Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
48%

Total votes: 54

BryanM

Re: Trump: A real American Hero Dude

Post by BryanM »

You're uh, not not gonna score points in the under 45 years old white male SHMUP demo by slandering satan.

Heil satan.
Opus131 wrote:Except he is different. Much of what Trump says is just LARPing. His rhetoric is filled with typical Republican talking points only because he has to pretend he is running some kind of platform. In truth he could change his tune on a whim and he has shown to have no particular ideological bent one way or another. He is definitely the farthest thing from a Romney, who was a corporate shill through and through. Trump is an anomaly, a glitch in the Matrix. Nobody knows what his presidency will be like. He probably doesn't even know himself.
I wish I could believe in ponies and unicorns, but I just can't. The man's a rational actor. He's going to try to cut his own taxes (unlike Clinton, who gives this benefit in the form of exemptions and subsidies so they're harder for the serfs to follow), put a Scalia on the bench (who the Democrats in the senate could easily block, but aren't going to because they're 80's republicans), and that's the most we can be hopeful/fearful of....

..... fuck this is depressing. The entire argument for voting for Hillary boils down to "vote for the democrat because you can't trust the democrats to protect us." That's.... Stockholm syndrome.
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

BryanM wrote:Heil satan.
You are doing it wrong bro. Nu-Doom is for fags. Old Doom is where it's at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMex4f8cwEY
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

supergrafx77 wrote:But here's the stickler: Hillary cheated and stole the primary from Bernie: and Bernie is what this country needed.
So why isn't Bernie supporting Jill Stein?

Also, I know this isn't as exciting as stories about Hillary staff cavorting with ghosts and goblins, but Chris Christie is in charge of picking Trump's cabinet and two people that he picked for his own staff have just been convicted in the bridgegate scandal. And if there's one thing Trump is known for, it's petty vindictive vengeance of just that sort.

Think about that during your commute to the polls today.
Last edited by Mischief Maker on Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Because he's a politician and would like to be able to win in the future, instead of destroying his career and having to be a powerless man waving his arms at the choir over on TruthDig like loser Chris Hedges. Winning the lifelong ire of the 40% of the democratic party voters who think Clinton is their abuela that actually cares about them, not a good tactic. Unless you want the party to be run by republicans forever.

Also he's one of those lesser evil pragmatists who don't really believe it's possible to take power back from the banks. Better to take the horrible deal instead of the horrible deal. Hand to mouth, day by day.
supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

Mischief Maker wrote:
Think about that during your commute to the polls today.
#CrookedHillary? Not a chance in hell! #JillNotHill #DemExit #ForeverBernie

MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Well, this Thread certainly has a life of its own :D

I shall bid you folks the best of luck and hope to God neither of them get in but, sadly, it is like choosing between a plate of turds and a cannister of botulism as a 'main meal' so not much of a choice all told :(
More Bromances = safer people
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

You still gotta vote. It is the American thing to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7KAAM1JohU
Rob

Post by Rob »

Opus131 wrote:When i think of "white" culture, i think of Shakespeare, Bach, or Gothic Cathedrals. Whatever it is you globalist lunatics seem to be into is not "western" by any stretch of the imagination. And the vast majority of westerners are basically hostage to this satanic aberrant culture which poisons the soul and has an actual active agenda to destroy the body of all western nations.
Yes, Abrahamic religion and its grip on pure white European culture. I'll have the "satanic" aberrant option, thanks. :shock:
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Security guard in Manhattan Russian Consulate found dead with unknown head trauma

Also,
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/wh ... rous-path/
Liberal ideology created Donald Trump
Dear Democrat voters,

You are probably the most influential and powerful segment of the human race today. In terms of cultural reach, you are supreme; politically you are masters of the universe; you have the ability to shape our world for good or evil, and for most of the past century you and your forebears have done a pretty good job of it.

I’m addressing this to Democrats in particular because in the US, as in Britain, liberalism is the prestige faith; the ratio of Democrats to Republicans in American academia is now five to one, and up to forty to one in some social sciences. Eight of the ten richest zip codes voted Obama in 2012; at Harvard College, 96 per cent of political donations go to the Democratic Party. The influential film industry of southern California is overwhelmingly liberal, as is the influential tech industry of northern California. Likewise the prestigious newspapers and news outlets are not only pro-Democrat but display a deference to Democrat politicians that we in Britain once would have described as ‘oriental’. The Democrats have in recent years become the party of graduates, while the Republicans have increasingly represented the white middle and working classes.

I grew up with a deep sentimental attachment to the United States. My father and uncle were sent there as children when the Nazis bombed London, and they experienced nothing but kindness and warmth in your country. It was a war that English boys were still replaying in their bedrooms 40 years later, with the GIs as the heroic liberators of our lucky half of Europe. As an eight-year-old, I visited the other, less fortunate half, in the city of East Berlin, a deeply frightening place one entered by passing the crosses marking those killed trying to escape. I remember seeing the American soldiers at Checkpoint Charlie – the photo is still somewhere at my parent’s house – and being aware that these were the men protecting us from this nightmare vision, just as their fathers had from an even greater menace 40 years earlier. This sentimental attachment runs deep, so deep I like Dennis Madalone’s America We Stand As One both ironically and unironically.

But I’ve come to believe that America is treading a dangerous path, and the guiding ideal of its ruling class has become, not a protector of our way of life, but a danger to it. We’ve seen a return to the Cold War, with a hostile, belligerent Russia threatening eastern Europe once again, yet it is now the United States which is the superpower promoting a utopian ideology. This ideology was laid out in a recent speech by Barack Obama, when he said:
  • What makes us American, what makes us patriots, is what’s in here. That’s what matters. And that’s why we can take the food and music and holidays and styles of other countries, and blend it into something uniquely our own. That’s why we can attract strivers and entrepreneurs from around the globe to build new factories and create new industries here. That’s why our military can look the way it does, every shade of humanity, forged into common service. That’s why anyone who threatens our values, whether fascists or communists or jihadists or homegrown demagogues, will always fail in the end. That is America. That is America. Those bonds of affection; that common creed. We don’t fear the future; we shape it, we embrace it, as one people, stronger together than we are on our own.
This is stirring stuff, the dream of America, the nation like no other – but where do you see this country heading in the future?

The sort of society I favour for my country is one where city-dwellers use public transport and bikes rather than cars; where the police are routinely unarmed; where there is a large amount of investment in libraries, parks and playgrounds, as well as informative public broadcasting; where the differences between the haves and have-nots are mild and the flaunting of wealth and success is stigmatised. A society where the talented can rise to the top but also where people with average abilities performing average jobs can have a decent life, dignity, and perhaps even afford a home and family in a safe area their children can play in. These are the things I’ve often noticed that American europhiles and anglophiles, mostly Democrats, admire about my country, and compare favourably with their own.

And yet the huge contradiction is that this dream of ‘every shade of humanity’ is incompatible with the sort of egalitarian society Democrats favour, which depends on high levels of trust. There is a great deal of research into the negative effects of diversity on trust, such as this paper here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. This trust affects how much is spent on public goods, and how much people care for the needy. Trust also has an impact on inequality; then there is the evidence that diversity leads away from progressive institutions and towards autocracy. Do you want your president to be a statsminister or a tsar? Increasing diversity is also one of many reasons cited for political polarisation in the US.

Meanwhile ethnic diversity also leads to lower levels of innovation, while values diversity increases it. What America had in 1776 was high values diversity, and low ethnic diversity, without which the British could easily have divided the colonists. Had the America of 1776 contained ‘every shade of humanity forged into common service’ you’d still have the Queen today.

But since the 1960s, American society has changed rapidly; and trust, or social capital, has declined sharply, inequality has risen and politics has become increasingly extreme. These are troubling trends, yet they are umbilically linked to the faith of the American ruling class outlined by Obama. This ideal is incompatible with an egalitarian, liberal, democratic republic, and instead is pushing you in the direction of Latin America, towards a country of sharp economic inequality, political extremism and low trust.

I appreciate that, for American liberals in particular, patriotism is not about where your ancestors came from but an ideal, and an attachment to a set of values. This is heartfelt and genuine, and you are certainly right to abhor racism, but if you try to ignore human nature you will fail in whatever your goal is. Another result of multiculturalism is that the more diversity there is, the more white support there will be for radical right-wing parties at the national level. This is happening across Europe, and it can only be further accelerated when the multicultural party promotes identity politics, as the Democrats are masters of – because either no one does identity politics, or everyone does. This is where Trump comes along.

Donald Trump is not my cup of tea; he is the very antithesis of those mild-mannered northern European values I outlined earlier and as a human being does not seem to possess a single redeeming feature. But the nationalism he espouses, which seems like a derivative of Patrick Buchanan’s 1992 platform, would paradoxically make the United States in the long term far more like the egalitarian social democracy the Left likes.

How do people who like both equality and diversity square this contradiction? On the most part they don’t, because as Damon Linker observed recently in The Week, they have come to view any attachment to the local and real over the global and abstract as morally deviant:
  • Underlying liberal denigration of the new nationalism — the tendency of progressives to describe it as nothing but ‘racism, Islamophobia, and xenophobia’ — is the desire to delegitimise any particularistic attachment or form of solidarity, be it national, linguistic, religious, territorial, or ethnic… cosmopolitan liberals presume that all particularistic forms of solidarity must be superseded by a love of humanity in general, and indeed that these particularistic attachments will be superseded by humanitarianism before long, as part of the inevitable unfolding of human progress.
Is it any surprise then, that across the western world the centre-left is sleepwalking to irrelevance? The proposition nation is a noble concept, and one against which the white identity politics of the Alt Right is hard to morally articulate, but it is very much a utopian one, and certainly something that has never been tried before in a democracy. Liberals boast that demography is on their side, which it certainly is, but when they achieve their goal they might not like what they have created. The more utopian dreams fail the more virulent its believers tend to become towards opponents, but it doesn’t solve the existential contradictions. As a child, I remember a superpower tried changing human nature to create a paradise on earth; that didn’t work out too well.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

supergrafx77 wrote:#ForeverBernie
Um... I think that's my hashtag here.

Try listening to the words that actually come from the man's mouth. If Sanders truly sold out, he'd have gotten himself a high-ranking cabinet position like Clinton did. Instead he demanded policy changes. Why are you turning your back on him for a perpetual vanity candidate?

All 5% means is President Trump.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

And even Zizek wants Trump to win; what crazy times we live in.

Opus's posts a few pages back remind me when I went through my own John Cage phase back in late high-school early-college. I was balls-deep in all that weird music stuff; I still have Boulez, Cage, and Ligeti CDs buried in my cabinets.
seattlexc

Post by seattlexc »

Can we please close this thread after the US election is over? This thread has been a real shit stain on the forums :lol:
RIP Seattle SuperSonics - 1967–2008
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Which sort of reflects the whole election, really.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

we should make a spirit cooking thread
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

EmperorIng wrote:And even Zizek wants Trump to win; what crazy times we live in.

Opus's posts a few pages back remind me when I went through my own John Cage phase back in late high-school early-college. I was balls-deep in all that weird music stuff; I still have Boulez, Cage, and Ligeti CDs buried in my cabinets.
Ligeti was kinda ok. I ditched the rest a long time ago, and even at the time i couldn't stomach Cage nor Stockhausen. I went as far as Anton Webern then retraced my steps a bit and didn't try to go farther than Stravinsky or Bartok. Now i'm pondering whether i should go even backwards. Those men were geniuses but modernism is spiritual suicide. With Bach i can stimulate both my mind and my soul. Those guys are sometimes intellectually stimulating, but their work rots the soul. If i feel in the mood of listening to something modern, it has to be at least remotely intelligible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn9fTO7zp5Q

And nowadays modernism is dumb on top of being rotten so there are really no redeeming qualities. That Spirit Cooking crap is as vile as it is idiotic.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Excuse me sir do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Satan ?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I want to know more about this satan thing
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

Rob wrote:
Opus131 wrote:When i think of "white" culture, i think of Shakespeare, Bach, or Gothic Cathedrals. Whatever it is you globalist lunatics seem to be into is not "western" by any stretch of the imagination. And the vast majority of westerners are basically hostage to this satanic aberrant culture which poisons the soul and has an actual active agenda to destroy the body of all western nations.
Yes, Abrahamic religion and its grip on pure white European culture. I'll have the "satanic" aberrant option, thanks. :shock:
If Christianity led to the creation of beautiful things than it couldn't possible have been THAT bad, wouldn't you say?

Of course, i'm biased, since i think of the middle ages as the high point of post classical European civilization:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoByeIZXkmY
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Opus131 wrote:If i feel in the mood of listening to something modern, it has to be at least remotely intelligible
Have you tried Japanese idol music?
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Opus131 wrote:Of course, i'm biased, since i think of the middle ages as the high point of post classical European civilization:

http://youtu.be/YgYEuJ5u1K0
Fixed that link for you.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Sumez wrote:I want to know more about this satan thing
He's the guy on page one of this thread telling us everything that was going to happen, before it happened.

We were so naive and optimistic back then. Before all the dreams in the world died forever. His nihilism could have saved us. If only we knew enough to listen.
seattlexc wrote:Can we please close this thread after the US election is over? This thread has been a real shit stain on the forums :lol:
Absolutely not. :x

Are you crazy? Once you reach max level, that's when you get to start playing the game.
If Christianity led to the creation of beautiful things than it couldn't possible have been THAT bad, wouldn't you say?
It's just Judaism for white people with weird broscience tacked on over the centuries and another wizard added in. We don't play 3rd edition D&D in my house, mister.

did u guys kno that souls aren't even in either of the bibles they use as canon, and that when u die you just turn back into Yahweh's poop?
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

Sumez wrote:I want to know more about this satan thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X2r1KcxdG0
quash

Post by quash »

Satan isn't even the one you should be worried about. Kek, on the other hand...
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

Satan is a total cuck.
supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

Here's a special treat for Xyga, Mischief Maker and friends. I posted previously at neogeo.com, so just will copy/paste my present to you fellas. ENJOY:

(Previously on neogeo.com)
Voted at lunch break.
Since I live in MD, which is obviously going to go to Hillary, I had decided I'd vote Jill Stein/Green Party, so that I could add my vote to the 5% needed so that our oligarchy would recognize the Greens as a major party for 2020.

But then, on my way to the voting place, everywhere I looked were illegal immigrants, either working for some white/black contractor or cutting me off as I drove.
I was also reminded of how many pansy neoliberal fuckers at work that I knew, had voted against Bernie and were Hillbot POS. Those fuckers.
I still hadn't made up my mind, but when I got to the voting booth, everything became clear.
Long story short, VOTED TRUMP. The total Fuck You Vote, felt good for a change instead of feeling once again, like progressive road kill.
Fuck Democrats up the ass. #foreverBernie
Opus131

Post by Opus131 »

Fuck the system.
Dangerous_D

Post by Dangerous_D »

I hope we don't get Clinton in the White House
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

supergrafx77 wrote:Here's a special treat for Xyga, Mischief Maker and friends. I posted previously at neogeo.com, so just will copy/paste my present to you fellas. ENJOY:

(Previously on neogeo.com)
Voted at lunch break.
Since I live in MD, which is obviously going to go to Hillary, I had decided I'd vote Jill Stein/Green Party, so that I could add my vote to the 5% needed so that our oligarchy would recognize the Greens as a major party for 2020.

But then, on my way to the voting place, everywhere I looked were illegal immigrants, either working for some white/black contractor or cutting me off as I drove.
I was also reminded of how many pansy neoliberal fuckers at work that I knew, had voted against Bernie and were Hillbot POS. Those fuckers.
I still hadn't made up my mind, but when I got to the voting booth, everything became clear.
Long story short, VOTED TRUMP. The total Fuck You Vote, felt good for a change instead of feeling once again, like progressive road kill.
Fuck Democrats up the ass. #foreverBernie
It's not Hillary you're angry at.

supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

Mischief Maker wrote: It's not Hillary you're angry at.
Yeah I am, +@the DNC +@bros like you.
Opus is right=fuck the system. Unleash Godzilla now. Sometimes you literally have to let everything BERN, before you can start over.
No wonder places like Venezuela and Cuba had to lock it down. Too many idiots, make democracy a very hard feat to unlock (those sovereign states just mentioned knew what the US was up to and how they just love to nation build their NWO).
#I'mWithCheGuevara
#I'mWithRIPHugoChavez
#I'mWithWikileaks
I was for Julian Assange 10 yrs. ago, and still am. Hate democrats. Hate the GOP as well.
How can you call yourself a progressive, man?!
Seriously, just another storm trooper aka globalist/capitalist moron.
Sick of Obama apologists.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

supergrafx77 wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote: It's not Hillary you're angry at.
Yeah I am, +@the DNC +@bros like you.
Opus is right=fuck the system. Unleash Godzilla now. Sometimes you literally have to let everything BERN, before you can start over.
No wonder places like Venezuela and Cuba had to lock it down. Too many idiots, make democracy a very hard feat to unlock (those sovereign states just mentioned knew what the US was up to and how they just love to nation build their NWO).
#I'mWithCheGuevara
#I'mWithRIPHugoChavez
#I'mWithWikileaks
I was for Julian Assange 10 yrs. ago, and still am. Hate democrats. Hate the GOP as well.
How can you call yourself a progressive, man?!
Seriously, just another storm trooper aka globalist/capitalist moron.
Sick of Obama apologists.
Dude, I was a political activist for 5 years. You're not the first liberal I've seen pull a David Horowitz. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

Every so often someone would come to the office who was almost maniacally progressive. They'd last a few months of getting their hands dirty with the day to day of organizing, get really really frustrated that things weren't moving as fast as they'd like, then one day would loudly and flamboyantly announce they were leaving and ultimately ended up becoming rabidly conservative. My interpretation is they had some deep gnawing hunger in their lives they foolishly hoped politics would fulfill.

I've also run into people who started out as hardcore conservatives who switched to the left, joined our group, and actually proved to be some of the hardest-working most reliable teammates you could ask for.

The cognitive dissonance between your Bernie avatar and hashtagging against your arguments that ran completely counter to Bernie's actual political movement made me suspect you were going to do a 180 last week, but I held my tongue and gave you the benefit of the doubt. Oh well.

If you were hoping this "fuck you" vote would make you special I'm afraid you're mistaken.