Equivalent-ish Sites for Other Genres

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Yoshi

Equivalent-ish Sites for Other Genres

Post by Yoshi »

Can anyone recommend sites at least reasonably similar (but obviously inferior) to this one for other genres?
Mortificator

Re: Equivalent-ish Sites for Other Genres

Post by Mortificator »

A lot of the old forums have been subsumed by Reddit or Discord. Doomworld is one that's still going, though Doom isn't a genre (except it kind of is?)
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
guigui

Post by guigui »

I guess Shoryuken forum for Vs fighting.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

I guess RPG Codex counts, but that place is a horrid fucking cesspit that nobody should ever visit.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
guigui

Post by guigui »

No Mutants Allowed

Fallout (good old DOS cRPG by Chris Avelone and team) franchise community. Lots of RPG connoisseurs here, nice pre/post Fallout 3 confrontations, lots of mods for your Fallout experience, many "games like Fallout". Definitely a good niche forum too.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

guigui wrote:I guess Shoryuken forum for Vs fighting.
SRK closed a few years ago, didn't it?
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Yeah. SRK is sadly gone.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Oh sorry I missed that. Any specific reason it died ? Any replacement place ?
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

WCNews.com has a pretty active forum. It's not genre specific per se but Wing Commander series specific.

There also used to be Rolling-Start.com for arcade racing games, but it's sadly closed down and the domain is taken over by a content farm. Archive.org has snapshots of the forum itself, but none of the actual threads appear to be archived. :'(
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

guigui wrote:Oh sorry I missed that. Any specific reason it died ? Any replacement place ?
Here you go:

https://www.destructoid.com/legendary-s ... f-january/
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

This is basically the last phpbb style board I go to. Everywhere else that I would have suggested shut down.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

null1024 wrote:This is basically the last phpbb style board I go to. Everywhere else that I would have suggested shut down.
Okay big question:

Are there any other forums out there that come to mind, at all, full stop? Like not just for gaming, but like, at all?
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

The only other big forum I can think of offhand is Doomworld -- I don't go there, however.
Genuinely a dying breed.

[edit]
Actually, I'm also wrong on both counts: I do go to the HPCFactor forum, which is about Windows CE handheld PCs. Haven't posted in a fair bit, but I haven't actually had anything to post about, and I hate to say it, but it's a dying topic on a dying platform. :P
Real shame.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
null1024 wrote:This is basically the last phpbb style board I go to. Everywhere else that I would have suggested shut down.
Okay big question:

Are there any other forums out there that come to mind, at all, full stop? Like not just for gaming, but like, at all?
The Gear Page for music stuff and arguments

Singletrack for MTB stuff and arguments

Performance Bikes for motorcycle stuff and, well, arguments
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Okay big question:

There are still a fair few car forums.