Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 53

Sengoku Strider

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by Sengoku Strider »

vol.2 wrote:okay. the first four minutes made me want to chew off my own arm and is making me feel violent. is that what's supposed to happen?
I thought it was just me. I noped out when the redheaded guy started talking about cycles of history in Eastern mysticism.

Maybe if I knew who any of these guys were, what type of show that was, or what to expect, I would have had an easier time with these three stoned guys spending 5 minutes trying to remember how conversations worked or where they were.

I take it they're comedians whose official stance is "Yeeeeeahhhh...stuff's crazy now."
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

It's a pitch-perfect satire of the Joe Rogan Experience.

Geez, you guys!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Sengoku Strider

Mischief Maker wrote:It's a pitch-perfect satire of the Joe Rogan Experience.

Geez, you guys!
Sorry man. I don't watch it because...well...the thing I couldn't handle 5 minutes of is a pitch-perfect satire of it. Also, if you're pals with Alex Jones, you're off my "I will ever be interested to hear what you think" list.

-----------------------------------

In other news, Epstein's pilot fingered Trump in court. MAGA World's debate team captains are coping with this super well, producing many solid and well crafted counterpoints:
Spoiler
"The Deep State have just destroyed themselves because now people will watch this celebrity sex trial that surely would have otherwise flown under the radar."
-
-
"He has enough stamps on his Jesus loyalty card for a free sin anyway."
-
-
"Everything I don't want to be real is a Deep State false flag :oops: "
-
-
"There he was, innocently hitch-hiking by the side of the runway when Epstein just happened to be the guy who came along. What else was he supposed to do?"
-
Reliable sources on Telegram and Parler are reporting that liberals are destroyed and in a panic.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Well Roe v Wade is dead.

Handmaiden Barrett said that becuase all states have adoption laws that its okay that women are forced to carry to term.

Brett the Boofer joined in and thought that was a brilliant observation.
Sengoku Strider

To Far Away Times wrote:Well Roe v Wade is dead.

Handmaiden Barrett said that becuase all states have adoption laws that its okay that women are forced to carry to term.

Brett the Boofer joined in and thought that was a brilliant observation.
Wouldn't it be so weird if the "Masks are Communist Nazi Germany Sharia law" crowd were completely silent on that one?
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Its so frustrating. They think morality and self reflection should stop around 33AD. The ancients may not have known where the sun went at night, but they sure knew about social issues.
Sengoku Strider

Planet MAGA continuing to cope with Trump's involvement with Epstein super well. (Today's accuser said Epstein introduced her to The Donald at Mar-A-Lago when she was 14).

Every random thing in the news is just a plot to distract from the Maxwell trial, who Trump was definitely not involved with, except he was, but he only hung around with their servants as he is famous for doing, and also probably rescued Melania from these evil child traffickers he was having virtuous sleepovers with and then married her to defeat pedophilia.

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

To Far Away Times wrote:Handmaiden Barrett said that becuase all states have adoption laws that its okay that women are forced to carry to term.
Feel free to add an extra layer of irony over how feverishly the right has been arguing against allowing poor immigrants into the country because they'd require public assistance as "wards of the state" - I'm not sure who they think is going to pay to keep all these unwanted kids fed and clothed while they wait to be adopted (probably for quite awhile, since, in another layer of irony, foreign kids are far more trendy), especially if there are no exceptions for rape and incest (because those kids in particular just fly off the shelves).

And of course it goes without saying that even if a kid does get adopted, there will be no affordable health care, pre-k, parental leave, etc. for the vast majority of them. Once you're born, after that you can fuck right off along with everyone else.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I just want to extend some thoughts and prayers to all Republicans that lost someone in the latest shooting. Also, you might want to reconsider your world view. Still love those guns?
We apologise for the inconvenience
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

can you imagine being 15 and doing something like that? it makes me nauseous just thinking about it.
BIL

MURICAAAAAA

Post by BIL »

Imagine doing this Image

Surviving Edged Weapons II: BATTLE ON THE EDGE Image
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

i'm existentially concerned about clicking on that link. no offense, i'm sick today and not in the mood to turn my stomach any further
BIL

Post by BIL »

It's nothing graphic, though in principle about as fucked as it gets. TLDR: wheelchair shoplifter with knife tells copper "I AINT DROPPIN ME KNOIFE UNLESS U SHOOT MEH" so, uh, the cop does. In he back. Eight times. Then a ninth for good measure. Then wheely falls outta the chair. Then the cop cuffs his corpse.

>_>

(EDIT: although, if the two-wheeled terror had a crocodahl knoife, that's a one thing. Contrary to morons [RE Ma'Khia Bryant], knives are some really bad shit! Many juicy targets, and even more vectors! A cleanly severed femoral or brachial artery, or an unlucky hit to the abdominal aorta, or the carotid, or the jugular, and you're fucked. In Misty Lahndahn Tahn, or THE DINGLE, or Glasgow or other world-renowed knife crime capitals, you would not believe the number of URBAN YOOFS gobsmacked to find themselves up on murder charges after they stick a hated rival, only for them to fall over and die shitting themselves in the street!

