What's your medical issue?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
JBC

What's your medical issue?

Post by JBC »

I have GERD and it's awful. Basically it's really bad acid reflux that causes bloating and makes your esophagus close up. It becomes extremely difficult to swallow or keep anything down unless I take a pill everyday. I have a prescription for Pantoprazole but can also take Prilosec for it. The pills work, but they are just a Band-Aid and certain foods can still have a bad reaction. A little eggnog made me feel like John Hurt in Alien the other day.

I started taking a Probiotic yesterday that has all the reccomended bugs in it. Hopefully it works.
Godzilla was an inside job
drauch

Re: What's your medical issue?

Post by drauch »

I have diarrhea like every day from eating garbage.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BIL

Post by BIL »

Massive fucking cock I have to beat violently on the bedpost every morning and night to get off. 3:

Once I sat down for a relaxing credit of Gynoug only to find the screen filled with monster cock - I hollered in surprise, until I realised I'd not switched the TV on, and I was merely seeing the reflection of my own, damnably beefy dong. 3;

edit: oh also this. Getting worse with age. I think some fuck hit me with a Hokuto Shinken at some point. Fuck!
Last edited by BIL on Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

BIL wrote:Massive fucking cock
hot damn i thought I was the only one :shock:
BIL

Post by BIL »

Strangely, it seems this hobby attracts those of our sad, bedpost-splintering fate 3;
sven666

Post by sven666 »

the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
guigui

Post by guigui »

Kid #1 is 6 years old and has type 1 diabetes, it kind of suck but all the required daily manipulations now become usual for we parents.
Kid #2 is 3 years old and has nothing, but we parents sometimes want to apply to him manipulations for kid #1.
We parents have kids.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
JBC

Post by JBC »

Update - This probiotic is actually working. My poops are solid and brown for the first time in 16 months and I've lost 5 lbs already. No bloating, no reflux. Wow, imagine the shmup that's happening up my asshole right now.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

My doctor has given me a lot of strange diagnoses as of late and it's keeping me up at night. What am I supposed to do to clear my head?
BIL

Post by BIL »

That's great news circuitface! My father-in-law's a physician, and he's always told me you can get the measure of a feller's health with two handy datapoints: his rod, and his log! They're like an inbuilt lifebar from one of them fightin games! :o I had a scare once, when I was knocking it out of the park massively on both fronts, only to be confronted with a blood-red log! :shock: Fortunately I had not been struck down by the bloody shites that claimed so many of my potato-hoarding forebears! That is simply what chugging down gallons of V8 juice, a bad habit of mine, will do! I miss those bigass bottles they sell in Burgerville - over here in Cuckfordshire we make do with these shitty-ass little milk carton things! It'll still red you up OFC! Image

EDIT: hey when'd you change your username :o
EmperorIng wrote:My doctor has given me a lot of strange diagnoses as of late and it's keeping me up at night. What am I supposed to do to clear my head?
I hear the manosphere has recently been rocked by an outbreak of the dreaded Lig-Bofa 3;

JBC

Post by JBC »

BIL wrote:That's great news circuitface!

Well I changed it to 8BA w/ a Galaga icon like 10 years ago but just recently changed it to my actual high score initials and went back to my OG 2005 Legendary Wings icon. Can't believe you remember because I barely post!
Last edited by JBC on Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Aha, that's right :o I mentally always read you by your OG name. You, Ganson and Ganelon are the three dudes I always remember, from back when I discovered this community circa Gradius V's US release. :mrgreen: Was a happy surprise after decades away from classic hard gaming, thought I was the only one. :cool:
Blackfielding

Post by Blackfielding »

BIL wrote:That's great news circuitface! My father-in-law's a physician, and he's always told me you can get the measure of a feller's health with two handy datapoints: his rod, and his log! They're like an inbuilt lifebar from one of them fightin games! :o I had a scare once, when I was knocking it out of the park massively on both fronts, only to be confronted with a blood-red log! :shock: Fortunately I had not been struck down by the bloody shites that claimed so many of my potato-hoarding forebears! That is simply what chugging down gallons of V8 juice, a bad habit of mine, will do! I miss those bigass bottles they sell in Burgerville - over here in Cuckfordshire we make do with these shitty-ass little milk carton things! It'll still red you up OFC! He says that a lot of corporations due to covid-19 threats are using this option https://healthplan.co.uk/health-insurance/corporate/. What do you think is it worth it? Image

EmperorIng wrote:My doctor has given me a lot of strange diagnoses as of late and it's keeping me up at night. What am I supposed to do to clear my head?
I hear the manosphere has recently been rocked by an outbreak of the dreaded Lig-Bofa 3;

Insomnia is killing me :( go to bed at 11 pm then staring at the ceiling till 4 am and then struggle to finally fall asleep. Every single day I have this same situation :roll:
Last edited by Blackfielding on Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JBC

Post by JBC »

^ I used to have insomnia like this until I quit caffeine. Turns out it stays in your system a lot longer than people think. Hardest thing I've ever done but worth it on the other side. I've taken naps sitting up in direct sunlight a few times since then.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

JBC wrote:Update - This probiotic is actually working. My poops are solid and brown for the first time in 16 months and I've lost 5 lbs already. No bloating, no reflux. Wow, imagine the shmup that's happening up my asshole right now.
Good to hear it, mate. Hope your health improves further.
Blackfielding wrote:Insomnia is killing me :( go to bed at 11 pm then staring at the ceiling till 4 am and then struggle to finally fall asleep. Every single day I have this same situation :roll:
I hope I'm not being a smartypants here, but have you tried doing stupid amounts of sports? I used to go to Muay Thai training and I was exhausted afterwards. Also, weak weed might help?

As for the rest, my psoriasis has gotten worse over the last couple of years, my scalp, eyes, ears, nose and random spots on my body itch almost all the time, which makes me jumpy and irritable sometimes.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
drauch

Post by drauch »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:As for the rest, my psoriasis has gotten worse over the last couple of years, my scalp, eyes, ears, nose and random spots on my body itch almost all the time, which makes me jumpy and irritable sometimes.
Same here, it really sucks. The entire back of my head is a giant red, scaly patch. But great news--it spread to my dickhead this year!

I've been using this lotion for hardcore rough/bumpy every day to at least soften it up so it doesn't flake all over the place and make me look like a degenerate, coupled with psoriasis shampoo. Tried some hardcore stuff from the doctor that you can only use two weeks (I believe steroidal) and it seemed to help briefly, but not really. Probably time to head to the dermatologist instead of lubing up my dick every morning with GoldBond. Life is good.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

One thing that might be worth checking out with GERD is your allergies. Could be dust, pet allergies, whatever - try some Allegra and see if it doesn't get better.
Another thing that seems to impact GERD is depression or anxiety - SSRIs can sometimes make it better (even with a really small dose, like 5mg or less daily).
and yeah...the usual things: prunes, glasses of fiber drink, and yogurt. just don't overdo it.

Take it everybody's off Ranitidine now? Get a cancer screening if you were a long time user of it, because that's why it was recalled. The new (hopefully safer) formulation is called famotidine (not to be confused with an antihistamine called fexofenadine...)

@ drauch: Hang in there bud. I'm hoping I don't end up with psoriasis someday. Deffo go see that dermatologist.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Are we just talking about physical?

If so, eczema. Mainly on my arms.

If we're talking about mental, as well, I would like to keep that to myself. :lol:
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

drauch wrote:
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:As for the rest, my psoriasis has gotten worse over the last couple of years, my scalp, eyes, ears, nose and random spots on my body itch almost all the time, which makes me jumpy and irritable sometimes.
Same here, it really sucks. The entire back of my head is a giant red, scaly patch. But great news--it spread to my dickhead this year!

I've been using this lotion for hardcore rough/bumpy every day to at least soften it up so it doesn't flake all over the place and make me look like a degenerate, coupled with psoriasis shampoo. Tried some hardcore stuff from the doctor that you can only use two weeks (I believe steroidal) and it seemed to help briefly, but not really. Probably time to head to the dermatologist instead of lubing up my dick every morning with GoldBond. Life is good.
Ugh, yeah I also have psoriasis. It seems illnesses have silver linings b/c I've developed some neurological issues as well as unrelated cervical spine compression, so I hardly think about the psoriasis at all now!

I will say that I had it all over the back of my scalp and used Clobex lotion, though expensive. The name brand seems less greasy than the generics. At some point the stuff just stopped and the scalp healed for no apparent reason. Of course it's now inside my ears and other unmentionable places as you've discovered.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

By the way, we are in that time of year where lots of people automatically reach for anti-allergy pills. But it is worth asking your pharmacist or doctor about alternatives like simple decongestants or saline nasal sprays, because rhinitis (and the accompanying migraines) can take many forms and what many people take isn't actually optimal for handling these problems.