STREET FIGHTER 6 - LETS FIGHT

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
kid aphex

Re: Street Fighter 6 - Guile Trailer

Post by kid aphex »

Saving the long version for round-ending Supers is a good idea
But I'm also for seeing them each and every time
Sorry, professional gamers.
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

kid aphex wrote:professional gamers.
How very dare you! I'm an enthusiastic amateur at best :lol:
Stevens

Re: Street Fighter 6 - Kimberly and Juri Revealed

Post by Stevens »

Two new warriors enter the ring:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMGWi6hN0j0
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
RottenToTheGore

Post by RottenToTheGore »

drauch wrote:That seems like something that would be cool to see a few times, then into the territory of 'hurry the fuck up and get back to the game'. That sort of stuff just really interrupts the gameplay for me, I don't understand it. Seems like something that should be in single player only. But I'm sure I'm the minority!
I get you, and I agree with others saying it's a perfect chance to rage quit. However I like it because it's a chance to breathe.

I try to stay pretty neutral when it comes to new fighting games. Back when SF4 came out I hated it because it wasn't 3rd Strike, but I came back to it when Super SF4 was released and really enjoyed it. Also took some time before I started SF5 and had fun with that as well. Having friends and locals to play and learn with always gets me into playing more.

(But what do I know, I never got into Smash and I live in MD. Which has a huge Smash community.)
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Did Juri just do that bike slide from Akira?
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Does this mean Zeku's not coming back? Because that would really suck.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

It definitely feels like I’m in the minority… but I’ve always hated Juri’s design and attitude.
But wow… Kimberly. Great new character. Love it.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

New trailer: Includes Ken, Blanka, Dhalsim, E. Honda. Tons of footage from the open world mode.
https://youtu.be/0fK00krJ390

I hate that I’m actually liking the open world stuff…

They go into much more detail on the game modes and new fighters during Capcom’s TGS stream
https://youtu.be/gIklYh8pEjs
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

Just give us playable Haggar already.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

I like it. A lot

Enviado de meu 2201116SG usando o Tapatalk
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Ken looks hype and I'm digging all the new little tricks they're giving the old guard.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
bottino

Post by bottino »

Foderam com o Blanka :lol:
Ken looks hype and I'm digging all the new little tricks they're giving the old guard.
"For a moment there I thought that was Terry from Garou", said an anonymous SNK staff veteran.
Stevens

Re: Street Fighter 6 - World Tour n' 4 Original World Warrio

Post by Stevens »

Are you ok?!
null1024

Post by null1024 »

This is the most excited I've been for a game in a while. Everything they've shown looks great.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it. But I think these character designs look like garbage, I hate the weird unproportioned stubby legs on some of them, and the roster of teens with attitude fucking sucks.

Okay. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Pay me no mind and go back to being happy, I'm gonna go play KoF or something.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

Sengoku Strider wrote:

Okay. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Pay me no mind and go back to being happy, I'm gonna go play KoF or something.
the last KOF has some terrible new designs (I still bought and enjoyed the game though).
Air Master Burst

Sengoku Strider wrote:I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it. But I think these character designs look like garbage,
Oh, well that seems fai-
Sengoku Strider wrote:I'm gonna go play KoF or something.
But... the only good character designs in KoF came from other series! The original characters were mostly shit like the American Sports Team.
Sengoku Strider wrote:and the roster of teens with attitude fucking sucks.
Kyo Kusanagi, the main protagonist of the game and series, is the heir of the Kusanagi clan, one of the three clans that sealed the legendary snake entity known as Orochi. He is a cocky delinquent high school student and leader of the Japan Team.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Also sticking to my original prediction - this game is going to be insane.

Once the game play settles the drive meter will be arguably the best mechanic ever in a Street Fighter game, even if it will take a little getting used to.

The more Capcom shows off the more I want to see. It's like right now they can do no wrong.
Air Master Burst

Stevens wrote:The more Capcom shows off the more I want to see. It's like right now they can do no wrong.
Just wait 10 minutes, guarantee they do something fucking idiotic. It's like clockwork with those guys!

Never change, Capcom! (Unless you feel like fixing all your terribly broken retro collections)
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Don't see it at this point.

All of the important shit they've revealed so far has been aces. Game play, roster, characters tool kits (that we've seen), its presentation, and most importantly Ono has nothing to do with it. His departure will be part of the reason this game is going to succeed.

The only thing I could see holding it back is the net code, which in a way would be kind of funny/sad. VI will be what V should have been.
bottino

Post by bottino »

Stevens wrote:Don't see it at this point.

All of the important shit they've revealed so far has been aces. Game play, roster, characters tool kits (that we've seen), its presentation, and most importantly Ono has nothing to do with it. His departure will be part of the reason this game is going to succeed.

The only thing I could see holding it back is the net code, which in a way would be kind of funny/sad. VI will be what V should have been.
Oh, I agree with you (although the game is a bit too flashy for my tastes and I'm pretty sure my main Dudley won't be making a comeback).

I lol'd at Blanka's new outfit because it reminded me of Fofão (click at your own peril!)
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Don't fret - I would bet when all is said and done the roster will be 30 strong at minimum. Dudley is incredibly popular and wasn't in V.

I bet he makes the cut.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Incredibly sorry. I've been sleeping hard on this thread.

First post updated - Not too hype on Manon, Marissa, or JP, but DJ looks great. That said I was really excited for the final trailer. I have been dying to see Gief' and Lily.

A buddy of mine said a few months back I would wind up playing Lily and he might be right. Long normals, utility in specials, and great mobility. I don't love her design aesthetic, but if she winds up playing like a better version of Vega with a command grab I'll be in heaven.

Sticking to what I said a few months ago - this game is going to be insane. GET HYPE.
Stevens

Re: SF6 - OPEN BETA- May 19th - 21st

Post by Stevens »

Its almost time. Eight character open beta this weekend. Anyone else playing?

Not sure how it works, but if its Capcom ID for matchmaking mine is CainhurstCrow.

Hope to see some of you in the ring.
Air Master Burst

I don't even wanna Street Fighter at people, I just wanna run around Metro City and pretend it's Final Fight instead.
Marc

Post by Marc »

OOH, Retsu!
Oh, shit model.
Why the fuck has no SF since Turbo got SFX right?
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Air Master Burst wrote:I don't even wanna Street Fighter at people, I just wanna run around Metro City and pretend it's Final Fight instead.
And you can do that!

GO TO HEAVEN

Just played about two hours. It's good. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly good. I won a few matches, lost some, and then my buddy got on and beat me pretty good although I did win a few against him.

My only real complaint right now is that the training mode is very limited. You can get interrupted at any time. I spent maybe 20 minutes training. Everything else I learned on the fly.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Finally got home, going to give it a shot in a bit. Having internet issues, so I'm hoping that settles down.
[edit] Feels pretty gud. Haven't really been big on SF in a while, but like, I'll probably pick this up first month. Learned my lesson about day 1 fighting games [still miffed about MBTL], but like, the handful of matches I've had were buttery smooth and didn't have dumb teleport issues.
Air Master Burst wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it. But I think these character designs look like garbage,
Oh, well that seems fai-
Sengoku Strider wrote:I'm gonna go play KoF or something.
But... the only good character designs in KoF came from other series! The original characters were mostly shit like the American Sports Team.
Nah, fuck that. Kyo, K', Iori, Chizuru, Kula, all fuckin' cool. Sure, my all-time favorite designs are like all FF/AOF characters [Terry, Blue Mary, Robert, Yuri]. Not exactly a fan of modern KOF design [so like, what the FUCK were they smoking when they designed Shun'ei], but I'm not going to paint all of the last 29 or so years with the same brush.
Also, regardless of how much of a stereotype the American Sports Team is [bring them back SNK you fucking cowards], Heavy D! is cool with zero irony. Just a kick-ass boxer guy. I like Lucky and Brian too, but like, they do look goofy as shit and their moves don't help [doing a tiger knee spinning tackle sends Brian to space, Lucky gets like the furthest teleport move in 98UM, it's all hilarious].
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Fighting Grounds (not available this weekend) is ultimately where I will be spending my time with SF6.

Battle Hub is cool (I have some actually irl friends on it), but I just want to pick a character and fight.

That said I am all for the new shit if it gets new blood interested.