SP Review: Breakthrough Gaming's Skateboarding 2 (PS4|5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

SP Review: Breakthrough Gaming's Skateboarding 2 (PS4|5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

TRASHFALL FINAL II (PART XIII)
MYRON KEVAN TYNES JR.'s PRO-CRAPPER 2022

I call this trick the "Phoenixed Bob" *Crashes with the ground*

In the movie Rambo: First Blood Part II, Rambo was captured by the North Vietnamese army and almost submerged in a cesspool filled with raw sewage, urine and shit (both human and animal), with leeches clinging on his skin. One of the worst prisoner torture methods out there. Playing a Breakthrough Gaming title (or any other trash game) is basically the same thing. The only difference is that you've paid for it.

This time, Skateboarding is the sport to be disgraced. Well, it is the second time Myron disgraced this sport. The major innovation of this game is that you can "select" a Course by pressing Square, Triangle or Circle. Regardless of which one you take, the game seems to use procedural generation, so the obstacle course will differ, that's the only point in favor 'cos its the first time I see that in Breakthrough Gaming's catalogue of trash. The high score objective was rebalanced from 7,000 points to 6,000. But the rest of the game remains the same as in the first one: Doing tricks with ramps and the jump button while moving left or right to do a flip. Like in the first game, pressing L1/R1 will perform the Air Forward Flip and you'll get more points. In terms of trophy progression, this game gives you more trophies than the four of the first Skateboarding: 12 trophies. That's three times the amount from the first game, but still is trash.
In a zero-creativity move, Myron recycled EVERYTHING from the first title: Same trash graphics, same mechanics, same religious lesson about God wanting us to enjoy our life and the same music which is the only good thing about this game. Like I said in my review of Skateboarding "An F- in gameplay and graphics, but a C+ in sound".

Another bad day "at the office" for Shizuka.

Breakthrough Gaming once again brought us a denigrating, blasphemous, heretic and insulting excuse for a game. Skateboarding 2 feels more like a cheap expansion for the game rather than a whole new title resulting in a 1 dollar waste that has nothing new to offer, except for 12 trophies. You'll rather play an LJN game than this.

That sums up the whole thing.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki