; might as well normalize going shopping in Taiwan occasionally too. No sanctions or bombs needed - just traveling to Taiwan caused China to perform another self-pitying ritual for bad press with its neighbors by getting super mad and firing missiles all over the place for nothing.

Peter Daou looks to be just another useless weirdo who wants an in to the pocketbooks of gullible "anti-corporate dem" donors. He went from being a Clinton adviser to suddenly deciding to go all-in trashing Dem leadership. Great timing, shortly before the best climate change legislation ever got passed. I'm not expecting much more out of him than from Yang, or David Hogg, MSNBC "do something"-er panelists, or ex-Team Sanders podcast grifters, Sanders himself, etc.
Sengoku Strider

No, your eyes are not deceiving you, this is completely real. This guy really did sign his own name in the middle of his own tweet.

I searched through 6 articles on this story and there was no comment anywhere from the party on anything. I can only assume that despite their law & order posturing, they are perfectly okay with this kind of formatting faux-pas.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

No doubt Trump Social and Gab users have their 'he was a plant' posts ready to go, but they're going to hold them in check until he actually goes through with anything. Civil War 2022 is going well so far - two dead criminals, one in a cornfield and another at a barricade in DC.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Ed Oscuro wrote:Peter Daou looks to be just another useless weirdo who wants an in to the pocketbooks of gullible "anti-corporate dem" donors.
Daou has a book to promote—Digital Civil War: Confronting the Far-Right Menace, which he only mentions when prompted—but aside from that, there’s no obvious way he’s cashing in on the Sanders campaign. “I wrote a book last year, and it came out in April, but I’m not selling anything,” Daou says. “You don’t grift to the left, you grift to the right or the center, you grift to the corporations. A guy like me, if I wanted to grift, you go do major corporate work—$100,000 a month and you’re just wallowing in the mud.”
Sorry you lost someone on your team. Man actually cares about fighting fascism and getting kids out of cages, realized the lesser evil compromises he made weren't only unnecessary, but were actively harmful to his core goals.

The only thing he's done besides playing the piano on twitter is advise four house candidates back in 2019. They all lost, which is almost always what happens when you take a swing at god. Here is how much money they had on hand sorted highest to lowest:

$1.1 M
$0.3 M
$0.17 M
$0.16 M

So most had less than two months worth of salary of a David Brooks, total.

The incumbents all had over 2 million on hand, except one loser who only had 1.8 million. (P'ft, 1.8 million. Pathetic, huh?) Outside support likely far more than doubled that.

.... god, "Daou is doing a grift" is so cartoonishly obviously wrong. The man was six hundred miles up the butt of the most powerful and wealthy people in the entire world, and he pulled out to... beg for some coins broke hippies might have laying between their couch seats? What? You'd have to be one of those "too far gones" to actually believe any of this pablum.

And I thought ->I<- was the cynic, whoo boy. Even I know it's possible for some people to have terminal goals that aren't "accumulate money and social status"....
Great timing, shortly before the best climate change legislation ever got passed.
:roll:
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Shorter BryanM: Peter Daou is a weirdo and also a loser.

Peter Daou's job is his Substack. He's not tweeting out terrible opinions like "BIDEN AND PUTIN ARE JUST THE SAME, I AM VERY SMART!!" for free, dude.

God, you are such a gullible mark, same as ever.
Sengoku Strider

You guys keep in-fighting all you want, you're only playing into the patriots' hands. Because if you've seen the latest comms on Telegram from the secret Trump-appointed Queen of Canada, you know there are way bigger concerns to worry about right now. Concerns with a life force and power never before seen on this plane:

I've always known this day would come. I had just prayed it would not be within my lifetime.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

I'm not scared:

Bring on the White/Filipino Soundcloud rappers!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Sengoku Strider

I think the notion that Antifa - a loosely affiliated and questionably nourished mob of aerosol-huffing dropouts in NOFX hoodies living off instant ramen - could even field normal soldiers is pretty hilarious.

In today's absurd yet existentially terrifying sign of the end times, I give you:

"I'm not a homophobe, I just think gays should be stoned to death."

I seriously don't know why there aren't more gay terrorists. Like, if I weren't straight I would 100% be in Gay Cobra by this point.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

The whole "gay space communism" thing isn't much of an exaggeration, the leftist community has a hella lot of comrades of that persuasion. An old co-opting of capitalist propaganda:

Cults do tend to exclude a lot of people. It's little wonder so many of their scapegoats would resist them.

I thought it might be fun to join one, but... the fantasy and the reality of the thing wouldn't match up, I know it wouldn't. You join one hoping to meet girls and get to disturb/amuse normies with stories about how the leader can seriously totally fly, and a week later leadership is gasing people in a subway tunnel. And that's one of the less-bad bad outcomes! Actually toward the top of the most positive bad outcomes, disturbingly!
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hey, speaking of cults, Caleb Maupin, aka. Tankie Borger-King, has just been Me-Too'ed in epic style.

Never would have figured a guy that nasally to form his own sex cult!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Sengoku Strider wrote:I think the notion that Antifa - a loosely affiliated and questionably nourished mob of aerosol-huffing dropouts in NOFX hoodies living off instant ramen - could even field normal soldiers is pretty hilarious.

In today's absurd yet existentially terrifying sign of the end times, I give you:

"I'm not a homophobe, I just think gays should be stoned to death."

I seriously don't know why there aren't more gay terrorists. Like, if I weren't straight I would 100% be in Gay Cobra by this point.
I think it's funny when people try to use religion to justify homophobia.

In that picture alone, I can tell he's a hypocrite. Why? Well, for one he's wearing mixed thread clothing. In the old testament, where he's pulling this idea from, that's just as important to their god as hating gay people. So why is he singling out one part of the scripture and blatantly disregarding the other?

Because it was never about the scripture.

It was about trying to feel high and mighty about being a bigot.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Sengoku Strider

Mischief Maker wrote:Hey, speaking of cults, Caleb Maupin, aka. Tankie Borger-King, has just been Me-Too'ed in epic style.

Never would have figured a guy that nasally to form his own sex cult!
I've never heard of this weirdo, but it sounds like the only sex he got was manipulating one of his heroin addicted serfs with multiple co-morbid mental illnesses into spanking and insulting him via text for $250 a round. I'm sorry, but I have no respect for any self-proclaimed "revolutionary" who doesn't know he can get the créme de la créme of most of that on Xbox Live for free. I'm not Long-Marching with some flabby fedora who's never even prestiged.

Also:
He even told me that he would engage other people in conversations about corporal punishment and spanking because it turned him on to do so; when we became closer friends in 2021, he finally admitted to me that he would masturbate to the thought of roping unsuspecting people, especially women, into these conversations about their experiences with being spanked and other forms of physical abuse.

I tend to be a very open and sexually liberal person, so I don’t really mind when my friends discuss their sex lives with me in a platonic way; as a matter of fact, I was honored that Caleb supposedly trusted me enough that he was willing to share that part of his life with me.
I hate to be that guy...okay, no I don't. The sex-positivity movement is like signing up for a self-lobotomy. I give this individual a pass because of how young they were and the rough situation they were in. But really, do these "And then he told me he gets off on really fucked up shit, which I thought was beautiful..." anecdotes ever not end terribly? Like, anybody else's normal instincts would've had them peeling out of there.

But I will say this:
I have seen these exchanges in full, direct from Member 1’s FaceBook Messenger app, and what she says is indeed the true version of events.
'Facebook Messenger Communist Sex Cult' is a hell of a great name for a 90s-style alternative band. I can see the FM CSC t-shirts now.
To Far Away Times wrote:In that picture alone, I can tell he's a hypocrite. Why? Well, for one he's wearing mixed thread clothing. In the old testament, where he's pulling this idea from, that's just as important to their god as hating gay people. So why is he singling out one part of the scripture and blatantly disregarding the other?
In all fairness to this guy who doesn't deserve it, the admonitions in Leviticus & Deuteronomy relate to mixing fabric from different seeds or from plant and animal. They don't mention anything about polyester or acrylic.
BulletMagnet wrote:...maybe two patterns?
If George Washington hadn't written the first amendment specifically about saying racist stuff on Twitter and Fox News being allowed to make up complete bullshit, I'm very sure these staunch patriotic originalists would spring into action to prevent themselves from doing this.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Hey, it looks like a number of DSA candidates won in New York today. In upscale gentrified neighborhoods. What a surprise!

Bill de Blasio got something like 410 votes in the NY10 House district. Sometimes the god trips and falls! (He's not been seriously campaigning for a month or so.)

I'm trying to figure out if super "not grifter, I have a tweet thread about not being a grifter, and also I made an appearance on fellow not grifter Brie's Hear the Bern" Peter Daou made bank off this race - by the way, that was naughty, not telling us that Peter was a paid advisor to four vanity primary challengers for safe Dem seats like Jerry Nadler's.

When y'all start running some good candidates out here in swing districts let me know!
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Ed Oscuro wrote: When y'all start running some good candidates out here in swing districts let me know!
And, you think people would vote for a good candidate? Or you believe that our overlords wouldn't pour every penny they had and tons of ink/airtime/bandwidth into a concentrated smear campaign to destroy any possible honest person--and keep them from office at all costs? You think they would let an honest *not shithead* anywhere near the levers of power--and people would be clever and engaged enough to vote for said person?

Sorry. I can't believe any of it. At this point, we're lucky we haven't sunk back into the extreme corruption (that flows from human nature) that defines the third world. People are shit.

We also need to think about new governance technologies. Democracy is not a functioning final answer. I'm not asking to go backwards or regress. We need new ideas. Unfortunately, there's no place to try them and everyone in power loves corruption and they love how stupid people can be manipulated to vote against their own best interests. Grifters are everywhere; even after hundreds of years of supposedly trying to fight it (after the fall of monarchies in Europe), we still don't have the will or common sense to set things straight.

Know what's depressing? Look at the longest and most stable society ever created in ancient Egypt. They didn't actually do much of anything. Average people lived shitty lives for generations. They already had the dependable Nile, so they didn't bother to innovate. In fact, they only lasted because they had easy food and geography to protect them. They didn't do much of anything special. Everything became static and conservative, while tradition suffocated creatively. They poured their wealth into stupid shit. It's a horror show and we are genetically identical. That wasn't "them", it was us.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Speaking of grifters.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/ ... story.html

The author is a so-called fucking "Democrat".

See where he works? The Cormac Group.

For the uninitiated that have seen the movie Office Space, The Cormac Group is "The Bobs". Yep. He's a big ol' Hillz Triangulation "Democrat".

Fuck that guy.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

We're actually somewhat genetically worse, because we've gone through thousands of more years of top-down selection. Those experiments that showed how few generations it took to domesticate foxes still haunts me to this day. It certainly explains why we're so fucked up.

California publicly manufacturing insulin is some mildly positive, non-doomy news. In bio-hacking circles many drugs are homemade, but insulin... you need industrial level equipment, apparently.

Harumph. Like taking public research and monetizing it for massive profit isn't the biggest grift of them all. "Pills cost pennies."
In 1921, a young surgeon named Frederick Banting and his assistant Charles Best figured out how to remove insulin from a dog's pancreas. Skeptical colleagues said the stuff looked like “thick brown muck,”
Good 'ole peptides.

The patent was sold to the university for $1. In the hope it wouldn't get into the hand of fuckers. The rest was history~

I like how the AP release has one of the little goons of those fuckers chime in, always need to include one of those.
For one thing, insurers and pharmacy benefit managers might not cover California’s insulin products, making it more difficult for patients to get them.

Sarah Sutton, director of public affairs for the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, said a better idea would be for California to focus on “commonsense solutions” to address the role pharmacy benefit managers play in insulin pricing.

“That would bring real relief to patients right now,” she said.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Choosing not to talk about today's student debt forgiveness news is certainly A Choice.
orange808 wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote: When y'all start running some good candidates out here in swing districts let me know!
And, you think people would vote for a good candidate?
Well, in NY10's Dem primary there were at least 13 candidates, and Mega Ultimate Super Corporate Democrat, Bill de Blasio, got .7% of the vote coming in at a respectable 10th place finish between household names like Maud Maron and Peter Gleason. Four candidate led the pack, each getting over 10% of the vote. Three of them were self-described progressives. They lost to Dan Goldman, the so-called "corporate Dem" (which may or may not be code for "he's Jewish") winning 25% of the vote. Seems pretty likely that this was entirely due to the progressive movement not being unified around a candidate. If even one of those progressives dropped out it may have swung the balance away from Goldman.

In any case this doesn't matter one way or another. Leftists pretending that primarying incumbent Dems in an ultra-saturated Dem district is going to make the difference seems like an excuse not to face up to the hard lifting that has to be done in places like, say, West Virginia. But that's the center of the universe for the grifting-news-industrial complex.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

A lot of white people could put on a little hat, tell you a last name with the right sounds and syllables, and magically become Jewish.

This upsets people when the truth is said out loud. It's verboten to speak this obvious fact.