SP Review: Breakthrough Gaming's Horse Riding (PS4|5)

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sturmvogel Prime

SP Review: Breakthrough Gaming's Horse Riding (PS4|5)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

TRASHFALL FINAL II (PART XII)
A BAD RIDE

STAY COOL!
- SOMEONE WAKES THE NOISE UP! -

"Bible Game Sunday" again, that means Breakthrough Gaming, but the best way to describe it is "Gaming Hell".

I know, it hurts.

Well, looks like Myron Kevan Tynes Jr. doesn't want to give this world a breath. Not even on Sundays, and this game is a clear proof of it.

The narcoleptic version of Circus Charlie's first level.

Today's unfortunate victim of Myron's twisted atrocities is Equestrianism, better known as "Horseback Riding", which is one of the finest yet demanding sports in the world at the point that is basically an art. Fancy race paths and obstacle courses that demands the utmost of both rider and horse with a synchronicity as if they're one single being. ¿How does Breakthrough Gaming could adapt those implications in a "retro-esque" arcade game?. Myron's answer was to reskin his crappy Track game, just adapting it to horse racing. Just jump obstacles in an horizontal line. Your only breaks are in between levels lasting as long as you don't press the X button. Like in Track's case, the game is endless and you only have one life which you'll inevitably lose in Stage 5 or 6 as the game's speed climbs around 10% per level, making obstacle jumping technically impossible at higher levels. As for the track layout, I'm really sure that the obstacle course is the same as in Breakthrough Gaming's Track. The game's trophy progression requires to reach a total of 8,000 ft in a single playthrough and reach Stage 6.

¿Does reviewing this game and tell everyone about this atrocity counts as a goal in life?
My answer is definitely "YES".

The Bible is insulted in this game as usual and involves the premise of being patient and kind through the Holy Spirit. Sorry, but even with the Holy Spirit, no human being could be kind or love this offense to videogames. The same damned thing goes for the developer. Antichrist of gaming, trash developer, "Audiovisual Terrorist", a major offender to everything gaming represents and a blasphemous videogame thief whose content should be banned from any console store.

Graphics are laughable, the rider is standing on top of the saddle in an unrealistic manner or like if he was the clown riding a lion from Circus Charlie, while the horse sprite is simplistic and looks like it came from an old Amstrad computer, making this game a bad reskin of Track. music is the same "Batman Wrong", the ripoff of the 66's Batman theme Breakthrough Gaming used Track.

I agree with Shizuka this time, Nina.

Horse Racing is more of the same trash from Breakthrough Gaming. A "Zero-Budget" attempt of making a new game using an old one that feels more like a bad videogame hack than a new game.
Really, we need someone put the brakes on Breakthrough Gaming. Our consoles deserves better things.

Just BURN IN HELL AND LEAVE US ALONE!!
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
BrianC

Re: SP Review: Breakthrough Gaming's Horse Riding (PS4|5)

Post by BrianC »

The horse is simplistic, but it's hilarious how it stands out compared to everything else. I'm surprised that it's actually not a stick figure horse. Though it does resemble a mule, which is strangely fitting.