Micomsoft Cyberstick Returns

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
SuperDeadite

Micomsoft Cyberstick Returns

Post by SuperDeadite »

https://www.micomsoft.co.jp/release20220624-1.html

Meant for the MD Mini 2, but being USB, hopefully all the emulators will add support for it. Originally designed for X68000 Afterburner, this was the defacto analog stick of Japan for a long time. Most notable on the X68000, but there are also games for PC98, FM Towns, MD, MCD, 32X, and even PCE that support it.
BrianC

Re: Micomsoft Cyberstick Returns

Post by BrianC »

I was wondering about the XE1 AJ (which the Cyberstick seems to be a variant of). I wasn't sure if the original version of that stick was compatible with Genesis, but it looked like it might be a nice way to play the Genesis port of ABII. Hope the USB one turns out good for PC games, as well as the mini. Interesting that they are using the name of the Sharp version, but still using XE1AJ as the product id.
Koa Zo

Re: Micomsoft Cyberstick Returns

Post by Koa Zo »

Certainly no one would have ever predicted this!
Is Sega going to highlight the analog games they had on the Mega drive? Have to wonder if the MD Mini II will support other USB analog controllers?!?
So far we have Afterburner II, Star Blade, and Night Striker announced.
Galaxy Force II and After Burner III have to be in there. I'd hope Super Monaco GP II makes it. Human's Fastest 1 seems unlikely.
Out Run on the PC-Engine controls well with the Cyber Stick or XE-1AP pad. It sure would be neat if M2 added analog support for the MD Out Run (though I imagine that would be no small feat)