Bloodborne LTTP: Yharnam Fukkatsu ~ Dream HOONT Never Ends

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
BIL

Bloodborne LTTP: Yharnam Fukkatsu ~ Dream HOONT Never Ends

Post by BIL »

Are you Late To The Party on FromSoft's last decade+ of third-person ARPGs? Do you hate Googling weapon data for one game, only to receive storyline spoilers for another you're yet to play? This is the thread for you, then. :cool: Please keep plot/lore discussion of the other games (Demon's Souls through Elden Ring) to a minimum, and use spoiler tags if you must discuss their story content (OTOH, mechanical/system/difficulty etc comparisons with those games are A-OK and encouraged).

Spoiler tagging for Bloodborne storyline content is appreciated, for the sake of curious onlookers, but not required - this thread is an all-purpose gameplay and lore discussion intended for those who've cleared at least one loop. In other words, window-shoppers beware! And grab a copy of BB - it's a killer game. Image If you like backslashing quickstep action ala Shinobi and ZOE2, do give it a go! If you dig pitch-black horror fantasy with a heavy cosmic bent, and expertly open-ended narrative, likewise. Lovely game on both counts - get BOTH for MAX MULTIPLIER :shock:

A nightmarish discovery: max loop uber-levelled BB is mahfuckin addictive :shock: :cool: Enemies technically stop scaling past Loop 8, but with them hitting hard enough to kill in two or three good blows, and LVLUPs costing a cool 1.5mil+ eggos a pop, it's surprisingly competitive-feeling. I fired up me ol' Dr. Biruford save from last summer, expecting to goof around a little before getting bored, but soon I was back to the hell! You hit really goddamn hard too, of course (assuming you've Chaliced up some nice gems).

Where do you think you're goin?!

A killer glass cannon toybox - like a 3D SOTN with the vital addition of deadly risk, for those who seek it. It really hit me this time around, this is pretty much my GTA. Used to spend hours chilling out watching friends play San Andreas, but try as I might, I could never get anything out of it myself. This is roughly the same concept - a world of comically violent possibilities! - tied to meat n' potatoes HARDCORE KILLING ala Shinobi.

Been using tools more this time around, first out of curiosity, gradually more out of genuine purpose. I'd pretty much ignored Blue Elixir previously, assuming it was more of a pacifistic stealth item. BB is not a game I play to stand still! Turns out, it's actually really handy for aggressive, even borderline-suicidal rucks. While enemies can technically "see" a moving player, you'll still benefit from a much smaller radar profile, freeing up vital split-seconds to keep your back un-stabbed.

Been fooling about with the Shaman Bone Blade, too. Quite a pain in the ass that you can only carry three >_< but it can create some amusing, albeit short-lived infights. Besides the effect itself lasting about ~15secs, enemies will actively target their afflicted comrade, so it takes some creativity to really cause carnage. :mrgreen: Still, good fun forcing the Failures to crack down on Failed Failures!
Last edited by BIL on Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:21 am, edited 14 times in total.
Sir Ilpalazzo

Re: Bloodborne Miscs: Dream Hoont Never Ends ~ Yharny Fukkat

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

Deeply excited to play this game one day. It seems like it has the most interesting combat and moment-to-moment pacing of any of From's last decade of action games, which looks very appealing as a fan of Demon's Souls and especially the first Dark Souls. Though I have some reservations about the direction From went with Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro (DS3 is still excellent, I just think it's also kind of a mutation and sidegrade from what was great about the first few Souls games), Bloodborne's more elaborate mechanics and fast pace make it seem like it could genuinely be the best of the lot.
evil_ash_xero

Re: Bloodborne Misc: Yharny Fukkatsu ~ Dream Hoont Never End

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I'm deeply bitter at Sony for not giving this game a proper remaster, yet.
I'm worried they're going to wait until they can remake it, and then it won't resemble the original, like Demon's Souls.

Such a phenomenal game.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

I like this game ok, but TBH I beat the Cleric Beast & then just kind of bounced off it.

I sorta liked 2002 Shinobi (which I don't quite get the connection to here, but I'll take your word for it), though I remember it feeling sloppy due to the camera & enemy tracking. I really dug ZOE & ZOE 2's atmosphere & visuals, but the controls felt like I was trying to fight Evangelion with the forklift from Shenmue or something. And I absolutely love Castlevania, but the problem is every time I start getting into one of these FROM games it just makes me want to go play that series instead.

Still, I will for sure finish this at some point.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Thinking more from their upper difficulty tiers - not meaning to willy-wave, it's just a hard (and much-bewailed ^__^) fact that if you play those sloppily, you'll die fast (this ignoring the matter of rankings). BB has an instantly familiar model of high yield/high risk combat, with simple combos, and an explosive dash meant for aggressively slicing through enemy attacks and into their exposed backs/flanks.

Big difference being, Shinobi/ZOE2 let you get away with bad play at their lower difficulty tiers, only really cracking down at Super/Extreme, while BB punishes it harshly from the get-go, but gives a nice fat HP restore cushion to even things out.

All three also have cameras that are at times wildly unhelpful, control of which is as vital to master as that of the player character. But frankly, that goes for a lot of excellent 3D action. Nothing a bit of claw grip won't fix. :cool:

If you were only lukewarm on those games, you may very well be the same with BB. They're not cutting-edge 3D action showcases ala the best DMCs or Ninja Gaidens; more in line with the technically simpler yet tactically harrowing/rewarding likes of Final Fight.

BB doesn't have much in common with the traditional, nonlinear or even 3D Castlevanias, imo. It does have a gradually expanding, semi-nonlinear world to explore, but that goes for lots of stuff. I think Miyazaki said OOT was a key influence? As far as the SOTNesque bag of tricks, that's more of a postgame effect. Once the eight loops are done, you'll almost certainly have enough gear and resources to do whatever you like. Be a stealthy gunslinger or a technical fencer or a face-eating feral beastman, preferably after backing up your savefile so you can start a fresh loop if you get sick of your current one. :wink:
Sir Ilpalazzo wrote:Deeply excited to play this game one day. It seems like it has the most interesting combat and moment-to-moment pacing of any of From's last decade of action games, which looks very appealing as a fan of Demon's Souls and especially the first Dark Souls. Though I have some reservations about the direction From went with Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro (DS3 is still excellent, I just think it's also kind of a mutation and sidegrade from what was great about the first few Souls games), Bloodborne's more elaborate mechanics and fast pace make it seem like it could genuinely be the best of the lot.
I'm looking forward to starting Dark Souls this week, I've liked the cut of Miyazaki's jib ever since Elixir made that first Demon's Souls thread here... DaS1's interlinked world design sounds amazing, and from 600hrs in BB, I get the feeling it was sacrificed somewhat in favour of the latter's almost arcadey stage design. BB's areas work great, that way (several feel almost like mini-1CCs, if you clear 'em out without retreating home to restock), but my favourite moments design-wise were when I'd unknowingly complete the circuit from some terrifying new place to comfily familiar ground, via some dusty locked door I'd mentally filed away hours before. It only happens a handful of times in BB but it's always supremely rewarding, at least for my nervously creeping approach. :mrgreen:
evil_ash_xero wrote:I'm deeply bitter at Sony for not giving this game a proper remaster, yet.
I'm worried they're going to wait until they can remake it, and then it won't resemble the original, like Demon's Souls.

Such a phenomenal game.
Honestly, just give me quickloading and I'll be happy as a clam. 60fps would be great too, assuming whoever's in charge of the port don't break something. Would sooner leave it at 30fps in that case, BB handles like a dream.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I'm deeply bitter at Sony for not giving this game a proper remaster, yet.
It's a PS4 game. What do you really want updated in this game, if not a remake?
BIL wrote:my favourite moments design-wise were when I'd unknowingly complete the circuit from some terrifying new place to comfily familiar ground, via some dusty locked door I'd mentally filed away hours before. It only happens a handful of times in BB but it's always supremely rewarding, at least for my nervously creeping approach. :mrgreen:
Man, DS1 will make you cum then
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Sumez wrote:
just a pretty standard PS5 upgrade would be enough. Stable 60fps, faster loading.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Sengoku Strider wrote:I like this game ok, but TBH I beat the Cleric Beast & then just kind of bounced off it.
Haven't really experienced it then :x
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

I was about to say TEH REAL BB FEEL is (spoilers for progression beyond Central Yharny)
Spoiler
getting Sacky-kunned and waking up in ASS RAPE TOWN :wink: That's when I went from "well isn't this nice!" to "SWEET JEBUS FOOKIN CHRIST" :shock:

When I finally escaped that awful face-breaking, ass-raping town, and met my homie 4 life Parl, I knew I'd changed. I'd learned what it was not merely to survive, but overcome. Image

Also, my asshole was killing me.

But then I had a shocking thought! Marv's optional innit! (Larry's Cousin Ricky's Sword Hunter Badge for Hunter Emblem, or Operation Panty Drop: Doll Set Rescue).

So do you never encounter my beloved big-sacked boys, if you don't take Marv out? Fuck. That would blow! And it'd sure make a certain later uh, total massacre a bit confusing. Although what kinda pussy actually passes up on Ricky or Ol' Yharny, lmao. I WANT YA BOTH :cool:
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Yeah Sack boy only shows up after you kill Marvin.
My lord, I have come for you.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Damn. :o Moral of the story: MARVIN MUST DIE

evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Sumez wrote:
60fps, higher resolution, anti-aliasing, and maybe some touched up textures. Basic stuff, but needed.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I think the textures in this are still looking pretty good. Agreed that a framerate and res bump would be more than welcome.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Austin wrote:I think the textures in this are still looking pretty good. Agreed that a framerate and res bump would be more than welcome.
Don't forget the anti-aliasing! The kind they used in Sekiro and Elden Ring would be great. I think it's TAA.
Also, let's not forget that even though it runs at an OK 30fps, it has frame pacing, which ruins the whole effect of a "smooth experience".
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

You mean it has uneven frame pacing?
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

BIL wrote: I'm looking forward to starting Dark Souls this week, I've liked the cut of Miyazaki's jib ever since Elixir made that first Demon's Souls thread here... DaS1's interlinked world design sounds amazing, and from 600hrs in BB, I get the feeling it was sacrificed somewhat in favour of the latter's almost arcadey stage design. BB's areas work great, that way (several feel almost like mini-1CCs, if you clear 'em out without retreating home to restock), but my favourite moments design-wise were when I'd unknowingly complete the circuit from some terrifying new place to comfily familiar ground, via some dusty locked door I'd mentally filed away hours before. It only happens a handful of times in BB but it's always supremely rewarding, at least for my nervously creeping approach. :mrgreen:
All of that of course goes back to Demon's Souls, even, which itself is a fantastic game. Bloodborne seems like it lends itself to segmented survival challenges in a more exciting way due to its faster pace, but the nerve-wracking, adventurous gauntlets interspersed with satisfying, tension-relieving wraparound discoveries are major characteristics of that game, too - maybe even moreso than Dark Souls in some ways, as DS1 generally features shorter areas that don't put the screws to you for quite as long. (Dark Souls is a stronger game in the end, sporting a lot of mechanical refinements both big and small, more intricate levels and bosses, and of course its legendarily cool macro-level world design, but its predecessor is a masterpiece too - shame it's not as easy to get as DS1 these days.)

I'm starting to get the urge to give Bloodborne a shot through the PS Now streaming service on PC... it may end up being suboptimal but it's at least worth a shot lol, because I deeply want to play this game.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Ah man, I'd be playing Demon's first if I had a PS3 (or beefy enough PC). Actually still got my copy from BITD, but I was so balls-out into FC/MD/SFC at the time, once the dust cleared BB was out. :lol:

tbh, even though I've put these games off forever, I was just happy to not only see "hard gaming" come back to the mainstream... but also for From to finally break big. Associated them with quality ever since the Otogis, which while not DMC/Ninja Gaiden excellent, are certainly competent, and moreover outstandingly atmospheric. BB's rampantly destructive scenery-smashing instantly made me recall baseball-swinging enemies through pillars and manses.

As always with BB revisits, I'm left with a truckload of clips to GIF and upload. RAD SHIT ALWAYS HAPPENS :shock: :cool: I'll say one thing for now, max loop is a comfily dangerous joint. You can attack Hunter's Nightmare the instant it drops, giving a massive adrenaline spike to the early going, before a nice easy downslope through the midgame, into the nervier finale.

SMASH THE BEASTS LIKE AN IRON HAMMER Image Image (if you go straight into Nightmare on a new file, you'll likely face Euroshmuppy enemy HP; not impossible, but not fun). This thread's subtitle was made advisedly; between the tight stage design, addictively intense action, and enormous arsenal and range of playstyles, it really is a splendidly replayable affair.

You said it homie! Image Image

Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

A fair number of PS4 games got a framerate or graphical performance boost with PS5 backwards compatibility, but Bloodborne isn't one, at least not so far.

4K and 60fps has already been done, but only unofficially. https://www.tomsguide.com/news/bloodbor ... -fps-patch
BIL

Post by BIL »

Indeed Ed! That's what I'm gonna be looking into, if Sony don't get their fingers out. OTOH, if waiting two/three years means From themselves lovingly updating (or at least sternly supervising :twisted:) the release, instead of Big Value Software Co, that is cool too. :cool:

They might even fix that nagging translation error, you know, the one where it's called Hunter's Nightmare instead of Hoonter's Wet Dream :shock:

"You know my style. Win beautifully, got it?" Image

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

After spending so much time with Elden Ring, I'm more than ready for Bloodborne 2.

The many ways you can just exploit the combat and melt bosses in ER massively takes away the ecstasy you experience from learning their moves and mastering the fight to finally take them down. It's just a lot less satisfying if you know you could have just stayed at a distance and kamehameha their ass.
And people make the claim that Dark Souls was always this way, but as a loyal melee swordsman, that is never how I have looked at those games. But in Elden Ring it's impossible to ignore the alternatives, and it just reminded me of the thing I loved the most about Bloodborne - the game knows how it wants you to play it, and it's designed to be played that way, always posing a sufficient challenge, and never putting you in situations where "your build just sucks".

The few things I like less about Bloodborne compared to the Souls games I prefer are not inherent to the game's design at all and easily fixable. Estus type healing? Would fit like a glove. More varied and impressive locales? Coming off the exessive production values of ER, that should be the smallest issue. I'm ready, Fromsoft.

NO SKILL
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Sumez wrote:You mean it has uneven frame pacing?
Yeah.

One thing I liked so much about Bloodborne was the DLC. That has to be the best DLC... ever.
Not just the stages and bosses, but all the awesome weapons. You had a lot of fun stuff to play with.
Whirligig all the way.

When I got and beat the game, when it came out, I was like "I just wish there was more". And I got it. Made the game near perfect for me.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Sumez wrote:After spending so much time with Elden Ring, I'm more than ready for Bloodborne 2.

The many ways you can just exploit the combat and melt bosses in ER massively takes away the ecstasy you experience from learning their moves and mastering the fight to finally take them down.

NO SKILL
Haha. Subtle.

I'm running a straight up melee build. I haven't put a point in faith, arcane, or intelligence. I'm also being real careful with leveling, I don't want to be over leveled.

I'll experiment with more in NG+, but I'm having a lot of fun with a claw/fang combo.
Last edited by Stevens on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

That's what I did. No magic in NG. Experimented in NG+, and started just melting bosses with no resistance. :P
BIL

Post by BIL »

Oh hey, TIL that Bone Marrow Ash will burn out, if left sitting in the chamber too long. Was happily typing away, spacing out to the lovely Moogy "ARMED AND READY" sound, when it abruptly stopped. WAAAAAAA! Nah got Ash for days son. :cool: Takes a good long while, but something to keep in mind before you cock the hammer and commence action.
evil_ash_xero wrote:When I got and beat the game, when it came out, I was like "I just wish there was more". And I got it. Made the game near perfect for me.
It's hard for me to imagine BB without Hunter's Nightmare - the whole thing exudes quality, and clicks so perfectly into place with the OG content. If I didn't know otherwise, I'd never have guessed it was DLC. Absolutely indispensable!

I instantly thought the Failures felt like From's official apology for that daft Blue Man Group boss. :lol: Actually, while UCW is (rightly) considered The Survival Horror Bit, I've found Research Hall has a similar tenor, like they were expanding on the slower, stealthier pace. Of course, it lacks the choking claustrophobic darkness, but the sheer viciousness of its enemies will destroy foolhardy play likewise. Attacking either stage at speed feels absolutely diabolic, like raiding the halls of hell. :twisted:

From NG+ perspective, the DLC's expertly-paced shot of seek/destroy mayhem feels like a Hard 3D Action treasure trove nestled amidst the main story. It's also as formidably aesthetic as anything in the OG... even the story content is first-rate.

On that note, I was reading some lore discussion on (OG+DLC endgame spoilers)
Spoiler
the connection between Gehrman and the Orphan... besides the latter using distorted speech samples from the former, there's the Doll's intriguing comment that gramps is sleeping easier than usual, post-Nightmare Slain, mirroring her and Maria's own enigmatic connection (is poor Dolly just a Maria Realdoll for dirty ol' gramps? :shock: I like to think it's slightly more finessed than that, but I ain't ruling it out per se - makes me think of a certain other Maria actually, to Gehrman's James Image)

Someone posited that maybe the Orphan is meant to be Gehrman himself, having been literally swallowed up by Kos's corpse during the infamous raid. I'd... not considered that before, but the shared scythes, and even some of their moves suddenly pop out. Gehrman, his student Maria, and Orphan all share that distinctive 90-degree feint/charge, and Gramps' air-to-ground bombardment during his final phase is eerily close in look and effect to Kozmo mkII's own barrages.
Spoiler
*angry nightmare sounds*
Spoiler
Coming in from a long Silent Hill fandom, I'm used to thinking more metaphysically/metaphorically - I don't personally subscribe to the absorption thing. But I do like the notion of the Orphan being a nightmarish mockery of "the accursed fiends." The Good Hunter is of course your cipher, his/her motives as your own - but I'd like to think that completing Simon's mission is, from Kos and her faith's perspective, a sort of atonement.

You've partaken of Bergy's wicked fruit, entering their accursed kinship - but you can happily ignore the DLC and its punishing trial, ascending to apparent godhood if your ambitions go that way. It's very much an elective mission, "ending the Nightmare," being pulverised into gristle over and over by the ultimate incarnation of bad Hoonter karma: an unparalleled killing machine, whose utter fury makes blood-crazed hunters look like a basket of mewing kittens - the incarnation of a defiled god and her massacred people's undying wrath. Blood for blood.

The angry fish bro's measuredly tranquil closing narration feels right, that way.

As to Gehrman sleeping easier, and the Orphan's obviously distressed state using his own sobs, I like to think the poor old fucker is guilty. He's mentioned in several spots to abhor The Hunt, and reacts with wry bemusement if you turn down his offer of escape. Hoonter's Nightmare is presumably Valhalla for the truly kill-crazed, but someone like gramps would surely be guilt-wracked over those who followed in his footsteps being condemned to it.

Or maybe your PC is just a hard action junkie who'd never turn down such a mouth-watering spread. Bit of column A and B personally. :cool:

Yes DOLLYPARTON-CHAN I think so! I'm pleased as punch curling up with BB and its mad ninja/cosmic world again, anyway. Image
drauch

Post by drauch »

Back in the dream after a few years! Trying out arcane this go around. Man, looking back at my blind character is rough, but that's part of the fun!

Really hard making the transition (back) to BB after Elden. I've tried sneaking probably five times now... Tried to two-hand my weapon and did some blood vials :(. Really missing the dedicated jump, and the possibility of making a babe in character creation! Ah, the little things.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Arcane? Cauliflower or gtfo.
BIL

Re: Bloodborne LTTP: Yharnam Fukkatsu ~ Dream HOONT Never En

Post by BIL »

Freshened up the opening post a bit. :smile: After some 1000hrs in Dark Souls, and ~150 in Dark Souls II, it really hit me how tricky it is to discuss these games in isolation, as a latecomer. Looked up element data for a DS1 sword, was treated to a slate of unsolicited Bloodborne DLC spoilers. :lol: BB's not really a plot you can "spoil," of course, with it leaving troubling chasms of Great Unknown by its Weird Fiction design, but I consider a general first-timer blindness invaluable in these games.

Have to say, I grew to love DS1's Equip Load system, as well as the much starker build distinctions; obscenely superheavy berserker tanks, more finely-tuned knightly/samurai/clerical warriors, featherlight backstabbing ninjas/thieves, as well as the whole canon of the arcane, from tricky Faith and Pyro to cold hard INT and twisted feral Dark. I'd always seen BB knocked slightly for its lesser build variety, and wondered if it'd all seem a bit samey on return.

I was happy to find (as I'd also seen noted over the years), BB makes up for the relatively narrow player variety - everyone has ninja movement, everyone can bust out murderous sniper crits, everyone can die from a couple solid hits - with notably trickier weapon mechanics. DS1's various weapon classes - Halberd, Rapier, Greatsword, etc - differ radically, but within each group, if you master one, you'll be on fine footing for the rest. BB's individual weapons, even roughly similar ones, tend to be entire disciplines unto themselves, to say nothing of the really offbeat stuff, the Stake Drivers and Amygdalan Arms and Kos Parasites. I went a full 1000hrs in BB with my beloved Saw Cleaver over the course of a year, and only just realised a couple months ago that it has a fuckin double backstab. :shock: Even the stuff with clear DS1 antecedents, like the Church Pick (a Great Scythe gone monstrously Berserk) are full of surprises, like the immortally satisfying slam n' slap GIFFed in the OP.

And then there's the guns! Guns, guns, guns. Loads of 'em. Pistols, shotguns, flamethrowers, miniguns, bazookas... plus the killer range alternative of Simon's Bowblade, and weird little one-offs like Fist Of Gratia aka Fist Of B.Bas Rutten, made for ruthlessly liver-shotting light-and-middleweight enemies at clinch range. I've seen some JP players do fairly insane shit with sole survivor of DS1's shield array the Plank, too, even - a particular point of interest for me, after DS1's shield mechanic proved an unexpected treat.

(Now I understand: the Plank's infamous "Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity" wasn't a knock on DS1. Not the way I play DS1, anyway! Play that motherfucker like Psyvariar. Push the green bar to its limit, eating hits that'd tear your unshielded head clean off as you move to their flank, delivering your own biblical payload as they struggle to regain their footing - almost like BB's speed metal massacre dialled down to bone-crushing doom. Shit is FUCKING HOSTILE, I love it Image)

Then there's all the truly arcane stuff that BB shuffled over to the subweapon slot... I have to admit, I never found them very compelling, mostly for the long cooldown periods seeming like total backstab bait - but it's still cool that they're there, and as with the Saw Cleaver double-stun, I've no doubt there's ways around the reload periods. (oddly, while Beast Roar dominated my subweapon usage utterly - CPU hunters simply cannot deal with skilled usage of it - I never used its DS1 predecessors Force or Great Force at all... BB and DS1 make a great pairing)

TLDR: BB might enforce ninja agility, aggression and frailty, but it absolutely doesn't lack for variety. A smorgasbord of lovingly-polished murder machinery!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Jebus, that Hunter Axe 2HR2 is criminally good. Image

NAW, PLS, DUN SHOOT ME IN TEH BACK + CLEAVE MUH FACE 3X (◎w◎;)(^w´ )
Spoiler

I was wondering what the drawback was. Turns out it's obscenely easy to parry. Not great on Crowy, Picky, Marny, or anyone else that can shoot worth a damn. :lol: Slices hordes like SHWEET BUTTA though.

I've noticed with both DS1 and BB, the second loop (NG+) is their overall peak. Character is more or less built, as is gear, making for a massive SOTNesque toybox; meanwhile, LVLUPs are a lot less frequent, so enemy HP+STR doesn't vanish as quickly. Also, at least in BB's case, the enemy HP+STR buff isn't global; early-game foes get significantly more, so you can still get taken down if careless while revisiting the starter areas. I love hoofing it around BB's gorgeously-detailed town and country, avoiding teleports in general, so it's nice not having Central + Cathedral Ward become totally defanged when you return for their respective later-game branches.

There's also nothing stopping you from going straight to the DLC, whereas on NG (sans deliberate grindan Image), you'll find yourself Euroshumped, with enemies eating five+ V-ATKs. I dig low-HP glass cannon runs, but I can't stand that nerfy shit. I clap 'em square on the button I wanna see 'em eat floor, naw mean Image

Having cleared out all eight loops of both, there's a point where owing to XP and sheer resource stock (assuming you're not burning through the latter), things stabilise and start to drop off; outside of very rare PITAs like That Bitch Larry, with his undersized room, crazy HP, and... I can't think of a DS1 equivalent to Larry, tbh. Christ I hate that asshole.

2X MIDDLEFINGER + EAT PUSSY SIGN @ LARRY 凸(`w´メ)凸 Image
Spoiler

Still a great time on account of both's sheer quality though. Image
Volteccer_Jack

Post by Volteccer_Jack »

What you do in the DLC on NG is run past everything to pick up the weapons :lol:
"Don't worry about quality. I've got quantity!"
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

Bloodborne is great but I refuse to play it again until it gets a PC port because that original framerate is fucking dire.
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.