Review: Project Summer Ice - Pinball (PS4|5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

Review: Project Summer Ice - Pinball (PS4|5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

TRASHSTORM - EPISODE VIII
BREAK-TURD GAMING...AGAIN

TRASHSTORM IS NOT A REAL STORY.
IS NOT EVEN GOOD FICTION.
IS TRASH GAME REVIEWS.
ALL OF THE GAMES FEATURED WOULD CAUSE A PERSON DISAPPOINTMENT,
ANGER, FRUSTRATION, DEPRESSION, MONEY LOSS INCLUDED.
TO PUT IT ANOTHER WAY: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

Looks like Myron Kevan Tynes Jr. is REALLY begging for bashing reviews. Well, time to answer that plea with another of my lambasting trash game reviews.
This time is Project: Summer Ice Pinball.

Sigh, the trash games I have to play so you don't have to...

Breakthrough Gaming and its trash game catalog is the disease of the PlayStation, and after barfing an atrocious Santa Claus game on the Sony's PS Store, it still has videogame pestilence looming on the horizon. These are the Project: Summer Ice - Pinball series.

The first thing about this game is that the game is a spin-off of the Bowling games as the game takes place after the events of the Story Mode of said games. Like Bowling, Pinball has three editions: Pammy, Jane and Mark. The three disgraces play the same way as Breakthrough Gaming Arcade's Pinball. The main difference is that you have to navigate through a lame visual novel story which you can skip by tapping the X button like if there was no tomorrow. After that, you'll be playing the pinball game. In order to progress you have to get at least 1500 points before losing your three lives and then tap the X button again until the cutscene ends and well done, you've cleared this fucked up shit.

Learning that it's up to you. Now don't blew it up.

Graphically, Myron BARELY makes an effort on improving the monotonous and lazy game graphics. I mean, the only colored thing in the pinball segment was the ball with a basic pixel-based lighting, but the fucking screen is completely monochromed resulting in a lifeless, dull and boring game. Even I can do a better pinball screen for this game on Microsoft Paint. Calling this game Shovelware is an insult and blasphemy to all the games that comprise that genre. The cutscenes are plain awful, all the game's "Story" is one image. ONE SINGLE DRAWING is all what Myron used for his "Story", a total display of both laziness and zero budget. This makes The Amazing Bulk look like Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Also, the image looks like if someone took a drawing and overpixelated it in Photoshop to make it look videogame-ish, but it looks like shit. The sound deparment is recycled from the Bowling games and there's not too much to see or hear about this offense to gaming. Unlike their previous games, the Bible references are toned down, just limiting to a end-of-story morale where they tell you that you can ask God for guidance on your first date.

I agree with Shizuka this time.

There's no human way possible to be happy after playing this monotonous and pathetic display of videogame idiocy. Not even for trophy-boosting, and I say this after playing shovelware and finding good things there like the Cubic series. But those at least they made an effort and they had some quality and replay value, while Myron still works on the cheap and even on the laziness. For a Christian-themed game, isn't sloth a sin? Then Myron has sinned a lot with all these games.

SO BAD IT'S LAUGHABLE!
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki