X-Morph Defense is free on GOG today and you should get it.

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Mischief Maker

X-Morph Defense is free on GOG today and you should get it.

Post by Mischief Maker »

Don't be scared off by the tower defense tag, it's closer in gameplay to Herzog Zwei.

Not only is it the superior maze-building form of tower defense, but when bosses show up it's like a twin-stick Raiden game.

It's REALLY good. To the point that I'm not sure if I'm sold yet on whether its followup The Riftbreaker is a better game.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Jeneki

Re: X-Morph Defense is free on GOG today and you should get

Post by Jeneki »

X-Morph is awesome. So much destruction from beginning to end. I did a full play through without getting sidetracked to other games, which is always a good sign.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for this; I probably would have ignored it if not for your recommendation. DLed it when it was free but just now got around to trying it, and it eased me in nicely; will definitely add it to the ol' backlog.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Glad you like it, it's the definition of "hidden gem."
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"