Microsoft Is Buying Activision-Blizzard

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Sengoku Strider

Microsoft Is Buying Activision-Blizzard

Post by Sengoku Strider »

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statu ... 53836?s=20

I haven't bought anything from them since Bungie bailed on them a couple of years ago, but MS having the IP for Call of Duty, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater will no doubt mean something to a lot of people.

This follows after their acquisition of Bethesda giving them Elder Scrolls, Fallout & Doom as well.
Udderdude

Re: Microsoft Is Buying Activision-Blizzard

Post by Udderdude »

I'm more surprised by how little I care anymore.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

I'd rather Microsoft not buy up every game company like Disney buying up every media company, but there is little anyone can do about that.

Sony will assuredly have to snatch up some publishers of their own just to keep Microsoft's grubby hands off them if they want the Playstation brand to remain viable. Nintendo will just do whatever Nintendo keeps doing.

I'm not that much into modern games, but every once in a while I do play them. Prefer to have have more choices than just Microsoft if possible when I decide to play one.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

It does feel like a changing of the guard. Bethesda was the previous largest gaming merger ever at $12B, this is almost $70B.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

It's sad, but this might actually save Crash, Spyro, and Pro Skater. I strangely trust Microsoft to actually get people to work on those IPs. If they manage to get VV back on that Pro Skater 3 remake, they're going to be everyone's friends. That whole mess with VV remains one of the biggest disappointments in recent years.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I've hated Xbox ever since Halo. I just liked consoles to have their Japanese vibe going on and PC's to have all those western games. Sega got kicked out albeit mostly their own doing.

I'm over 50 years old now, and gaming was at its peak for me somewhere around the Dreamcast/PS2/GC era.

If gaming was so great, this forum wouldn't be 99% saturated with emulation, RGB to HDMI solutions and ODE mods.

I have no idea where gaming is going, where the creativity went or why $70 billion dollars is going to save the industry for me. It might save it for someone else..

I'm sure Microsoft will buy up everyone and spluge out FPS after FPS after FPS with all these Activision franchises. To me, its just new skin.. As much as I don't like Xbox (Digital passes, online this and that) I don't much like PS5 either. For competitive gaming I think the world is on fire, but I like my lone wolf games...

For me, its all "nothing to see here". Move along.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

neorichieb1971 wrote: I'm over 50 years old now, and gaming was at its peak for me somewhere around the Dreamcast/PS2/GC era.

If gaming was so great, this forum wouldn't be 99% saturated with emulation, RGB to HDMI solutions and ODE mods.

I have no idea where gaming is going, where the creativity went or why $70 billion dollars is going to save the industry for me. It might save it for someone else..
Insert old man yells at cloud gif here... :P

The reality is more people play games than ever before, video games are bigger than ever before, and due to the larger population of players, there are more people who have a want for "retro" gaming. This demand is not an indicator that modern games are less in demand.

Times and tastes change. There is nothing wrong with liking what you like but that's not to say that currently, gaming isn't great.
drauch

Post by drauch »

neorichieb1971 wrote:If gaming was so great, this forum wouldn't be 99% saturated with emulation, RGB to HDMI solutions and ODE mods.
Mmmm, that miiiiiiiiiiight have something to do with the emphasis on arcade gaming here :wink:
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla