shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338  Next
 Post subject: Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:02 pm 

Denuvo was legit removed from DMC V awhile ago. As for your burner problem, I'd recommend buying some cheap used 500 GB HDDs to throw backups on. Works for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:47 pm 

Udderdude wrote:
Denuvo was legit removed from DMC V awhile ago.

Yeah, but the current version doesn't run without steam. There was a brief window where it ran steam-free and that's what I've got.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:21 pm 

I've had an LG drive I've been using for 7 years now to burn BDs. Still working strong.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:46 pm 

Excellent, thanks!

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:15 am 

https://nypost.com/2021/07/26/nyc-surge ... legations/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm 

My current gripe:
ordering shit using FromJapan from Suruyuga 10 days ago, and it still hasn't arrived at the middleman's shipping center. What's taking so long, and why is Suruyuga always like this?!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:01 pm 

Twitter has these "recommended topics" that pop up in your feed all the time, and lately they have been completely wrong. For example, I got a "sports" topic recommendation that was a friend of a friend complaining about something political.

Also, I don't really follow sports topics so it's weird they would even do that. Whatever algorithm they are using for that shit sucks, and I feel like it's jarring and awful. I guess I'm just spoiled by more mature targeted marketing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:53 am 

vol.2 wrote:
Twitter has these "recommended topics" that pop up in your feed all the time, and lately they have been completely wrong. For example, I got a "sports" topic recommendation that was a friend of a friend complaining about something political.

Also, I don't really follow sports topics so it's weird they would even do that. Whatever algorithm they are using for that shit sucks, and I feel like it's jarring and awful. I guess I'm just spoiled by more mature targeted marketing.

Dude these are actually just the fucking worst. Wish I could disable them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:11 pm 

I dunno, I usually don't see anything like that because of adblockers and because I always pick "Not interested"/"Show me less of this".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:03 pm 

Toe-key-oh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:16 pm 

Ebay, of course.
Sunday, I finally drunk-splurged on a PS5, but quickly realised I'd mis-read and it was a digital, so attempted to cancel the order within literally a minute of placing it. Seller apparently refused, to which I thought 'fine, my mistake'.
Yesterday I see that the item has been re-listed, but my payment is still pending. Ebay aren't interested as the item isn't MIA until tomorrow. Seller has messaged me back saying that Ebay 'wouldn't allow' him to accept the cancellation, so he's raised it with them (a good sign I suppose). I've had to screen-shot everything and send it to PayPal. Who weren't interested last time a Chinese seller jibbed me with a non-functional memory card.

In the meantime, I've had a return request for a brand-new copy of the new Mario Golf that I sold two weeks ago, and I as the buyer claims it's 'not as described', I don't seem to have a leg to stand on.

I knew there was a reason 'd stopped using Ebay years ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:39 pm 

PS5 and eBay are a bad combination. lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:49 pm 

man, ebay sucks in general. i would go back and trade ebay for the days when i could walk into a thrift store and walk out with arms full of cool shit in an instant.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:57 pm 

I got a letter today from a shit job I haven't worked at in over a decade. Silly me, I thought maybe there was a class-action lawsuit and I was getting a check or something. Nope!

"Oopsy-whoopsie! We got hacked. Now whoeverthefuck has your social security number and all your other sensitive info. But don't worry, we got you 12 free months of some bullshit Equifax service!"

Looks like it's time to do a credit freeze through no fault of my own!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm 

Plumbing. Fuck it tbh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:46 pm 

When artists make a carbon copy cover of a song, bring nothing original or worthwhile to the piece, and drop it as a single. Lazy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:24 pm 

yeah that's awful. it can be cool only in a live context where a band plays a cover song just as a lark, especially in an encore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:35 am 

So, apparently my fucking Xbox controller has been screwing things up in a way that looked like GPU driver problems on my new PC.

It turns out that if you have a Series S/X controller, and your screen is randomly turning black before coming back, and games subsequently have their performance murdered until you reboot, go update the firmware of the controller with the Xbox Accessories app in the MS Store.
It's causing a DirectX error, which causes DWM to restart, which apparently reinitializes the GPU and ruins everything.

I'd previously just thought it was DuckStation screwing up somehow and crashing the GPU driver, since that was the only other time it happened until I started playing Strive for hours on end. :lol:
Seeing it happen in other programs had me deeply worried, and a lot of searching the symptoms had pointed to an issue from three years ago where Nvidia drivers had an incompatibility with a Windows 10 update. However, that was apparently fixed years ago.

Only reason I found out is because apparently the DWM server crashing was the only thing wrong that showed up in the system event log, nothing related to the display driver crashing or anything, and googling that particular event log item gave me the fix.
Looking up the log dates, every failure is from after I got the new controller too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:18 pm 

Note to self: Don't buy newfangled Series S/X controllers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm 

This one is obvious, but still: I hate it when former millionaires start a GoFundMe. If I had made millions, I'd be all set for life. "Give me money, because I'm a dumbshit." No. No, I won't give you shit.

I support universal health care, free education, and a social safety net. I don't support giving you money because people know your name.

Please send me money, though. I can invest it and live a good life. If everyone pools their resources, I can be very well off. Whatcha think?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:30 pm 

What wanker is doing this? Lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:53 pm 

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
What wanker is doing this? Lol

This one:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help- ... ett-butler

Don't contribute to this. She can cut costs and she can get a job-bee-job. Would have been very easy to make a financial plan to shield most of her wealth. She was a millionaire.

Please help your own friend. Let your friend sleep on your couch. Do an intervention on your friend.

***Also, please send me $20,000. My dad was murdered in a hit and run (true story). Seriously, that is true. So, I'm a victim. It is true. Please help heal my scars with sweet greenbacks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:55 pm 

Udderdude wrote:
Note to self: Don't buy newfangled Series S/X controllers.

hah
The most annoying thing is that they're basically the best controllers I've used in years -- the d-pad is really nice [if absurdly loud and clicky; everything about the controller is loud] and the unit is fairly comfortable in the hand.

But yeah, everything needing firmware updates is miserable. On one hand, it lets problems be fixed in the field; on the other hand, it encourages problems to crop up during development because anything wrong can just be fixed later, so it's no problem if something slips through. Blech.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:52 pm 

I'm just waiting for controller DLC to become a thing. You know it's going to happen at this rate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:19 pm 

Udderdude wrote:
I'm just waiting for controller DLC to become a thing. You know it's going to happen at this rate.

Love this. Funniest thing I've read in a while. I can see it, now.

The UPlay Store pops up with a message: "Unlock left directional movement" for easier maneuverability in "Assassin's Creed Neutral: Doing Nothing In Switzerland" or buy the Essential Left Turn Pack to move left in all UbiSoft games for 25% off!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:28 am 

orange808 wrote:
"Unlock left directional movement" for easier maneuverability in "Assassin's Creed Neutral: Doing Nothing In Switzerland"

But if the game is about doing nothing then you should be paying to have various controller functions locked so you could do nothing more efficiently and skip the grind!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:13 am 

BulletMagnet wrote:
orange808 wrote:
"Unlock left directional movement" for easier maneuverability in "Assassin's Creed Neutral: Doing Nothing In Switzerland"

But if the game is about doing nothing then you should be paying to have various controller functions locked so you could do nothing more efficiently and skip the grind!

Nope. This one is ALL races across the rooftops! Nothing better than Assassin's Creed races!

Thrill to the excitement of wondering what parkour move your character will do. Hold the parkour button and pray for the best! Now, that's fun! ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:02 pm 

It actually was and still is fun in Arse Creed 2 and Brotherhood tho :shock:

dunno how they managed to fuck it up afterwards

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:02 pm 

Saw the Metroid Dread trailer today. MercurySteam seems to be gritting their teeth and grunting again. We know what that means! Time to squeeze out another shitty, sterile, and lifeless "paint by numbers" insult to a beloved franchise! I guess Ninty can serve the fan-made game crowd best by serving up games that feel like fan-made indie games. Yuk.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:52 pm 

I was fully expecting M.D. to be a crap sandwich. Thing that really gets me is that they want to charge full AAA prices for a farmed-out third party game like that.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 334, 335, 336, 337, 338  Next