Review: Breakthrough Gaming's Football 2 (PS4|5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

Review: Breakthrough Gaming's Football 2 (PS4|5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

TRASHSTORM - EPISODE XI
CRAPPER BOWL AND THE END OF BREAKTHROUGH GAMING

TRASHSTORM IS NOT A REAL STORY.
IS NOT EVEN GOOD FICTION.
IS TRASH GAME REVIEWS.
ALL OF THE GAMES FEATURED WOULD CAUSE A PERSON DISAPPOINTMENT,
ANGER, FRUSTRATION, DEPRESSION, MONEY LOSS INCLUDED.
TO PUT IT ANOTHER WAY: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

The Trashstorm so far...
Spoiler

Looks like Breakthrough Gaming is on its deathbed, some of the new games are no longer appearing on the PS Store and those like ZJ the Ball, Zippy the Circle, the Welcome to the world of... visual novels and the Date RPG are no longer available for purchase. Looks like someone at Sony had enough of the Breakthrough Gaming/Project: Summer Ice shit that plagued our PlayStations.
To complete this Anti-saga of shit and say goodbye-and-never-come-back to the "LJN of the 21st Century" let's close it with their last entry of their Arcade series, which sooner or later it will become unavailable to buy. Yeah, Breakthrough Gaming's Football 2, A.K.A. Football 2: Breakthrough Gaming Arcade.

Regardless of which mode you pick, it still sucks.

The "Main feature" that justifies the pathetic existence of this retool of the original Football game is to being able to select a "setup".
"1P (Offense) vs CPU (Defense)" is the same as the first Football game, where you're the player running forwards to the right, while dodging the opponents trying to take you down. The rule remains the same; Get knocked down four times and its Game Over. The objective is to complete four Touchdowns on this mode to obtain all the trophies. Getting the 5th Touchdown is gonna be tough here since the game difficulty was rebalanced from the first time, as Stage 3 will increase the speed of the opponents and Stage 4 will throw you 2 at a time making them more unpredictable.

"1P (Defense) vs CPU (Offense)" This is the new game mode where the roles reverse. You are controlling the jumping opponents that go from right to left automatically, but you can make them jump by pressing the X button. You can survive as many touchdowns as possible, but you can't get all the trophies on this mode.

You can also choose for Player 2 to take either defense or offense, but that would require someone stupid enough to play this game with you. ¿Can't get the 5th Touchdown trophy? select "1P (Offense) vs 2P (Defense)" on the title screen and there you go. The game will play without having a second controller plugged, making Player 1's progression extremely easy.

The Crapper Bowl is brought to you by "F & U".
When life gives you annoying moments, "F & U" is there for you.

In terms of graphics and sounds are the same audiovisual crap as the first Breakthrough Gaming's Football, so there's not too much to talk about it since I've said what I had to say back then.

I'm glad to hear that, Nina.

It's the end of reviewing Breakthrough Gaming titles, and what started as shit, ended on the depths of the cesspool of gaming, and I can't be any more happier. I'm extremely happy to end this messed journey of trash reviews (or at least the Breakthrough Gaming part of it), so I'm gonna give Trashstorm a well-earned break until I find more trash games (or shmups) to poke fun of them. If Myron comes back, you've been warned throughout my reviews, so keep your distance from all that trash and have fun with other and much better games.

Total Victory: Breakthrough Gaming is finally gone.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki