Mighty Bomb Jeck

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
SAM

Mighty Bomb Jeck

Post by SAM »

Mighty Bomb Jack is a NES game, a sequel to Bomb Jack.

Anyone had been playing this?

I acquired this cart a week ago, and have been playing it ever since.

Having so much fun that I am completly hooked.

The game is about picking up bombs in sequence, while aviod touching the enemy characters.

If you are playing the game for the first time, I suggest you should gone though the game basic, and control section in the game manual/FAQ before playing.

As for the game, there are 16 Rounds, in each Round consists of your character going though aisle filled with bombs til you reached the Royal Chamber. In every aisle, rooms and Royal Chamber, there are bombs to be picked up in sequence. Each bomb normally worth 100 pts, but when picked up in squence, it becomes 200pts. You also get bonus points for picking up all the bombs in an aisle (10,000pts) or Royal Chamber (50,000pts) in sequence.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
Marc

Re: Mighty Bomb Jeck

Post by Marc »

I tried Bombjack Twin a few days ago. Fuck ne it's hard, but not in a good way.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
SAM

Post by SAM »

Marc wrote:I tried Bombjack Twin a few days ago. Fuck ne it's hard, but not in a good way.
Too bad you found it not enjoyable, I ammited the arcade version of this game kind of boring due to it only got single screen stages.

The NES console adoption, a.k.a. Mighty Bomb Jack, have stages with with multi-screens aisles which you can move along, opening treasure chests, finding ways to get inside locked chambers or discovering secret chambers. You could also choose different paths by going though defferent exits of the aisles.

Also altough still difficute, the game is not as tough as its arcade counterparts, and the learning curve is not as steep.

By the way, if you pick up the bombs in sequence, not only you get bonus points, the power item which turns the enemy into coins would appear sooner. And when you take a certain number of coins the bombs' points mutipler item would appears. As you takes that, the power item would appears even sooner, and so on... you got the idea?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

The real fun of this game begins when you want to get the better endings, which require you to get the crystal balls in Rounds 7, 12 and for you to get five S-coins if I remember correctly, the coins that require you to power yourself up to pink/green colors. Those unlock extra rooms in the final round which have their own solutions to how you beat them.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup