Bloodborne LTTP: Yharnam Fukkatsu ~ Dream HOONT Never Ends

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Blinge

Re: Bloodborne LTTP: Yharnam Fukkatsu ~ Dream HOONT Never En

Post by Blinge »

nice sig btw hahaha.

ahh man i've tried dodging as quick as possible, can't get it. one of the tendrils seems to hit me as she goes by.
well whatever, this'll have to wait until next time.
OR NOT. i might see her when i go to do the cum encrusted (j)isz chalice this week to bid farewell to BB for a time.

edit: omg the boom hammer... once it's completely covered in blood.. gives off a red flame when it's lit instead of orange.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

I don't sig often but when I do it's the best sig ever! :cool:

Now I look more closely at that clip, I do a double-quickstep to the side - I wonder if that second one keeps me clear of the shoulder check. Definitely not planned or anything, haha - I just feather Circle and hope for the best.

With all my praise of Cosmo's DUTTEH WINE, how did I forget DOUGLE-KUN? :shock: Clearly an influence on the young mad lad.

Shinji Mikami Presents: STRICTLY THE BEST VOL. XVIII
Spoiler

Gotta give Dougle the win here - his wine is so good it'll literally kill a man! Cosmo's will just knock you flat on your back. Which is still some pretty fuckin impressive gyration, all told.

I wonder if there was any DEEP LORE in deciding which bosses' TRANSPLOSIONS kill, versus merely blow back. I know Gehrman, Marny, and Gerry's are all lethal. Cosmo you'd think has the mother of all bombs, but IIRC it's harmless. Perhaps his SATSUJIN no OUGI lacks focus Image - especially compared to master killers like those three. Maybe he's more of a terrifyingly strong but rage/instinct-driven Buu, than a fiendishly well-learned Cell. (fuck me, I'm weebin out Image)

You ever notice all the parallels between Gehrman and Cosmo's fighting styles, btw? There's a very particular resemblance in their first phases' patient homing in, and both's use of air-to-ground bombardments later on. Cosmo also has exactly the same vicious "L" shaped charge as Gehrman and his prize student Marny (seen a post back). Even Cos's weapon is vaguely similar, with its hideous scything edge.

And then of course, Cos shares Gehrman's weeping voice, and Dolly notes a similar effect on Gehrman when Cos is banished, as with her and Marny.

I think the "Orphan" we fight is as much a hellish caricature of Hoonters, as it is a tragic evocation of its namesake. The First Hunter, in particular; noted in several places as archetypal (texts of Gehrman's attire and Burial Blade). It moves, attacks, and even sounds like Gehrman; its unnerving form - a towering "wizened child" - evoking despoiled innocence and lethal prowess alike. And the black phantasm we drive away from its mother's corpse, back into the sea; the Orphan proper? Harmless, yet formidably, primally aggrieved. Or perhaps just clinging to its mother, as any traumatised child would.

Either way, if you want to break the generational curse Marny recites as you're taken to the Nightmare, you need to face down a perfect killing machine that makes even the maddest Hoonter look like a mischievous puppy. "You say you're sorry? Choke down a dose of your own vile medicine then," basically. Those villagers probably looked on Gehrman's Hunters like we do Cos, a near-unstoppable terror.

What Simon tried and failed to do, the poor prick, with Braedor taking his job very very seriously indeed.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

pahahha that gif. yeah cosmo at times does seem to be... DUMMY THICC
( still don't know what that means )

anyhow - burinju's got fucking covid. ree
Despite this I pumped myself full of ibuPROfen and proceeded to get rimmed by Ludwid ng+7 for about two hours on and off.
Dunno, I didnt' get mad.. just tried again like a zombie. His slam when he jumps up to the ceiling with some serious hangtime... would 1 hitKO me. at like 60 Vitality + 15&10% health swastika runes :|

I'm shit without top tier weapons lmao. Boom hammer sure ain't one of them. I like it though.. i like the sound of its swing.

am I really gonna try fighting Laurence with this thing... :lol:
BIL

Post by BIL »

I remember watching Ludwig World Order's TIHYDP: The Old Hoonters video, years before ever playing BB, and one thing I always remembered (besides this, obviously! "SONIC BOOOM!" Image) was a caption from the superplay, accompanying DSP getting horsecocked into next week: "Roll clockwise during ceiling drop."

A method that's never once failed me, even if I've no idea how TF it works - but god damn, do I feel guilty for the EZ intel. :lol:

Sorry to hear you're under the weather Burinju, don't go popping your clogs before taking down That Bitch Larry ;-;7

I shouldn't call the Burial Blade hideous. That thing's made for the ol' painless. Takes your head off clean! Beastly process, a blunt executioner's blade. "A dirge of farewell" indeed *shing* *bounce, roll*

*rolling some more*

*slamming into fence at foot of garden*

Speaking of hideous tools, I do so love the little dual triptych going on between base game starter trio (Saw/Cane/Axe) and their GWUOOOARRR! METAL. AS. FUUUUUUCK DLC doppelgangers Saif/Cutter/Boomy. :mrgreen: Particularly the Cutter; ideal for a Pyramid Head cosplay (just bung on the Butcher set, topped off by Gold Ardeo, and get bloody). 1H form is a dead ringer for the Great Knife; not as nightmarishly massive, but wielded with the same unmistakable balance of RAW POWWA and bonce-lopping executioner's intent!

btw Burinju (`w´メ) a personal Q :oops: how many time have u whacked this poor no-shoes prick (;`w´;)

This mahfucka need 2 sell he vialz 4 a HOONTER CHIEF EMBLEM LMAO (◎w◎;)
Spoiler

Unluckiest bugger in all of YHARNEH TOWNE :shock: Five vials, son? Smack in the middle of a runback? Even the poor BAS-TAHD trapped in Wiggeh's room has a better chance of surviving this unsacred night Image
surviving
What in the name of Christ am I saying. >_>

my man lookin 95% jerk chicken, 5% bone, 1000% why are we still here
Spoiler
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

btw Burinju (`w´メ) a personal Q :oops: how many time have u whacked this poor no-shoes prick (;`w´;)
Pretty sure thanks to this guy all my Ludwig attempts ended up being a blood vial PROFIT afterwards :oops:

Yeah so.. you don't fuck with Larry anymore? I don't fuck with the well lmao. I simply do not want to experience the Well at ng+7. fuck those enemies, they're garbo.

Pretty much played all afternoon in my addled state
First look vs Cosm-mo was looking super good until I just shat
https://youtu.be/QV9NtgmO6cw

Larry NG+7 I can only describe as spectacularly unfun
In his last phase he had a habit of one-shotting me on counterhit, ie the counterhit that comes from mis-timing a dodge.
pulled out my best weps for him. i only entertained a couple of attempts of fighting him with the un-lit hammer.
https://youtu.be/bXTqwwUGZvw
don't ask me why i used sticky white stuff instead of bolt paper.

edit take: fuck evelyn all my homies hate evelyn..

nah i love the gun but i think functionally it's the same as the hunter pistol. However, i prefer the trusty old hunter pistol because i SWEAR evelyn's long barrel goes through enemies so you miss parries at point blank in a way you don't with the hunter pistol.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Gatling? nah i'm comin' for that bucci

One of the worst things that can happen :lol:
The experience of being both succed and cummed in at the same time, in the same 'ole

Edit: i was literally seeing stars!!
Last edited by Blinge on Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

And that's why I trust no firearm besides Marrowed Evelyn vs Brainsuckers :lol: I've seen them tank straight through so much shit... Marrowed Burner/Rosemarinus, Minigun, Piercing Rifle... it wouldn't surprise me to see the grab tank a Cannon, tbh. Marrowed Evie will stun 'em consistently, and even if they sprint after you, you can just do likewise while reloading. Quick enough that you can dodge their Handcuffs and land your own shot, too.

Minigun is what really makes me long for BLAME! / GitS Souls. WTB weapon that (while appropriately-balanced, obv) will just tear motherfuckers to shreds, like ED209 done poor Kinney. I'm talking blasted clean through furniture and into walls, just hammering one lucky boi into bloody shitting fuck. (on that note, gimme ground pound mechanic pls)

It's still super-stylish, which counts for a lot in BB, given how much a powerful Right Hand weapon can offset a crummy left, but even obscenely maxed-up, it's never the pulverising hail of burning death I envision. Image
Blinge wrote:Yeah so.. you don't fuck with Larry anymore? I don't fuck with the well lmao. I simply do not want to experience the Well at ng+7. fuck those enemies, they're garbo.
That sulky power-walk away when Anchor Boi's had enough :mrgreen:

I can pretty consistently take 'em down, on one condition: that I catch the fucker with a backshot and V-ATK as he tags in homie. If I miss, gotta hightail it. Marrows help there.

Also, tagging him with the Shaman BlowBlade can cause his bumchum (geddit? CHUM Image) to bum him promptly, but God damn, the startup and range on that thing is miserable. Still, works consistently if you can actually connect!

RE: Evelyn, you're definitely right about pointblanks missing - reminds me of Contra's traditional "barrel's length and no closer" mechanic, haha. I prefer it for DAT TINGE, works pretty nice with the Marrows (and enemies with good Blood DEF are so rare in BB).

Also dat dafty gangsta grip; XTRA gangsta when no-lock shotting fuckers with the barrel practically in their mouth, BADABING! :cool: :lol:

Lately I've been enjoying the Ludwig, I'd assumed it was a Rifle (like it says on the box!) but naw it's a fookin shoota m8, slow but the spread's great at catching those enemy attack frames.

---

BTW pls 2 enjoy muh Pyramid Head Cosplay :cool:
Last edited by BIL on Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Iirc any well timed shot can parry a Succboi but not sure about the boss variant. Gatling can't parry tho.
God the gatling is such a disappointment.

Haha you know.. the gangster element of Evelyn makes it worth every downside :mrgreen:
I'll never forget my abandoned bloodtinge co-op run. Somewhere in the chalices my friend was getting beaten down by one of the B-side bosses (sorrynotsorry).
I was wielding Reiterpallasch and Evelyn, hadn't got to the Chikago yet.
I Suddenly marrow'd up and did a fucking Danny Devito routine blasting from alternating hands while utterly mutilating some rap lyrics down the mic to my friend in decidedly white-boi in CoD fashion.
The damage!!! BLAM BLAM BLAM

Yeah i went back into Ludwig's shotty, and the Piercing Rifle in my cum-chalice-fun-chalice runs. just trying out firearms i hadn't used before. It's ait. Probably could've done with farming an uber burood gemmu first.
but alassss, i'm done with BB for now.

You ever fuck with Monster Hunter birru?
don't. :lol:

It seems like the action, the different weapon types being essentially different characters with their discrete win conditions, combo game, spacing, aiming for limbs/parts.. All that stuff I think would give you a massive chub on

it's just the gear collecting,farming element and all the absolute shit you have to wade through to get to the action would put off any hardcore arcade goer I think.

I thought about it just because of gatling and its actually effective variant in the MH series.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

knowledge that bends the fabric of reality itself

also I gave fist of gratia a whirl and just..
meh
BIL

Post by BIL »

If Souls etc were always on my distant horizon, MH and 99% of other relatively new stuff is somewhere on Venus. :lol: Never really crossed paths with that stuff, even my attraction to Souls was mainly based in a fondness for From going back to Agetec's PS1 localisations.

Gratia sounds cool ("Wow! A LIVA SHOT mechanic!"), but the total lack of combos, or parries, plus heavy stamina cost turn me off. One of the few weapons that can reliably stun Cosmo... but with he (and so many others) being best parried and V-ATKd, it feels like a handicap/challenge weapon, at best.

Imagine a three-hit CHOMBO, couple liver shots into a fuckin rabbit punch that flattens man-sized victims. I'd bung up for that. Actually I still might give it a go sometime, BB's an eternally revisitable toybox after all.
It seems like the action, the different weapon types being essentially different characters with their discrete win conditions, combo game, spacing, aiming for limbs/parts.. All that stuff I think would give you a massive chub on
That does sound rad :o
it's just the gear collecting,farming element and all the absolute shit you have to wade through to get to the action would put off any hardcore arcade goer I think.
TBH, I'm not at all averse to vegging out with a bit of the ol' Skinnerbox (thoroughly enjoyed Bloodstained ROTN, absolutely rife with the stuff you mention). Can be very relaxing, and frankly I see why those hardcore WoW types get addicted (the actual Skinnerbox experiments are interesting... basically, if Mr. Rat reliably gets food with each button-press, he'll eat until full. if he never gets food, he'll say "fuck this" and run off. but if he gets food maybe 5% of the time? he'll hammer that shit day and night, no matter how full he gets. scary, huh? :shock:)

...sometimes I wonder if chasing 1CCs/scores is any less of a jerkoff tbh. :lol: The key difference to me was always that in AC stuff, you tend to develop player-side, moreso than avatar-side... the thought that an experienced player could just pick up the controller and completely demolish a game I've only just picked up, both of us using the exact same player/ship/car etc - I find that really satisfying.

Like learning an instrument, just with markedly less pussy and/or bucci. :mrgreen:

I can dig either end of the spectrum though. Cheers for the rundown, might give 'em a look in sometime!
Last edited by BIL on Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I haven't played World, the one they dumbed down a little bit... (streamlined probably a better word)
cut out a lot of chaff afaik.
that was it.. just to be effective and have "skills" it's all through gear. Skills like.. don't get staggered + helpless whenever a dragon screams which is all the time. or a skill like your roll now has Iframes. or Attack up.
But the gear never gives you enough of the fucking skill you want, I swear. so you have to farm for gems which are basically bloodgems/materia but too fucking complicated.

There's that and the fact that having a different torso-piece on can be the difference between being able to play, and getting tapped by a rhino's ankle insta-gibbing you
So it's a constant balancing act

I get stressed just remembering it. :lol:

fuck it. I might put off trying World for another year

https://youtu.be/boKv8pMzLZc
he spin.
he win.

Edit: holy shit these bloodborne PvP builds :o
https://youtu.be/t7I10KGD3s4
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

I only get a chance to play uninterrupted now and then but if you lads get into Rise (on PC), hit me up for some dino-braining. I'm currently doing some level 7 hub quests and have just about enough chops to clear those, so l still have loads to learn, but I haven't embarrassed myself too much yet.

(I lost the plot recently and bought almost all of the old games, too, so I'm looking forward to monhun experiences in which you actually have to hunt, instead of simply running over to yetis and lamping them.)
Lander

MONSTER HOONTER

Post by Lander »

For my part, World spoiled me for the lower-key handheld tier of Monster Hunter. I find it baffling that they went back to it after such a breakout success on console, but that's Switch appeal for you I suppose.

It's got a much smoother curve than the older games. Certain early camp unlocks reduce the aforementioned basic-necessity shitwading to an emergency measure when you've forgotten to water your herb farm, so even if you're necking a can of Monster Hunter Energy before every fight and burning through full stacks of heals it's no worse than genociding the yharnam brickie populace for blood vials every so often.

And it plays real nice, though the gear grind-a-thon is still lurking in the back for when you hit endgame or depart to the expansion. Thankfully we've come a long way from the underwater war crime that was farming Goldbeard Ceadeus for switch axe bits in MH3.

I'll second the vote of chub. Don't be fooled by the gear progression - it's comparable to Souls in that stats give you error margin and build gives you hard counters and utility, but the real keystone is player skill and knowledge.

Myself, I favour the mighty SHOOT STABBER; you get to be a walking wall with an Early Man pile bunker. Stick to the monster's face with charmingly clunky box dodging, jab it, blast it, slam it into the ground for a full magazine unload, then charge up the BIG GUN to shatter carapace and crush bone. (And hopefully not send the rest of the team sprawling :lol:)
BIL

Post by BIL »

Why yes, I do enjoy a spot of Pyramid Head cosplay! RIP you poor obsolete buggers (both of you!), but what a classic look. Ardeo's got some nice stats too!

Imma crosspost muh DREAM BB HACKZ post, since the thread was bumped recently. Written with a bottle of red in one hand, and a raging hot BBoner in the other. Image You know when it bobs up and down on its own? THATS MAH DICK WHEN I HITS BB SON Image

---

Bloodborne. It's perfect! Almost! Got some silly little issues, easily-corrected ones at that. Bit less pie in the sky than usual, this post, as I'm hoping either a PC release or literal fuckin haxx0rz might make this a reality.

1) HANDS-FREE SPRINTING

Move [sprint] from [circle] to the left stick's outer edge. The stick's radius is 90% [walk] as-is; plenty of room for [run] and then [sprint].

Complaint: "BUT U LOSE TEH TACTICAL REALISM OF HABING TO BUILD MOMENTUM 4 SPRINT"

Rebuke: No, just have [sprint] kick in after a delay, like it already does.

Result: able to navigate stages and bosses at top speed while freely maneuvering the camera, like in fucking Shinobi (2002) and DMC3 (2005). Image

WHOA, IT'S BEAUTIFUL (;`w´;) - "lololol y did u nawt just stop and spin teh camera" because, cunt, there's a fuckoff massive sharkman just off-camera, and if I stop sprinting en-route to the sniper up top, he'll rape me in my asshole Image

"but aykshually u are sidestepping the super intelligent game design only FUROMUSOFTU could-" You think I'm afraid of the shark? I fuck him in the ass like we're in prison. I just can't afford to let him bash me over the back of the head while he's offscreen, particularly while his sniper pal tears me to ribbons.

Stopgap: Clawgrip can accomplish this. If From wanted to force a choice between sprinting and looking around? It's easily defeated with minor muscle memory. I just picked up my DS4, having not played BB in many months (I'm feeling a ferocious urge to plunge back in, it's like a hideously alluring pink cosmic horror punani! :shock: one full of spikes, aieee me knob!). BOOM, instant clawgrip that I'd used for probably half of the 250hrs I put on it, 8-looping it over the summer.

2) DON'T BE NEGATIVE, PUSSY! GET POSITIVE-EDGE DODGING

Now that [circle] is purely for evasion, nix the negative edge required for quicksteps/rolls to actually register. It's a tiny, TINY delay, to be sure - but why have it there at all? I only noticed it at the very end of my eight loops, when That Bitch Larry kept tagging me with his haymaker for 80%HP, despite my seeing and hearing it coming miles off, thanks to BB's insanely good body language cues.

Stopgap: Started dodging slightly "early" - all good. But again, why? I paid good money, hard-earned plowing chubby rich older men night after night, to enjoy my low-lag display. You think I want to replace missing lag? What - that I got nostalgic? This is why I don't talk about these games outside of this here farm, or my own skull!

3) CASTLEVANIA 64 DID NOTHING WRONG *2x MIDDLEFINGERS + EAT PUSSY SIGN*

L3 click does something trivial, can't recall offhand. Shunt it elsewhere, and institute a three-tier zoom toggle. "Default" is exactly like BB's existing camera. Click once for "Far" - the zoomed-out view tantalisingly seen in a handful of places. Go to Redeyed Saif's little garden in Hunter's Nightmare, you'll see what I mean. Gorgeous. Use this view when getting close to supermassive beasts, so you won't lose sight of their hands and heads, as well as navigating big scrums like Hunter's Nightmare's courtyard.

Click again for "Close," basically RE4's aim view, except you can move around as normal. Great for tight confines, like the Research Hall, or the occasional snipe, or just when you want to focus on something directly in front of you, whether for tactical or aesthetic purposes.

VISUAL AIDZ:
Spoiler

Complaint: "LOL THIS NOOB WANT TO PLAY GEARS O WAR, LMAO GB2 PC NOOB" (this seems to be the stock response to camera complaints in shitholes like REE and Reddit... often directed at players visiting BB from other, much harder action games :lol:)

Rebuke: Both proposed alt. views already exist in the fucking game.

Not for honour, but 4 u ~ (■`W´■)
Spoiler

WOOF WOOF WOOF *AROOO* Receive my rigid shaft balls-deep you sopping wet cunt (■`w´■)
Spoiler

"LOL, HE WANT TPS, GB2 RE4 NOOB LOLOLOLO - WAIT WHAT"
Spoiler

Wait.
Who the FUCK is knocking at my door (`w´メ)
Hold on a sec.

Oh! Hi, how's it going? You look good.

Haha, same. No I'm just styling on imaginary Reddit scrubs. You know a bunch of them refused to believe you could kill Wiggy before he stomped you? Yeah they were so shit at BB, they could barely escape him with their lives. I tell you mate. What? Post this over there? No fuck that m8, I know better than to jizz into an ocean of shit, haha! Spread your seed in worthy soil, that's what my granny told me! Sorry, forgot you'd lost your jaffers m8 3;

Like Clawgrip, keeping the Monocle in favourites isn't a big deal. It's just a needless complication. Click L3 a third time to return to Normal view.

4) GET THIS FUCKIN TREE OUT MY FACE MOTHERFUCKER :O

Have walls, scenery, and models (including the player, if desired via toggle) go translucent, when they're blocking the camera's line of sight. It's rare that a branch, or a vase, or a fuckin curtain blocks my viewpoint at a critical moment - but when it happens, it unfailingly makes me scream FUCK SAAAKE MAN - WORRYA FOOKIN DOIN?!

Spot the problem ;3 ;3 ;3
Spoiler

5) GET THE REAL SUPERJOY FEEL

Uniquely among BB's otherwise rock-solid handling, the leap attack input (fwd+atk) feels tatty and uncertain; finicky enough that I never bothered using it, outside of quasi-taunts and finishers. I can get 'em 95% of the time, that's not my problem; it's about feedback. In a game where death can strike with hellacious speed, I'm not gonna bother with a merely decent option that's uniquely annoying to execute.

God damn it do feel good though Image Image

Solution: Add a Final Fight-style shortcut: [L2+R2]. Keep the existing input - it is very cool, especially in PvP, that the "forward" input can point wherever you like, allowing sneak pounces on enemies to your back or sides.

6) ALLOW MOTION DETECT DISABLE

Self-explanatory. True, you can learn to avoid accidental taunts/gestures. Yet again though - why should you have to? Just allow a simple [y/n] toggle.

REMAINS OF THE JUDGMENT:
ME IN FUTURE (^w´ )凸 wrote:OMFG I ROVE IT HOLY FUCK BLOODREBORNE EVEN BETTER THAN B4!!!1 OwO

I THINK IMMA PLAY IT ALL SUMMER! WORRA BUMMER!!! :O

Oh FUCC! That sounds rad! :shock:
PLS, SONY CUNTS, PAY FROM 2 GET IT DONE ;3 ;3 ;3

God, deez tweaks PLUS quickloading? Fuck me new carpet. I'd bust all over me new ceiling. Image
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Result: able to navigate stages and bosses at top speed while freely maneuvering the camera, like in fucking Shinobi (2002) and DMC3 (2005)
... Yeah I sprint with my thumb holding circle in a semi-claw grip with my index finger giving the rightstick the reach around :lol:

edit: oh you said it. hahah
maybe I should read before replying :oops:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

4) GET THIS FUCKIN TREE OUT MY FACE MOTHERFUCKER :O

Have walls, scenery, and models (including the player, if desired via toggle) go translucent, when they're blocking the camera's line of sight. It's rare that a branch, or a vase, or a fuckin curtain blocks my viewpoint at a critical moment - but when it happens, it unfailingly makes me scream FUCK SAAAKE MAN - WORRYA FOOKIN DOIN?!
Ah I believe they implemented this in Sickiro and Belden Rim
BIL

Post by BIL »

Blinge wrote:Ah I believe they implemented this in Sickiro and Belden Rim
Nice :o I've become a camera pragmatist in my dotage. Used to think it was immersion-breaking; hell, used to balk at the free 360' pan that's standard in Miyazaki's games, until all those nerve-wracking expeditions into... TEH DARK. Image Now, my dream KCET Silent Hill5 (pronounced "Silent Hills" :cool:) would reserve static angles for a tiny minority of occasions. Much like the classic quartet would (SH1's lighthouse, SH2's hospital fridge); otherwise, lemme pan! Only increases the impending terror, when I've got no excuse not to see something coming. Ceilings included, aieee!
Result: able to navigate stages and bosses at top speed while freely maneuvering the camera, like in fucking Shinobi (2002) and DMC3 (2005)
... Yeah I sprint with my thumb holding circle in a semi-claw grip with my index finger giving the rightstick the reach around :lol:

edit: oh you said it. hahah
Dem experienced fing-fings ;3 Yeah, much like Contra III, clawgrip is ancestral muscle memory at this point - and tbh, not a big deal anyway. Just wanna see that 99% perfection over the line, BBC Label. Image (that's Brokeback Chalice Label Image)
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Lander

Post by Lander »

My controller meta was to bullshit together an I/O loop that allowed Steam Controller signals to be sent to the PS4 with appropriate "trackball cam" software hackery (and the wonderment that is backpaddle sprint, ooh baby :oops:), while also capturing the game via Durante's PtBi software to post-process it in PC land with extra anti-aliasing. The true Console Cope method.

To this day, the only thing I've ever used a capture card for. I cared way too much about optimizing my Bloodborne experience :lol: likely added a fuckload of input lag while I was at it too.
BIL wrote:Minigun is what really makes me long for BLAME! / GitS Souls. WTB weapon that (while appropriately-balanced, obv) will just tear motherfuckers to shreds, like ED209 done poor Kinney. I'm talking blasted clean through furniture and into walls, just hammering one lucky boi into bloody shitting fuck. (on that note, gimme ground pound mechanic pls)
Late to the party, but hubba hubba. I've wanted a good BLAME! game for ages, and what better franchise to take a swing at Gun Souls with.

The full scope of GBE demolition probably isn't feasible outside of a Minecraftesque sandbox, but could make for some incredible branch-point setpieces coupled with From's world cohesion acumen.
Finish Gaping Dragon from the right angle, get rewarded with a breathtaking vista and long shortcut to Ash Lake. But from the wrong angle? Whoops, you just Kiln Of The First Flame'd a major NPC hub :shock:
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Really happy I got back into playing Bloodborne. I took some time off because the game was creeping me out and I stopped at the
Spoiler
Micolash boss fight

I had the US Bloodborne PS4 disc and I thought to buy the Game of the Year (GoTY) edition so I could get the Physical DLC. Turns out that there is only a Euro GoTY version and subsequently my US save wasn't compatible.

I had to start over! :shock:

the F-man
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

hey F-man!
I recommend playing the DLC after you finish the Nightmare of Mensis!

don't make a final decision in the hunter's dream or kill the final boss, it will automatically finish the game and start NG+
!
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

Blinge wrote:hey F-man!
I recommend playing the DLC after you finish the Nightmare of Mensis!

don't make a final decision in the hunter's dream or kill the final boss, it will automatically finish the game and start NG+
!
Ditto.

I finished my first playthrough a few days ago, and did exactly that, with alot of unfinished business, including the DLC. Oops!
Lander

Driveby Moveset Appreciation

Post by Lander »

Watching a BB stream in the background, and man. The Kirkhammer may be low-tier, but its swing animations in sword mode are so good - every ounce of strength being thrown into each wide swing and followthrough.

I guess DS3 and Elden Ring probably derive from the same animation set, but there's something about BB's animation work that's just so tight.
Volteccer_Jack

Post by Volteccer_Jack »

For being one of the earliest available weapons, Kirkhammer is great. Comparable damage to LHB for less stat investment, and tricked form inflicts a ridiculous amount of stagger. It stunlocks Gascoigne (all 3 phases!), and easily interrupts Bloodstarved Beast attack startup.
"Don't worry about quality. I've got quantity!"
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

https://youtu.be/Ov8mCtknq8Q

damn i have never seen this enemy before. found in chalice
BIL

Post by BIL »

Holy fuck. :o That hole in the wall they're chilling in looks unusual too, can't recall it from the usual Chalice geometry. Bit hard to tell, but IIRC there's usually steps heading downward.

I'm still wanting to see a Big Spidey in the wild. The motherfucker gives me the creeps even in Mensis, where he's trivially dispatched with a bit of spinneh-mah-winneh (eg, get behind him, then use a Hoonter Axe 2H charge shot and followup 2H R2s to wipe out his zako).

Youtube totally cockblocked me on your comment re: that Pthumie Gramps (or is it Pthumie Jr?) I found in the wild! I was like "did I just see a certain silvery barnet? Nah..." then I went "Ho ho hoooly fuck!" as his boomerang clocked me in the head through that bush (coming and going Image); did a diving header off the platform, because D5 Root Chalice w/Fetid+Rotted+Curse = dead in a couple good hits, dogpile is VRY BAD!

Tore into him while tanking a brutal hit, thinking I had to take as much of the fucker's HP as possible before any of his bros could jump me - then this happened. :lol: :lol: :lol: Shoulda guessed... you see wild Beast-Possessed SOULJAHs and Keepers all the time, they ain't got the usual boss HP buffs either (though they still hit about as hard).

Did you know wild BPS will attack literally anything that isn't you? He'll even nom on enemy Hoonters to power up in2 BEAST MODE :shock: Makes me laugh when I'm scrapping with em and they get a whiff of another nearby enemy and run off like "Ay hol up." :lol:

Even after all of autumn 2022 relaxing und MAXXING in D5 FRCs, I didn't know until the last couple sessions that Fat Watchers, including Butt-Nekkid Watchers, can heal themselves. Pretty gross in the latter's case - looks like he EATIN HE OWN POOP :shock: Or maybe just food he'd shoved up his arsehole for later. I hear monkeys do that!

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

your YT comments always disappear for me man. Or I have to jump through weird hoops to see them
I think you're under some sort of shadow-ban
a lil birb told me they do that to commenters who use excessive profanity.. :x
BIL

Post by BIL »

The Man always suppresses what he fears: a thoroughbred Hard Gaymer with a bag of cheetos in one hand and his throbbing stiff cockerel in the other. (`w´メ)(^w´ )
Volteccer_Jack

Post by Volteccer_Jack »

Back in it lately. Surprised at how reasonable and balanced a pure Bloodtinge run is. Pretty heavy on resource management, and you won't have access to competitive melee damage until you kill Marty Laborious. But sucky melee doesn't sting quite as much when you shoot all your problems from 20 feet away. At the same time, erratic enemy movement keeps things from getting boring; there's enough careful timing of shots to keep things interesting, even when I'm killing Paarl in 8 bullets. Marty is shockingly easy to shoot to death, just make sure you don't let him get that forcefield up. Unfortunately, Bone Marrow Ash doesn't restock automatically, which is fairly annoying. Wishlist for the PC port we're never getting.

Evelyn+Chikage is some god tier Fashion Souls, btw 8)
"Don't worry about quality. I've got quantity!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Volteccer_Jack wrote:Evelyn+Chikage is some god tier Fashion Souls, btw 8)
House of Cain represent! Peep dis Image Got his ass beat, but looked utterly splendid doing so :mrgreen: