STREET FIGHTER 6 - LETS FIGHT

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Air Master Burst

Re: SF6 - OPEN BETA- May 19th - 21st

Post by Air Master Burst »

How well does the hub world stuff control with an arcade stick? I'm having horrible flashbacks to the PS2 era Mortal Kombat games.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

I'm playing on PC with a HitBox, so any time I needed to walk around, I used mouse+keyboard. The game happily accepts both mouse and pad inputs at once, at least. I have no idea if there's a simplified digital only control setup for navigating the hub, I should check.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I had my pad and stick hooked up at the same time at first, but using a stick by itself is fine for hub. If you're playing World Tour you're probably going to want a pad.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I used to be really into fighting games but life circumstances changed and now I hardly play them any more. The hype for Street Fighter 6 has sort of drawn me back through. I treated my self to the Dark Matter arcade stick which is really awesome. All sanwa parts and it can be used on Switch, Xbox Series, PS4, and PC.

Street Fighter 6 also seems to have easier inputs or a longer input buffer. I'm almost never dropping target combos. Good shit.

The presentation is on point, the game is nice and flashy, great game feel. The new mechanics are great too. This games going to be special.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

TFAT I hear you on life. We get older, things come up. Glad to hear SF 6 is good enough to get you back!

Anyone want to throw down tonight?
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

Air Master Burst wrote:How well does the hub world stuff control with an arcade stick? I'm having horrible flashbacks to the PS2 era Mortal Kombat games.
I unplugged my mouse to plug my stick in, but I found I could turn with the keyboard arrow keys. Not perfect, but functional.
Stevens

Re: STREET FIGHTER 6 - LETS FIGHT

Post by Stevens »

It's out. It's awesome. First post updated. Let's throwdown.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

If you want an easy win against a very dumb Zangief who won't stop going for EX command grabs:

PC:
Klatrymadon
User code: 3263832621

PS4:
Klatrymadon
User code: 3545170641
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I don't plan on getting it but I always keep up on Street Fighter because of any fighter it always has my favorite characters. This game is so charming and the new faces are as fantastic as the revamped veterans.

I'm starting to think that gentlemanly characters are an archetype I prefer over most. Dudley, G, and JP are some top tier picks for me. And JP's Bartitsu fighting style is a fresh change of pace and underrepresented.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Ouch, everytime I see a new fighting game coming out with everyone hyping it, I think to myself that I will try it.
Then I look at the movelist, then I qui before even trying.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

This is why I've started with gief. I've never really practiced combo timings in SF games or tried to implement any sort of advanced tech, and even certain directional inputs can be tricky (I'm mainly thinking of Guile's zig-zag ultra combo in IV), so I wanted someone who only required me to focus on the fundamentals. With Zangief I don't really have to worry about combos at all, and all of his inputs are simple enough. One little set-up I like to use is Lariat (LP + MP) for anti-air, then forward MK to get in, then SPD. Big, dumb fun.

I also frequently just go for the Siberian Express (qcb + kick), a fullscreen run-up command grab which should be getting me into lots of trouble, but which seems to be working against most opponents in Bronze. :P
To Far Away Times

I'm a Gief main as well.

Forward Medium kick has no negative frames on block and moves you toward your opponent. Plenty of time to buffer a couple rotations of the joystick. If your opponent does anything other than jump they go for a ride.

Gief also gets huge rewards for reading footsies in neutral. I like to walk forward towards the opponent, and react to any movement as fast as possible with a Drive Impact and start buffering those rotations. Drive Impact + EX Spinning Pile Driver on counter hit is like 40% of the opponent's health bar.

Never really been a big combo guy, but I can land some real soviet damage with the best of 'em.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Been having a lot of fun with the game. I'm playing Ken right now and just doing MP>HP>623HP/super a lot. :lol:
Apart from a few odd disconnections, I've had no real issues. Kinda wish the menu layout would be like, better organized all around, but being able to load up training and at any point, enable/disable challenges has been a 11/10 godsend. Every fighting game needs to do this.

Oh yeah, there is one odd thing -- if you're about to get challenged, you can't hit the reset button in training. Kind of annoying if the negotiation takes more than a moment and you just want to keep practicing.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Hey. Been playing a bunch. Randoms in the battle hub/fighting grounds. Lab work.

Haven't touched rank.

Sometimes I administer the beatings, other times I receive them. Just walk up to machines and play, sort of like when I was a kid.

Of course I've been maining Jamie and early consensus is that he is weak. That said it will never be as bad as SFIV Vega. I've also put a little time into Lily.

Capcom outdid themselves.

Got wrecked Saturday night 7-0 against a Honda before I knew the matchup. I practiced a few things and found another Honda. Won two of five, but those matches were much closer. Even got my first perfect.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Been having a ton of fun online [honestly, I just go into training and enable all challengers, haven't touched Battle Hub in a while], but I finally decided to try out World Tour. It's neat.
I also found that you don't need to do any complicated controller swap nonsense for moving around in 3D -- holding LB [at least, LB on my HitBox, the game seems to notice what I've plugged in and edits the button order slightly] lets you use the face buttons to rotate the camera.
When I started, I was going at it with HitBox and mouse.

Given everything so far, SF6 is easily the best money I've spent on fighting games in a while. Sure, it doesn't quite have the level of sauce that like, Strive has, but SF isn't an anime game and that's alright. God, I missed having moves actually trade. :lol:
To Far Away Times

I got a very fraudulent Honda into Platinum rank. Didn't think that was possible when I started.

With the nature of ranked matches, you'll always win about half of them. So it's hard to measure progress or feel like you're improving. But I did see a thing on Reddit with the rank distribution and the number of players. If you make it to platinum you're in approximately the Top 20% of players. I think that's about as far as I can take Honda. The higher level platinum players just wreck me. I've never been great at combos and I've always focused on wrestler characters or big damage characters with simple combos and live with the tradeoffs that come with that.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I finally took the bait and did rank placements with Jaime.
Went 6-4, placed me in gold 2.

Lost my first match. Then went on a 15 game streak. Lost 0-2 to a DJ, and then won out until I hit plat.

Guessing I'll be here for a while.
To Far Away Times

Got Guile into Platinum today. So that's three chracters now; Zangief, Honda, and Guile.

I think I like Guile the best. He's got a good kit. Great zoning as you'd expect and his normals are quite good too. I feel like I control the screen even in footsie range. He can get some decent damage off easy combos like 2MP, 2MP, Flash Kick. And you can get into that simple combo a lot of different ways.

He really doesn't have any major weakness that I can see, and his game plan is simple to execute.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Nice! We should run sets sometimes.

Was dropping inputs all over yesterday. Wake up DP? Nope. Yo punish counter! 2hp into bakkai into super! Misses confirm into bakkai. Ugh. Plat is definitely where that stuff starts costing you wins. Like I said above - I'll be here for a bit but that's OK.

Game feels really good balance wise. Here is % win by characters in master rank as of a week ago:
Spoiler
JP: 51.97% (A Tier)

Dhalsim: 51.67% (A Tier)

Luke: 51.65% (A Tier)

Edmond Honda: 51.05% (B Tier)

Chun-Li: 51.01% (B Tier)

Ken: 50.97% (B Tier)

Guile: 50.73% (B Tier)

Juri: 50.32% (B Tier)

Cammy: 50.25% (B Tier)

Kimberly: 50.05% (B Tier)

Marisa: 49.46% (C Tier)

Blanka: 49.32% (C Tier)

Manon: 49.29% (C Tier)

Dee Jay: 49.12% (C Tier)

Lily: 47.87% (D Tier)

Jamie: 47.58% (D Tier)

Ryu: 46.40% (D Tier)

Zangief: 45.73% (D Tier)
That was taken from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/ ... atches_at/

1-14 are within 3%. That's unheard of. I could see the bottom 4 getting minor buffs. As always how do you buff without making broken? Especially in Jamie's case (a Jamie player won Tampa Never Sleeps over the weekend).

Although on the flip side the devs don't seem too concerned with that - have you seen Rashid's trailer?
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

I got put in Gold 3 with Lily, Gold 1 with Ryu, and Platinum 3 with Cammy after placement matches.

I kept playing with Ryu and now I'm Platinum 1 with him. But this is right around my skill level, I'm losing almost as much as I'm winning now in this rank.

It's funny the system thought I was decent with Cammy. I've never played the character in any iteration of SF. Gonna grind more with Ryu to keep learning the game, cause I know I will get massacred with Cammy in Plat 3.

Enviado de meu 2201116SG usando o Tapatalk
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

The grind is real: )
To Far Away Times

Stevens wrote:Nice! We should run sets sometimes.

Was dropping inputs all over yesterday. Wake up DP? Nope. Yo punish counter! 2hp into bakkai into super! Misses confirm into bakkai. Ugh. Plat is definitely where that stuff starts costing you wins. Like I said above - I'll be here for a bit but that's OK.
If you want some ez wins my handle is AFarAwayTime