However I have to say they coulda just kicked his wheelchair over instead of filming Surviving Edged Weapons II: BATTLE ON THE EDGE Image It wouldn't have the grand guignol of a mallcop unloading his sidearm into a wheelchair dude's back, but it'd be close!

Although even that would take some balls tbh. dude might be scamming disability or something! more than I'd expect or frankly ask from a grunt piglet)
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Yeah that's pretty fucked up. Thanks for the paraphrase.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

BIL wrote:Contrary to morons [RE Ma'Khia Bryant], knives are some really bad shit!
Yeah, knives are no joke. Hell, that goes for sharp things in general. I heard of a really tragic accident at a wedding where someone put a beer glass in their pocket, slipped and fell, and he died when a shard of glass severed the femoral vein.

They're a hell of a lot less capable of causing damage on the scale of a gun, though. I do question how capable someone is of doing damage with a knife in that situation; if they're in a wheelchair or scooter I don't see them having the athleticism to deftly throw it... but I can also see the cop getting nicked in the neck by a lucky toss and bleeding out from trying to get close enough to kick him over or get in front to pepper spray the dude. And you can see on the video there's some poor greeter girl just inside the store's doors, what if she froze in fear and got a knife in the jugular? When you're dealing with crazy, you don't necessarily know how fast things can escalate, and we don't know how long they were trying to de-escalate (you can see the dude scootering through the parking lot beforehand). Though my gut tells me a good swift kick to the side of the backrest probably would've ended things safely without firing a shot...

We're in a culture now where cops are not popular (not undeservedly in the US!) and people love to jump on the bandwagon and scream murder, trying to stir up a shitstorm on social media before the dust has settled and an actual investigation has taken place (see: Ma'Khia Bryant). The number of people throwing out immediate condemnation before all the facts come to light with an attitude of absolute righteousness is appalling.

For this sort of incident, I honestly think everyone needs to wait a couple weeks for an actual investigation to happen and all the facts to come to light before coming to any snap judgements about who's right and who's wrong here, and it should get treated as a learning opportunity as to what to do in the future when something like this happens. There's way too much demand to get that special brand of instant gratification and outrage that only social media can provide.
BIL

Post by BIL »

I should add it looks like overkill to me, and I'm not surprised the cop was promptly shitcanned (if for nothing else, greeter was in his line of fire, AFAIK) - but indeed, any time a knife is involved, things get murky. Just a reality of human physiology, way too easy for even the most skilled to get nicked or stuck by a flailing suspect. Best course of action OFC is for homie to drop the fuckin knife. This almost looks like a suicide by cop.

Maybe start importing mad chaps like this dude (Cameroonian training footage), although third-world law enforcement isn't known for sterling human rights records, either.

My kingdom for someone with art skills to draw my Surviving Edged Weapons II: BATTLE ON THE EDGE promo storyboard, where the wheelchair dude bolts upright to a chiseled, rangy 6.5ft 215lbs, in the same movement hauling his ride one-handed up and around in a perfect 360', its razor-rimmed wheels decapitating everyone in range - the headless victims left standing, as in the background, a bisected steel lamppost slides apart like green bamboo, and a fire hydrant adds its fountaining issue to the raining neck stump gore. Image
Last edited by BIL on Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I'm especially annoyed by the idiot commenters on various places discussing the video that don't understand or care about how their own justice system works, and think that harassing the cop's lawyer will somehow help make this situation any better:
I'm a little worried that this attorney's fax number is publicly available online. I really hope no one takes advantage of an anonymous free online fax service to waste his paper and ink and possibly his or his employees' time
Complete fucking imbecile. It was, however, heartwarming to see he rightly got chewed out:
Do not do this. Do not harass the fucking defense attorney. I'm goddamn sick of seeing this anti-attorney horseshit.

The attorney has a fucking job. Harassing him is no different than harassing a fucking fast food worker because your fries weren't fucking perfect, Karen. He is not paid to determine guilt, in his opinion his client could be guilty as fuck but he is paid to defend his client to the best of his abilities. His client may be a clearly murderous piece of shit, or his client may be someone that was blatantly accused of a crime they didn't commit. Which one is the case is completely fucking irrelevant.

Everyone is entitled to competent defense. EVERYONE.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Yeah, I can say that the knife incidents in Japan are pretty horrific. Having been over there for some time, I got to see plenty of news reports on mass killings by knife and it was pretty visceral and awful.

I'm not saying in any way that means they should use guns instead; if anything, it's a cultural issue with swords/knives that they have in the same way the US has a cultural issue with guns.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

The US has a problem on a far worse scale, though. And it's not just murders; America's love of guns has lead to widespread accidental shootings where shitty parents with no proper safety training (due to no training requirements/mandates) leave guns loaded an unattended where little Timmy can find it and, thinking it's a toy, blow his dad's brains out.

Places like this that record the sheer number of gun related incidents are heartbreaking. The fact that the US (or rather its elected representatives) collectively shrugs its shoulders and decides there's nothing to be done is equally heartbreaking.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Please don't think I was equating the magnitude of the issues. I am fully aware of how insane the gun problem is in the US.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you were. It was just an excuse to lament the deplorable state of US gun violence which depresses the fuck out of me (especially given many of the gun incidents here are using American-made guns that have been smuggled in).
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Maybe you already knew about this but:

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/14 ... 1157052416
Sengoku Strider

Former "Nobody else will return my calls" Trump lawyer and literal self-declared Son of God Lin Wood has been riding the Q train as a celebrity grifter for a year now.

With literally nothing actually coming true for the collective psychotic break crowd, they've started to turn the crazy-lasers on each other. Two days ago Wood outed former Trump admin national-security-advisor-for-literally-only-two-weeks and QAnon grifter in chief General Michael Flynn as an apostate. He released tapes of Flynn saying on the phone that Q was just a liberal psyop to make insane liars look bad, a statement which did not play well in the insane liar scene.

But for the true connoisseur of lunatic grift culture, Lin Wood, The Son of Man*, hath delivered unto us this day.

I give you all Tucker Carlson's secret bromance with radical communist and traitor to America, Hunter Biden. Who wrote his daughter's college recommendation letter.

Extremely competent lawyer Lin Wood also made sure to dox both of them when putting this out there. So if you ever wanted Tucker Carlson's gmail for anything, I guess there you go.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oh nice. George Floyd's little nephew/cuz/homie actually got collared for (self-professed) juror intimidation.

Spoiler

Surprising! And somewhat encouraging, with the rest of the Americas and Western Europe so often catching the aerosolised faeces of the US's latest cultural bowel movement. #thankyouforimpressingmeamerica #keepemcomin #mayomonkeysgottago

Granted, he is every bit the useful idiot, trussed up and tossed to the baying #mayomonkey hordes. He should've deferred a few of these jobs to Auntie Maxine. :o
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Sengoku Strider wrote:I give you all Tucker Carlson's secret bromance with radical communist and traitor to America, Hunter Biden. Who wrote his daughter's college recommendation letter.
Psh, just another example of millions of how much kayfabe the conflict between capitalists is. Scalia and Ginsburg going on vacations, riding on elephants together; the Clintons and Trumps being bff's... smh.

All this talk about the Dick Cheney immortality serum, made me think of the song by the bard known only as "Marshall Mathers the 3rd", Without Me. This song includes a quick quip that goes: "I know you've got a job, miss Cheney, but your husband's heart problem is complicated." If you research this matter further, you'll find that this rustled Lynne Cheney's jimmies quite badly, and she proclaimed this the worst most horrible thing that's ever been done to a woman in the history of anything.

Now, Mr.Mathers also disses Moby in this song, in response to some light offhand criticism Moby gave him. This was followed up by Mathers yelling "hey fuck you!!!!!" at the man at an MTV awards show. You might remember poor innocent Triumph got caught in their crossfire.

Anyway, their body language and facial expressions during that exchange say so much. Mathers seems legitimately angry at the guy. While Moby is completely bewildered and tries to laugh it off. He silently gives off the impression: "Why are you so angry?? We're rich."

Two different worlds man. Dog help dog for them, dog eat dog for us.
Rob

Post by Rob »

BIL wrote:
Spoiler
https://www.facebook.com/ChazNealHRC/po ... 727613517/
I’m a registered sex offender not a child molestor or a pedophile but people don’t wanna hear the whole story they only wanna believe what they read they don’t go by the whole story just what the media reported
Interesting - do we have another heroic "antiracist" sex offender? Why do sex offenders hate the police and legal system so much?
but until you can walk in a black persons shoes please don’t tell me how to feel
orange808

Post by orange808 »

You found a criminal with an opinion on some shit. Good for you. Want a cookie?
We apologise for the inconvenience
BIL

Post by BIL »

Rob wrote:
I’m a registered sex offender not a child molestor or a pedophile but people don’t wanna hear the whole story they only wanna believe what they read they don’t go by the whole story just what the media reported
Damn, that's a famous line! :o
Interesting - do we have another heroic "antiracist" sex offender?
There was Saint Joseph of Rosenbaum, or "JoJo," as Mark Ruffalo and other clergy affectionately call him. Tragically died when he hurled himself in front of a Schutzstaffel's M2, as the Fuhrer-loving fiend opened fire on a crowd of fleeing protestors. :sad:
Rob

Post by Rob »

orange808 wrote:You found a criminal with an opinion on some shit. Good for you. Want a cookie?
"Antiracism" attracts a variety of malcontents for reasons that might not be so pure. I'm a shumps man and I identify patterns for a living.
BIL wrote:There was Saint Joseph of Rosenbaum, or "JoJo," as Mark Ruffalo and other clergy affectionately call him. Tragically died when he hurled himself in front of a Schutzstaffel's M2, as the Fuhrer-loving fiend opened fire on a crowd of fleeing protestors. :sad:
Please become a TV comedy news anchor, BIL.